Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM

878 posts, read 737,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wrong.

"To date there has been evidence presented leading to speculation that documents have been forged and other documents do not exist. That alone, though, is not sufficient evidence to present to a grand jury and actually have a reasonable likelihood of conviction."

- bill montgomery, maricopa county DA

insufficient speculation does not equal "100% proof".

Bill Montgomery Entertains "Birther" Over Joe Arpaio's Probe of Obama's Birth Certificate | Phoenix New Times
You keep throwing up Montgomery. It was only his opinion and he wanted more evidence in order to proceed further. Montgomery is not trained in law enforcement investigations or forgeries. What Arpaio needed at the time was proof of who actually did the forgery. If he had it then Montgomery would have had a different tune. Never the less, that was over a year ago since that statement and we have no idea since then what the Maricopa County full time detectives, that Arpaio recently assigned several months back, have been investigating that the birth certificate leads led them to. They have been silent on the new criminal matter of what evidence they have uncovered due to the new leads provided and that is a good thing if you ask me. Oh, and the reason Lt. Brandon Jones came back and told that blogger from ArizonaPolitics (after being asked questions about the investigation) what he said was to shut him down from asking any more questions.

Last edited by Britt Reid; 04-18-2014 at 10:04 AM..

Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Send in the clowns. Don't bother, Britt is here*.

*(With apologies to Stephen Sondheim and to Judy Collins, who recorded the best version by far.)

I agree with you ... Judy Collins owns that song! However, to be fair, Babs Streisand's rendition wasn't bad.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I will take Hawaii's official records over some nut job backwater sheriff that was suppose to have ground breaking news last month about Obama's birth certificate and then never releasing any ground breaking news.
It was supposed to be UNIVERSE SHATTERING !!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Have you ever been to a Presidential library? Me, neither. I really don't care that he has one or what's in it or where it is going to be built just like I don't care about any other Presidential library. If his fans want to donate, let them.
I have been to two: FDR's in Hyde Park, NY and James Buchanan's in Lancaster, PA.

In the case of Buchanan, presidents didn't have presidential libraries back in the 19th Century ... it wasn't until more than a century after he died they started collecting his papers and personal artifacts to create a kind of museum exhibit and archives. In Buchanan's case most of his personal papers were burned ... especialy letters to William Rufus Devane King, the man with whom Buchanan had a relationship with. They were known in Washington as Miss Nancy and Aunt Fancy. Andrew Jackson described the pair as "the happiest married couple in Washington."

Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
If Arpaio was some nut job backwater sheriff then how do you account that he has been elected for a unprecedented six times?
Because the yokels in fly-over country love their blustering nutjobs.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Hmmm, I wasn't aware that people allowed to give to presidential libraries had to be US taxpayers. Who knew?

Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I do, but when someone says US taxpayers, that typically implies everyone in the US and not just people in one state.... It is a tactic to make something sound bigger than it is.
Precisely. It sure seems like the previous poster meant to try to rationalize deception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Another five years ought to do it. I guarantee Obama will be out of office by then. Big birther victory!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure that there will be some racists or right-wingers still working twenty years from now to try to corrupt text books and such to try to wipe away the presidency of a POTUS that made things a little better for folks that the racists and right-wingers hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because the yokels in fly-over country love their blustering nutjobs.
Good point. The fact that the guy has never been elected by anyone other than his local neighbors is very telling - at least he was smart enough to not pursue a state-wide position with more responsibility than he'd have been able to gain support to be offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Talk about Obama derangement syndrome. Day after day of raving thread/posts about how evil Obama is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I beginning to think the Obama-haters do not have any kind of life. They are angry bitter losers.
I know, this NEVER happened with Bush. Never ever!

And we don't have people here with Conservative Derangement Syndrome either... you know, posters who wail about the "evil right wingers" in almost every single post.

But hey, at least Obama has the entertainment industry/Hollywood on his side, a creepy cult following, and can use the race card against anyone who disagrees. So he's much better set up than Bush!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies