Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

I hope he is swiftly executed. I don't want to hear his name for months and years as trials and appeals drag on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I lived in Lawrence KS for four years. My roommate kept telling me how mean people from Johnson County are lol
I'm hoping that was sarcasm considering the poster you were referring to from JOCO was being sympathetic to the victims while the shooter was from out of state. Oh. lol.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
He posted at Vanguard News Network Forum before going insane.
You may have the order of those two events reversed.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Hey, Nazi nutjobs don't always play nice with each other. Not surprising because when you get groups of jerks with extreme views together.....well jerks will be jerks.

Look no further than the head of the american nazi party (Rockwell) who was shot dead by a fellow nazi he'd had a falling out with over "racial purity".

I'm waaaaaayyyyyy less worried about dwindling numbers of stormfronters anymore and more concerned about intra-minority race relations and softer hate. I mean, look around the FBI Hate crime stats....it sure is sad that as the "old white racists" are dropping off....that the new face of multi-cultural America seems to be picking up the slack.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-15-2014 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm hoping that was sarcasm considering the poster you were referring to from JOCO was being sympathetic to the victims while the shooter was from out of state. Oh. lol.
I just repeated what my roommate told me.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope he is swiftly executed. I don't want to hear his name for months and years as trials and appeals drag on.
Well he definitely would be executed quickly if he was in Texas.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well he definitely would be executed quickly if he was in Texas.

Texas seems to be executing about 17 a year and has about 287 inmates on death row.
At this rate it will take 17 years to clear the decks, assuming no further inmates are sentenced to death.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Everything that I've read says that he killed 2 Methodist and a Catholic. I don't think any of them were Jewish. I also heard that he asked them if they were Jewish before shooting them! It sounds like he targeted people that weren't Jewish!

Old 04-15-2014, 03:20 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
That Vanguard forum is so ridiculous I have a hard time believing if it is sincere or a parody forum.

I live in Overland Park, Kansas (not from here originally). This atrocious crime has affected me deeply: this violent man came in to my town and hurt the community I have come to embrace. The fact that he gunned down a 14 year old who barely had a chance to enjoy the life that was in front of him is so appalling and tragic.

In general, I am not a supporter of capital punishment. Kansas has the death penalty but hasn't performed a single execution since the national moratorium was lifted in 1976. I don't often agree with Kansas politics, but in this I can state that I seriously respect their consistency: a human life is a human life. I would suspect that Mr. Cross AKA Mr. Miller will be tried as a capital offender under Federal statutes. I just hope that the community I live in can rebound from this heinous crime.

Anybody who is guided mainly by emotions......many times lets those same emotions drive them to act dingy. I read the same type of drivel over at DU, just directed towards the TeahadliKKKans.....just makes me cackle and laugh.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So the "evidence" you have that KKK Grand Wizard Byrd wasn't a typical liberal, is that Grand Wizard Byrd said so, and his acolytes believed it?
Byrd was a HUGE liberal, but that doesnt matter here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies