Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
It is a complete ban on standard size magazines,

Furthermore "assault weapons" are just semi auto rifles that leftist think are machine guns which they are not..

So just because you live in a state with a big city your rights should be some limited?

Yes they are needed for self defense they are the best tools for the job.

They are lightweight, easy to aim, good stable platform, and can help the home owner turn the tide on a home inversion.

Handguns will do? Are you kidding me? Have you ever aim a handgun when your adrenalin is pumping?

Yeah who would have thought law enforcement that enforces laws that violet the Bill Of Rights would like to do so with out the fear of facing some citizens of have the same kind of hardware they do.

Yeah I mean its not like firearms have been and are being Confiscated..right Erick?

What confiscation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,562 times
Bottom line is , if you dont want to carry then you dont have to but if someone wants to carry and passes whats needed to obtain a CCW permit , then they should be allowed to carry. Simple.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What confiscation?
Confiscation of arms from native Americans 1830`s to 1890`s;

Confiscation of private firearms owned by blacks in the south after the Civil War/Reconstruction.

Confiscation of arms from German Americans during World War 1.

Confiscation of arms from Japanese, Italians, and German Americans during World War 2.

Attempted Confiscation Battle of Athens Tennessee 1946, failed miserably.

Confiscation during Hurricane Katrina.

Active Confiscation in happening in California under " The Armed Prohibited Persons System" which violates the Gun Control Act of 1968

Active Confiscation is happening in New York state and New York City of all firearm that hold more then 5 rounds.

Soooo Yeah.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Confiscation of arms from native Americans 1830`s to 1890`s;

Confiscation of private firearms owned by blacks in the south after the Civil War/Reconstruction.

Confiscation of arms from Japanese, Italians, and German Americans during World War 2.

Confiscation during Hurricane Katrina.

Active Confiscation in happening in California under " The Armed Prohibited Persons System" which violates the Gun Control Act of 1968

Active Confiscation is happening in New York state and New York City of all firearm that hold more then 5 rounds.

Soooo Yeah.
So in the last 100 years All there really was is Katrina where the police overreacted in a national emergency, those guns were returned

California is taking guns out of the hands of felons, I guess that fits the definition of confiscation.

NYC (not NYS) has regulations against rifles that hold more than 5 rounds, no mass confiscation

The battle of Athens was not a confiscation, quite the opposite with soldiers taking guns from an Armory

Doesn't look very significant.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So in the last 100 years All there really was is Katrina where the police overreacted in a national emergency, those guns were returned

California is taking guns out of the hands of felons, I guess that fits the definition of confiscation.

NYC (not NYS) has regulations against rifles that hold more than 5 rounds, no mass confiscation

The battle of Athens was not a confiscation, quite the opposite with soldiers taking guns from an Armory

Doesn't look very significant.

Those were other times the violate the Constitution.

California is also targeting those who ADHD ADD with is such a violation of law, since they are have not be proven to be a danger to themselves or others.

It is still confiscation in NYC..

They was a attempt to confiscate arms from veterans, which really did back fire on them, but then again you shot a vet when his back is turned, then try and disarm other vets so you can rig a election, You get what you have coming to you.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
You are aware their is a world of difference between a target and a threat who has the means of harming and or killing you...right?

You compare a self defense moment to a trip the range, they are nothing alike one is for fun and target practice and the other is life and death. try making multiple shots in a dark room, the bright muzzle flash blinds you because you can have a flash suppressor on your muzzle, your ears are ringing because of the deafening noise because you have just fired a firearm inside your house, maybe permanent hearing damage, all because you could not own a sound suppressor.

Maybe their are multiple people in the house, maybe they are on Meth or Bath Salts(god forbid both at the same time) Trying making those shots with flash blindness, blown out ear drums, the adrenaline rush from this happening on top of pain and the adrenaline that will cause, then factor in you have to hit the criminals and hit them in vital spots, and remember you only have 7 rounds in your magazine, no more.....Yeah not so easy now is it?

Once, almost car jacked at a gas station...held him at pistol point until the cops showed up.

And a drunk Obama supporter on reelection night scream racial slurs and pounding on my door for 5 mins non stop, lucky for him the cops showed up...

And Another with a teenager running though my backyard at 2 AM being chased by the cops and being light up be a LE Helo..tried to kick the back door....A very very very armed and very very pissed me made him rethink his plan...

No shots fired not yet at least...
You are too funny, so you basically have no idea what it would be like to actually have to shoot another person while you are on an adrenaline high.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
You are aware their is a world of difference between a target and a threat who has the means of harming and or killing you...right?

You compare a self defense moment to a trip the range, they are nothing alike one is for fun and target practice and the other is life and death. try making multiple shots in a dark room, the bright muzzle flash blinds you because you can have a flash suppressor on your muzzle, your ears are ringing because of the deafening noise because you have just fired a firearm inside your house, maybe permanent hearing damage, all because you could not own a sound suppressor.

Maybe their are multiple people in the house, maybe they are on Meth or Bath Salts(god forbid both at the same time) Trying making those shots with flash blindness, blown out ear drums, the adrenaline rush from this happening on top of pain and the adrenaline that will cause, then factor in you have to hit the criminals and hit them in vital spots, and remember you only have 7 rounds in your magazine, no more.....Yeah not so easy now is it?

Once, almost car jacked at a gas station...held him at pistol point until the cops showed up.

And a drunk Obama supporter on reelection night scream racial slurs and pounding on my door for 5 mins non stop, lucky for him the cops showed up...

And Another with a teenager running though my backyard at 2 AM being chased by the cops and being light up be a LE Helo..tried to kick the back door....A very very very armed and very very pissed me made him rethink his plan...

No shots fired not yet at least...
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are too funny, so you basically have no idea what it would be like to actually have to shoot another person while you are on an adrenaline high.
So you are going to throw out all the fact based and valid points to bring up non events?

I was not in a adrenaline high because I choose not feel fear and use logic to assess the situation and take action, furthermore the action of those individuals also played a part their either submitted or were the police arrived before the situation deteriorated any further.

Once again showing how little you know, but the again you went to a range....once....and hit a paper target...So you must know everything..right

Old 04-21-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
So you are going to throw out all the fact based and valid points to bring up non events?

I was not in a adrenaline high because I choose not feel fear and use logic to assess the situation and take action, furthermore the action of those individuals also played a part their either submitted or were the police arrived before the situation deteriorated any further.

Once again showing how little you know, but the again you went to a range....once....and hit a paper target...So you must know everything..right
Sure you did, and I took on an entire army by myself in the jungle.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sure you did, and I took on an entire army by myself in the jungle.
So when faced by facts, logic and basic observations, you use humor...

I mean just because you cant put emotion aside does not mean no one else can.

This leftist notions that "If I cant, no one else can or will able to do it" is very wrapped..

Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
So when faced by facts, logic and basic observations, you use humor...

I mean just because you cant put emotion aside does not mean no one else can.

This leftist notions that "If I cant, no one else can or will able to do it" is very wrapped..
What facts, you can make up anything you want on the internet. I am sure you have been in so many gun confrontations in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies