Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 AM

256 posts, read 207,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Considering how deeply opposed conservatives are to gay rights, aren't they going to side with the Muslims on this matter?
Yeah, but they hate Muslims too, probably even more than they hate gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the liberals will gave them a free pass, but heaven help the baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay couple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roughly 25 Muslim drivers dispatched to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are refusing to drive cabs adorned with advertising for the region’s upcoming Gay Games, citing religious reasons.

Two of the three companies operating at Ohio's largest airport were informed by the drivers — one-third of the airport’s total fleet — last week that they will no longer participate in the airport’s dedicated taxicab program. The companies, Ace and Yellow Taxi Cab, were told by the drivers that their decision was based on religious reasons, airport spokeswoman Jacqueline Mayo told FoxNews.com.

Ann Gynn, a spokeswoman for the Gay Games, said she believes the protest is an “isolated” case and not indicative of the beliefs held by most residents in Cleveland and Akron, where the Gay Games will be held on Aug. 9-16.

Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising | Fox News
Why on earth would I give them a free pass? Fundamentalist adherence to any Bronze Age deities is beyond ridiculous.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:20 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
My response is that the idea of a "Gay Games" is ridiculous.
Taken directly from the article:

"Launched in San Francisco in 1982, the Gay Games are open to anyone aged 18 or older. Tom Waddell, a gay athlete who could not be open about his sexual orientation when he competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, sought to create an event where people could compete and be open regarding their sexuality."

Once again, conservatives brought this on themselves.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:20 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why on earth would I give them a free pass? Fundamentalist adherence to any Bronze Age deities is beyond ridiculous.
This isn't the Bronze Age.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,311,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
My response is that the idea of a "Gay Games" is ridiculous.
Haha, yep. That's all that this conservative has to say about it. The "Gay Games" sounds like something from a bad sketch comedy show. One made by eighth graders.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:46 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
remember the movie, "revenge of the nerd" with the gay javen thrower

Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
You know and I know that those cabbies are statistically FAAARRR more likely to be Democrats..and have a love for Obama. Additionally, they share the same political party with the gays who they refused to take. Your ideology is similiar to theirs' in that you belong to the same political party. You are all screwed up you don't even know what you believe. Most conservatives I know value hard work and for one, would never turn down a paying customer as long as that customer wasn't disrespectful. You choose to not deal in reality, so lets blame the right.
I suppose that proves that political party isn't all it's cracked up to be as a barometer of "ideology." This should not be a bit surprising since there are effectively only two choices when it comes to party i.d.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
You know and I know that those cabbies are statistically FAAARRR more likely to be Democrats..and have a love for Obama. Additionally, they share the same political party with the gays who they refused to take. Your ideology is similiar to theirs' in that you belong to the same political party. You are all screwed up you don't even know what you believe. Most conservatives I know value hard work and for one, would never turn down a paying customer as long as that customer wasn't disrespectful. You choose to not deal in reality, so lets blame the right.
Well, that's odd.....
I work with a lot of Muslims who loathe Obama.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:09 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Taken directly from the article:

"Launched in San Francisco in 1982, the Gay Games are open to anyone aged 18 or older. Tom Waddell, a gay athlete who could not be open about his sexual orientation when he competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, sought to create an event where people could compete and be open regarding their sexuality."

Once again, conservatives brought this on themselves.
Seriously, why does someone feel to need to announce who they are?

Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the liberals will gave them a free pass, but heaven help the baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay couple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roughly 25 Muslim drivers dispatched to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are refusing to drive cabs adorned with advertising for the region’s upcoming Gay Games, citing religious reasons.

Two of the three companies operating at Ohio's largest airport were informed by the drivers — one-third of the airport’s total fleet — last week that they will no longer participate in the airport’s dedicated taxicab program. The companies, Ace and Yellow Taxi Cab, were told by the drivers that their decision was based on religious reasons, airport spokeswoman Jacqueline Mayo told FoxNews.com.

Ann Gynn, a spokeswoman for the Gay Games, said she believes the protest is an “isolated” case and not indicative of the beliefs held by most residents in Cleveland and Akron, where the Gay Games will be held on Aug. 9-16.

Muslim drivers at Cleveland airport refuse to drive cabs with Gay Games advertising | Fox News
Tell them to update their resume's if they don't like the policy. It's a free world, right??? People have the right to choose where they work, if they aren't down with the company's policies or standards of ethics that they adhere to they can look for work somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies