Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 PM

579 posts, read 762,123 times

Advertisements

Putin would defeat Obama in an USA election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 09:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise TibetanMonkey View Post
Hey, the French are still having fighting terrorists in central Africa. There are operations around Timbuktu, which sounds like a pretty remote place.

I don't think they are engaging in "nation building" but controlling the situation for the West.
Timbuktu is in Mali, a former French colony.

They have a vested interest in exerting influence there and in other Central African nations that they once owned.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 PM

663 posts, read 503,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Putin would defeat Obama in an USA election.
Obama has launched so many revolutions and not a single one survives or works. Others are caught up in endless fight.

Not that Bush was that successful in nation building.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 PM

663 posts, read 503,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I don't hate Putin at all, I respect him more than I respect obama...

Putin is trying to gain respect for Russia while obama is trying to humiliate America...
I don't think he does it on purpose. It just happens by accident, like the metaphor of the matches.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 AM

49 posts, read 73,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I admire both the Russians and President Putin. The former have won their freedom and the latter is trying to make certain Russians are not terrorized by the Ukrainians.
Won their freedom? From who, do you mean from Germany in WWII?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I hear it all the time: "That Putin is a bully, blah, blah, blah." That's people that just heard from the media that Putin is the bad guy. Well, how about Putin enjoying the support of 80% of the Russian people? That's more than Bush ever enjoyed at the height of the Iraqi war.

Unlike Iraq though Russians are familiar with Ukraine, which proves my point that they know their reasons.
Not like most Russians feel comfortable criticizing their own government.

Some of the best travel deals this summer are cruises that include an overnight in Russia. So many of those who did not cancel their cruise have no intention of getting off the ship. This is not good for the Russian economy.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 PM

96 posts, read 105,624 times
Vladimir Putin and Russian leader Alexander bikers Zaldostanov

Путин и байкеров из клуба «Ночные волки» / Putin meets Bikers - YouTube

Old 06-28-2014, 11:04 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
I hear it all the time: "That Putin is a bully, blah, blah, blah." That's people that just heard from the media that Putin is the bad guy. Well, how about Putin enjoying the support of 80% of the Russian people? That's more than Bush ever enjoyed at the height of the Iraqi war.

Unlike Iraq though Russians are familiar with Ukraine, which proves my point that they know their reasons.
The exact same way you can oppose the communists and not oppose the Russian people.

80%?? Are you serious? Don't try and tell me that if a Democrat ever got 80% here you wouldn't be screaming voter fraud. We're talking about a dictator here, who the hell do you think is going to win?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:14 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:

You ASSUME people believe the corporate controlled msm. YOU are quite wrong.

You people have a difficult time with psychology and nuance don't you?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies