Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,370,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Since you support Reagan you will surely support his philosophy regarding background checks and the assault weapons ban.
define '''assault weapon'''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,027,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Complete list of Leftist policies Obama has passed:
Cracked down on marijuana less hard than predecessors
Hasn't prosecuted gays very much
...I think that's it?

Yeah, real communist sympathizer, that guy.

If you say cap-and-trade or Obamacare is leftist, just be aware that I will laugh until my monitor is covered in spittle and then probably ignore you.
WTH are you talking about? Prosecuted gays? Cracked down on Marijuana?

Good grief, how disconnected can your reasoning become?

Hit the ignore, that'll show me!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:09 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,103,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Maybe you just choose to ignore it. They've been shilling all over the Internet since 2009, from forums to Urban Dictionary to news comments with their ridiculous nonsense. I've encountered many and they are relentless.

Either they worship him, or they're being paid to go to so much trouble. Take your pick...
I'm not ignoring anything. I see when the President's supports agree with him, when we/they disagree with him, and how they hold him accountable. I'm also clear-minded enough to see when his opposition attacks/disrespects him for any reason. Even when he is right...

Old 04-17-2014, 01:16 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,055,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Ronald Reagan Uses 1911 Pistol. Interview by Grits Gresham - YouTube

The story came out in an interview by gun writer Grits Gresham in 1983. Ronald Reagan was living in a rented apartment in Des Moines Iowa when he witnessed a mugging of a 22 year old nurse. He grabbed his 1911 pistol and pointed it at the thief, who took a fright and ran off. According to Tom Gresham, son of Grits, the media at the time pooh-poohed the story, but Melba King who was the 22 year old nurse in the story, came forward to confirm it.

In Reagan's words, it was a 1911 semi-auto, not a revolver as some sources have reported. Reagan said that the gun was unloaded. Perhaps he learned a lesson from that. As prez 50 years later, he made damn sure that his gun was loaded in order to win the Cold War.
1) He didn't use a gun fighting the Cold War, he used the taxpayers' wallet and spent like a drunken sailor, typical conservative hypocrisy.

2) IF he really did win the Cold War Putin wouldn't be such a PITA today, eh?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:24 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,575,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
WTH are you talking about? Prosecuted gays? Cracked down on Marijuana?

Good grief, how disconnected can your reasoning become?

Hit the ignore, that'll show me!
I don't understand, are you saying that Obama hasn't prosecuted marijuana usage less than Bush, or that doing so isn't leftist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies