Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
BUT THE FRIGGING SLIME WHO SHOWED UP DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE MINORS!!!
Right, but the people were actually adults.

C'mon, this isn't a difficult concept.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I have kids of my own and I'm not "one of those creeps", but part of me wants to see holier than though Chris Hansen caught in some sort of sting himself. THAT I would watch on TV.

I don't see what is enjoyable about watching sick people's lives destroyed on television....there's nothing positive out of it at all...the only peoiple who would enjoy watching this are losers enjoying seeing someone who's now worse off than them. The whole idea of it is revolting from top to bottom. I have to see sick perverts going looking for underage sex, and I have to see arrogant cops getting a kick out of baiting people, and I have to see a holier than thou d-bag reporter making a career out of the lot of it.

-wretch-

Very well said.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM

854 posts, read 1,482,152 times
I actually don't agree with the sex offender registry. I think it's unconstitutional and recent studies have suggested they aren't necessarily more likely to reoffend than other criminals. I think putting a "scarlet letter" on the makes them more likely to reoffend too, since being rejected by society would make offenders care less about offending again. Worst of all you're putting people who peed in a bush because they couldn't find a bathroom in the same category as someone who raped 8 women.

If people feel like a person is beyond redemption they might as well just throw them in prison for life because being a registered sex offender is life ruining anyway.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
I do not watch this show
but I do know about it and it helps to bring awareness of how pervasive it is for these scum
to cruise the Internet for sex with minors
I happen to be a survivor of sexual abuse and I think any way that it can bring attention or to stop
some of these ******* it should be done
if you have kids I would think to would be just as outraged as the rest of us but no
not you, you seem to want to look the other way or make excuses for these POS
of blame the show
I find that deplorable!!!
NO one is "baiting" these shi* heads!!! THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SEX WITH KIDS
what part of that do you not get!! You act like they are totally innocent and "somehow" they got TRICKED
into driving some of them for hours and sow up with booze and condoms a lot of them sent pictures of their penis
and you feel sorry for them!!!!
WHO IS FORCING YOU TO WATCH????
Then I am sorry to say, as a matter of public policy, people who are emotionally involved should not have any input in this whatsoever. If that was the case, then everybody's head would be lobbed off for every single offense. Emotional knee-jerking ALWAYS causes the worst laws to come out, and we'd return to a society based on an eye for an eye. No thank you, this is 2014 AD, not 2014 BC

Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I do not watch this show
but I do know about it and it helps to bring awareness of how pervasive it is for these scum
to cruise the Internet for sex with minors
I happen to be a survivor of sexual abuse and I think any way that it can bring attention or to stop
some of these ******* it should be done
if you have kids I would think to would be just as outraged as the rest of us but no
not you, you seem to want to look the other way or make excuses for these POS
of blame the show
I find that deplorable!!!
NO one is "baiting" these shi* heads!!! THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SEX WITH KIDS
what part of that do you not get!! You act like they are totally innocent and "somehow" they got TRICKED
into driving some of them for hours and sow up with booze and condoms a lot of them sent pictures of their penis
and you feel sorry for them!!!!
WHO IS FORCING YOU TO WATCH????
Think.

How many 12 or 13 year olds do you think are agreeing to meet adults and engage in sexual acts?

If there are kids actually doing this, why aren't parents monitoring their children's online activity?

Harrier thinks that the Perverted Justice people are perverted to spend their time online baiting people, and that cops are just looking for new ways to justify budget increases.

No one is asking the question of whether these entrapment nets are solving an actual problem - and people who don't think rationally about what is occurring end up with thoughts like your own, and express the wish to destroy someone when no actual harm was done to anyone.

Lunacy.

Last edited by Harrier; 04-22-2014 at 08:34 PM..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Think.

How many 12 or 13 year olds do you think are agreeing to meet adults and engage in sexual acts?

If there are kids actually doing this, why aren't parents monitoring their children's online activity?

Harrier thinks that the Perverted Justice people are perverted to spend their time online baiting people, and that cops are just looking for new ways to justify budget increases.

No one is asking the question of whether these entrapment nets are solving an actual problem - and people who don't think rationally about what is occurring end up with thoughts like your own, and express the wish to destroy someone when no actual harm was done to anyone.

Lunacy.
It's not a big of a problem that the media makes it out to be. I mean, come on, every suburbanite mom is so scared of letting Little Johnny and Susie go outside and play because the big, scary man with square framed glasses and hippy long hair in the ice cream van is going to take them away, all of them! Shows like these breed fear into people that will, most likely, never ever go through this. Besides, isn't most sexual abuse perpetrated by people who you suspect the least, your family?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:38 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
These guys on "to catch a predator" never were gonna actually do anything. They just got curious and wanted to check out the house they were invited to because they made some sexual comment and the decoy said

"Ok can you come Saturday?"

So it's really harsh he was likely not gonna even do anything but visit and say hi to the teenage kid...not do anything to harm the kid

And the intentions could be 99% non-sexual and 1% sexual and poor guy gets worst luck with the sting operation

Plain & simple Bullsh^t!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
We are discussing age, not offering sex for money.

In TCAP, no one involved was under the age of 18 - and the crime is arranging to have sex with a minor.

Without the involvement of a minor, no crime has been committed.

Perverted Justice practices entrapment.

what is perverted are these creeps as well as the ones who makes excuses for them
as many as showed up on this show there were thousands that did not and are abusing children as we speak!!! to try and put the blame ANY where else besides where it belongs, this bastards showing up because they were there to have sex and they thought it was with under age kids
of course they had to use people POSING as under 18 and these people are TRAINED to do just what they were doing!!!
I am glad they got the few they have, but it is not even a drop in the bucket!!!
this whole attitude that some how theses vile POS are innocent is more than disgusting!!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
We are discussing age, not offering sex for money.

In TCAP, no one involved was under the age of 18 - and the crime is arranging to have sex with a minor.

Without the involvement of a minor, no crime has been committed.

Perverted Justice practices entrapment.
When they send a picture of their dicks to a minor.....that is enough.

If it is not a minor that opens the e-mail is irrelevant.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Default So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
People who did hardly anything other than lose judgment on the internet and say some dirty things,

Then got lured in and invited over to an underage decoy home who wasn't really underage

By perverted justice and this mr. Perfect Chris Hansen dateline NBC and colluding this with local police

Got people on national TV and felony record and life and career ruined when they didn't actually harm a single underage person

How is this making the nation safer? Why not help these lost souls instead of ruining them for life so they can't even change for the better?

It's this
"I'm Chris Hansen with dateline nbc, why don't you have a seat over there and get comfortable. What were your plans for today??? Do you ever watch television? Well....there's something I need to tell you ...it's that I'm Chris hansen with dateline nbc and we're doing a story on adults who meet teens online ....ts called to catch a predator....

Now if there's anything else you would like to tell us...we'd like to hear it...if not ...you're free to go ......"

He steps outside "police!!! Get down on the ground ....! Booked ...fingerprinted ...questioned...put behind bars...bail set at 50,000 cash ...kind of harsh "

It's cruel and misses the entire boat of how we prevent real kids from harm...and Makes it look like the families and the suspect are purely evil and misstates their lifelong contributions to society
So...the ones that brought wine and condoms they should totally be given a free pass???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies