Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Hehe. The Obama haters are as usual confusing Obama with George W Bush.

It was after all the Bush white house who banned Christmas and many other supposed anti-Christian things you blame Obama for.

snopes.com: White House Ban on 'Christmas' Trees

Bush and Enron were big friends of the Taliban when they came to Texas to meet with Bush and Enron officials.
Ah using conspiracy theories to fight conspiracy theories. Here's mine for you and read this closely, think about it and read it again.

The REAL conspiracy theory is that there are NO conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM

947 posts, read 1,463,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Too bad the Ukranians are not Muslim extremists. Then Obama would feel more "comfortable" supplying them with weapons. White Christians are not high on the priority list for Obama.
Hilarious that it was Republicans who supplied Muslim extremists with weapons in Syria and elsewhere.

Dear old Ronald Reagan was a huge fan of the Taliban and equipped them with a lot of weapons.

You do know right that Crimea has the vast majority of Muslim communities and Muslims in the Ukraine. This is the part that Russia is they claim they have the right to.

The UN and the majority of countries btw has refused to accept that Russia has any claim to Crimea.

Besides the Orthodox Christians aren't considered Christians by Americans anyway.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please don't try to present reality to the lunatic fringe.

They'll hate you for it.
No, Obama is in some alternate reality; completely disconnected from present reality

Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Faux Snooze link Pigs can fly is more believable
Did you see any?

I didn't think so.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
You can't vote, can you? Last time I checked Canadians didn't have a vote here. Funny how many seem to have opinions about things foreign to them.

So what are your opinions on Ukraine? How about Syria?

Cat

Old 04-21-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

Cat
We arm terrorists and not those trying to keep their country from a despot.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,314 times
Quote:
Cat
Let them fight amongst themselves. We have no business getting involved in foreign disputes, especially when the EU and NATO is sitting on their hands.

What does my opinion about us getting involved in foreign wars have to do with weltschmerz injecting her opinion about US political affairs?

Old 04-21-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Let them fight amongst themselves. We have no business getting involved in foreign disputes, especially when the EU and NATO is sitting on their hands.

What does my opinion about us getting involved in foreign wars have to do with weltschmerz injecting her opinion about US political affairs?

My point is why is it ok for us to discuss foreign matters when it is not ok for Weltschmerz to discuss it? I have learned that many people outside the U.S. know MORE of what is going on inside the U.S. than people who live here. And freedom of speech works for ALL-inside the U.S. as well as outside.

Cat

Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,314 times
Quote:
My point is why is it ok for us to discuss foreign matters when it is not ok for Weltschmerz to discuss it? I have learned that many people outside the U.S. know MORE of what is going on inside the U.S. than people who live here. And freedom of speech works for ALL-inside the U.S. as well as outside.

Cat
See, that's the leap you made. We are discussing OUR involvement in foreign matters. These are matters that affect US citizens.

She (weltschmerz) is injecting her opinion, quite rudely much of the time, in politics that do not affect her. She isn't simply throwing out an educated opinion, she is bashing much of the time. I think foreign opinion is great, but not when it turns confrontational for the sake of instigating further divide.

If I was in the Canada forums and started injecting my opinion about their politics, and bashing one side or the other constantly, you'd have a point.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
See, that's the leap you made. We are discussing OUR involvement in foreign matters. These are matters that affect US citizens.

She (weltschmerz) is injecting her opinion, quite rudely much of the time, in politics that do not affect her. She isn't simply throwing out an educated opinion, she is bashing much of the time. I think foreign opinion is great, but not when it turns confrontational for the sake of instigating further divide.

If I was in the Canada forums and started injecting my opinion about their politics, and bashing one side or the other constantly, you'd have a point.

The last time I checked, this was a free board where ANYONE can express their opinion.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies