Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 07:37 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well woot hooter you may want to get out then. Or just ride the train like others. It goes up and down. Only reason it's up now is due to the fed pumping the market. Will you be woot wooting when the fed decides to step away? I guess we will see. Hey I have my 401K making dough too..........but it won't continue forever. I'm in for the long ride though on that one so we shall see I guess. Market rich while the country goes to sheet. Very interesting things going on.
What? Wait? I can't have my cake and eat it too?

Wait let's see here.. Gas prices rise it must be Obama's fault.. Oil and gas production in the US at it's highest levels since... Lord what- 40 years? It must be Obama's fault. It seems only logical, as some on the right would portend, that the rise in the stock market must therefor be... Obama's fault!

And.. the rise in my sarcastic criticism of dimwitted tea-poopers must also be... Obama's fault!

Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
What? Wait? I can't have my cake and eat it too?

Wait let's see here.. Gas prices rise it must be Obama's fault.. Oil and gas production in the US at it's highest levels since... Lord what- 40 years? It must be Obama's fault. It seems only logical, as some on the right would portend, that the rise in the stock market must therefor be... Obama's fault!

And.. the rise in my sarcastic criticism of dimwitted tea-poopers must also be... Obama's fault!
Tea poopers................that is a new one I haven't heard it. Good work.

You obviously don't even understand the situation. All you are here for is to defend dear leader it seems as that is your entire post. Scream on........all you swooners do.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You obviously don't even understand the situation. All you are here for is to defend dear leader it seems as that is your entire post. Scream on........all you swooners do.
Nope, nope and nope..

Simply pointing out in a very colorful way how this argument is rooted in complete nonsensical BS. However it certainly was a gift to be able to link the tea-poopers to such an argument, albeit not surprising. Most of their arguments are rooted in baseless crap anyway.. Birth certificates, muslim identity.. It comes as no surprise that they would attempt to link a commodities market performance to him as well.

Like they say- stoopid is as stoopid does.

Kinda like how you somehow inferred my defense of the sitting president when none was given, lol.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Nope, nope and nope..

Simply pointing out in a very colorful way how this argument is rooted in complete nonsensical BS. However it certainly was a gift to be able to link the tea-poopers to such an argument, albeit not surprising. Most of their arguments are rooted in baseless crap anyway.. Birth certificates, muslim identity.. It comes as no surprise that they would attempt to link a commodities market performance to him as well.

Kinda like how you somehow inferred my defense of the sitting president when none was given, lol.
I've argued all through this thread his complicity in the current commodity prices all without resorting to third grade arguments.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've argued all through this thread his complicity in the current commodity prices all without resorting to third grade arguments.
I disagree............kindergarten comments. All the swooners have left to toss out.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Nope, nope and nope..

Your tea pooper phrase spells out what you are all about. Nothing but a hack. Keep on though as you are funny...........pathetic........but funny.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 AM

Oooh.. must've stuck a nerve! I'm so sorry, I just didn't think it appropriate to discuss economics in a politically motivated and utterly senseless thread.

Meanwhile I will go and count my dividends- thanks to Mr. Obama, lol.

Wait- I don't think I can count that high.. I'm only in kindergarten

Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 AM

I believe we all know what happened last time people were saying that things are not right but the Fed said all was good.

With biotechnology stocks trading at more than 500 times earnings, mega-deals resurfacing and bond sales at a record, concern prices are too high is growing amid a rally that has pushed the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index almost 30 percent above its peak in 2007. The view isn’t shared by the Federal Reserve, which said this week that while valuations are stretched in smaller biotechnology and social media companies, asset prices in general are in line with historical levels.

Bubble Paranoia Setting in as S&P 500 Surge Stirs Angst - Bloomberg

Old 07-21-2014, 06:06 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Of course it is. It's not the only measure.
OK, so if it's a reliable measure of economic health then apparently the economy is stronger today than at any time in 1950's and 1960's - since the LFPR is higher today than at anytime during those decades - especially considering that nearly every other economic indicator from stock prices, to home prices to consumer and business confidence is showing improvement.

As I said - it's not a reliable measure of economic health.

Ken

Old 07-21-2014, 06:15 AM

What Disposable Income Looks Like: With And Without Government Handouts

While it is now undisputed by even the Federal Reserve itself, that all the "benefits" of QE have accrued exclusively to the wealthiest segment of society, those 0.01% whose wealth is mostly invested in financial assets which have inflated in direct proportion with the Fed's balance sheet, some have tried to suggest that because the disposable income of the average American has also increased in the past few years, then QE has been a success. There is one problem with that statement: it isn't true

As Eric Sprott points out in his latest letter, "if one looks past headline figures, things are not really getting better. As shown in Figure 1, real disposable income per capita in the U.S. has increased only modestly since the Great Recession. However, all of this increase is due to Government Transfers, not from an improvement in the real economy.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...nment-handouts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies