Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Sorry but once he dragged her over to the other perp he clearly wasnt afraid she was armed. To then put one in under the chin indicates he decided to kill her rather then deal with her being able to defend herself in a court. To me this indicates he was no longer acting under the law.

And this isn't a fine line one from the sounds of it, this seems pretty clear. I have no problem with people killing intruders, but I DO have problems with after having shot them several times, drug them across the room, you then decide to execute them.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:28 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Why do you believe that "every crime deserves a death"? That sounds like a bizarre and insane point of view to me.

Are you feeling unwell?
Nope -

the statement that the shooting is just assumes that unarmed teens with no history of killing or hurting anyone deserve death JUST because they broke into someones house.

These teens were shot while engaged in a crime, and for that he is not on trial

He is on trial because after shooting the kids, he EXECUTED them.

To support this, is to support his right to execute people for breaking into his house (not just shooting at them/or stopping them). To me that is similar to . . almost every crime deserving death.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sorry but once he dragged her over to the other perp he clearly wasnt afraid she was armed. To then put one in under the chin indicates he decided to kill her rather then deal with her being able to defend herself in a court. To me this indicates he was no longer acting under the law.

And this isn't a fine line one from the sounds of it, this seems pretty clear. I have no problem with people killing intruders, but I DO have problems with after having shot them several times, drug them across the room, you then decide to execute them.
I couldn't care any less. If they didn't want to get into that situation, maybe they shouldn't have decided to commit a crime. Sucks to be them.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I couldn't care any less. If they didn't want to get into that situation, maybe they shouldn't have decided to commit a crime. Sucks to be them.
That is why you are just a poster on CD. YOU CAN'T TELL RIGHT FROM WRONG! LOL

Old 04-14-2014, 02:32 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they were not children trying to get a glass of milk, they were criminals under 20 committing a home invasion.
he was not a trained police officer he was a home owner trying to protect his kids. so proper use of force should not measured the same as for a police officer. why is it everytime a crime is committed we put the victim on trial????
pineapple upside down cake.

You in one breath put the teens on trial (saying how bad) when they are the victums of the execution.

that is pretty damn ironic

1 - this man shot people. I disagree with it. . but defending your house. . .is allowed by law. so lets let that transgression slide

2 - once they were shot, and with no weapon, and were bleeding on the floor. . .he didn't call 911. He didn't get them help. Nope he EXECUTED them. They were down, and he decided it wasn't enough to stop them that he had to stop them FOR GOOD

that is why he is on trial

the cake is right side up . . .

Old 04-14-2014, 02:33 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
I think there is a difference in defending your family and emptying your clip into already shot up people that aren't moving.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You in one breath put the teens on trial (saying how bad) when they are the victums of the execution.

that is pretty damn ironic

1 - this man shot people. I disagree with it. . but defending your house. . .is allowed by law. so lets let that transgression slide

2 - once they were shot, and with no weapon, and were bleeding on the floor. . .he didn't call 911. He didn't get them help. Nope he EXECUTED them. They were down, and he decided it wasn't enough to stop them that he had to stop them FOR GOOD

that is why he is on trial

the cake is right side up . . .

Less crime off the streets and in prison, looks like a good deed to me.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Mr. Smith is going to jail. He acknowledged to using more deadly force than was required to neutralize the threat to himself.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Mr. Smith is going to jail. He acknowledged to using more deadly force than was required to neutralize the threat to himself.
Actually even thats forgivable in the heat of the moment.....If he had unloaded a clip into each one, I probably wouldn't be bothered at all.

He ambushed the first intruder, thats fine.

He then shot the girl, and she went down, thats fine. He then apparently shot her a couple more times with a separate weapon.....OK not as fine as she was down already, but hey like folks say-thats probably more deadly force then was needed. But I'd still let that slide....

But then he drug her over to the other body, TOLD her he was going to kill her....and shot her under the chin.

Uhmmmm no. So yeah I agree with you, he's going to jail.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:38 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Less crime off the streets and in prison, looks like a good deed to me.
And one more gun-happy old redneck in prison 'servicing' a muscular black dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies