Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why do you so willingly accept the propagandized misappropriation of the term, then? Why so quick to be manipulated? Liberal used to mean freedom. It has since been propagandized into meaning big government, forced obligations placed upon some for the benefit of others, and greater government control.
LOL. Oh mi lord.....

I give up. No amount of repetition will penetrate a closed mind. I'll just call you a liberal going forward.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, what can I say. If you think having to obey laws makes you a slave, then so be it.
You misunderstand. The problem is that some are expected to obey laws and others aren't. The laws don't apply to all. Just like federal income tax slavery and other forced obligations forms of slavery only apply to some, not all.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
LOL. Oh mi lord.....

I give up. No amount of repetition will penetrate a closed mind. I'll just call you a liberal going forward.
The closed mind is yours. Liberal never meant what you think it does until it was misappropriated and propagandized. Simple fact.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You misunderstand. The problem is that some are expected to obey laws and others aren't. The laws don't apply to all. Just like federal income tax slavery and other forced obligations forms of slavery only apply to some, not all.
You said obligations make you into a slave, now you are talking about something entirely different. Is this some kind of liberal deflection?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Truly, you astound me.
I doubt that. I suspect your feigned naivete is just more nonsense.

Quote:
I have yet to meet another human being who argues that utilizing logic is bad.
The fact that you deliberately blind yourself to what I actually wrote, and instead deceive yourself into thinking that this is what I wrote, makes clear that you're intent on not replying with integrity.

Quote:
My hope is that you'll step back, remove the emotion from your statements, and actually think about what you're saying.
I actually have. My comments represent a healthy balance of what's logical and what's morally right. I hope you eventually come around to a more balanced, healthier way of thinking.

Quote:
As to the post I quoted - just look at what I quoted. You can clearly see I quoted you before you edited it.
You do realize that the system will mark comments as edited if they're edited more than a few minutes after they're posted. So either you're just being silly (likely) or you're trying to make excuses for posting a knee-jerk reaction to what I posted.

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Not really. When I vote Democrat, I am saying that I have no interest in going back to 1950's social policy while making big business our pimps.
Sounds like Obama has you totally hoodwinked. The Dems love Big Business just like the Reps.

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
In what election? Gary Johnson for president.

Yep.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You said obligations make you into a slave, now you are talking about something entirely different.
You were the one who brought up the topic of obeying laws as a form of slavery. I correctly pointed out that laws are not expected to be obeyed by all, asking how many illegal aliens are currently present in our country. Laws enslave some, not all. Just like federal income tax slavery and other forms of obligations slavery in this country affect some, but not all.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Do you support ACA? Universal Healthcare is a classic example of something social liberals would support, but it is also a classic example of something fiscal conservative would oppose. How can one person be both a fiscal conservative, and a social liberal? It seems many within the GOP are trying to be both in order to attract more independent vote, but I think they are eroding the conservative foundation their party is built upon.
Universal health care is more fiscally conservative than our previous health care system. So much for that argument.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I will vote based on the people that run and if there ideas are not to my liking they do not get my vote.
Unfortunately, as time goes on, the relationship between the ideas people have and what ends up happening under their leadership has become smaller and smaller, to the extent now, especially for Members of Congress, the relationship is practically non-existent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies