Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My experience with the healthcare system has definitely degraded compared to last year, and I place all the blame on Obamacare. Here is what I experienced when I went to see my doctor for a few issues:

Copay had jumped from $25 to $35.

I go into the exam room, and the nurse wants detailed explanation of my problem. When I told her that I had more than one issue, she said, "Oh, I don't know if he will have time to talk to you about that. You are scheduled for only 10 minutes".

Wow, is there any other profession that makes $35 bucks for only 10 minutes? I miss the days when a doctor was willing to talk about all my problems and discuss a game plan instead of being rushed in and out like cattle. Ten minutes isn't enough time to do a good examination, but this is the future under Obamacare, and it will only get worse.

Thankfully, the doctor did take a bit more time to discuss a new way to treat my cholesterol since my insurance plan would stop covering all cholesterol name brand and generic drugs on May 1st. I can thank Obamacare for that one too.
Comrade, great things on the horizon regarding Dear Leaders signature free healthcare for everyone!

As just one example Georgia insurers received more than 220,000 applications for health coverage in the Affordable Care Act’s exchange as of the official federal deadline of March 31, state officials said Wednesday.

Think of it, 220,000 new applications it is total victory for free gimmedats everywhere!

Quote:
Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens, though, said premiums have been received for only 107,581 of those policies, which cover 149,465 people.

“Many Georgians completed the application process by the deadline, but have yet to pay for the coverage,” Hudgens said in a statement Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 08:52 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I used to have all my exams done in one visit.

No more.

And it has everything to do with Obamacare.
There was an eclipse of the moon last week... Damn that Obamacare!!!!!

Old 04-21-2014, 08:57 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
There was an eclipse of the moon last week... Damn that Obamacare!!!!!
Typical lib mockery. Just can't face reality that Obamacare is bad, really bad for our country.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So you're upset that the old system.... which gave you more time only because some people out there never got ANY time.... is "going away"?

And you're even more sad because tons of people who never had ANY time with a doctor will now cut into YOUR time even more? Poor guy. I guess we should feel sorry for YOU, huh?
Translation: "Poor service for all is superior to good service for most."

да, товарищ?

Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Office visits level 2's (out of 5) CPT 99212 established office visits are allocated an average 10 minutes of patient time by insurance and CMS for efficentcy, this has been so since at least 2003. This has nothing to do with Obamacare.

If you want to be taken seriously stop making **** up.
Then why did I get 15 minutes or more in previous years with my doctor, even last year? Obamcare pumps a lot more patients into the system while making it quite unattractive for a doctor to stay in family practice. More patients and less doctors. What will it look like in 5 years? Waiting 2 months to see your doc for 5 minutes? What good is healthcare at all if the quality is poor to none?

Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Then why did I get 15 minutes or more in previous years with my doctor, even last year? Obamcare pumps a lot more patients into the system while making it quite unattractive for a doctor to stay in family practice. More patients and less doctors. What will it look like in 5 years? Waiting 2 months to see your doc for 5 minutes? What good is healthcare at all if the quality is poor to none?
Ignore him. He is an Obamabot.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Translation: "Poor service for all is superior to good service for most."

да, товарищ?

Is the service poor? Sounds to me like whining.

BTW: If there's a doctor shortage, the solution is more doctors. Not less people getting healthcare so OP can have more time with his doctor telling him to eat better foods to keep his cholesterol down.

We forget that there are countries out there with far better healthcare delivery systems and outcomes than ours.

Most people in this country, on private insurance or not, will never get the gold plated service and healthcare available to the wealthy.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:

What's your evidence that your doctor has seen an increase in patients due to "Obamacare" (which, again, is just more people having private insurance)?

In a perfect world, everyone would be responsible and buy private insurance. So under a perfect world scenario, your doctor would STILL find himself with more patients to see.

It's like complaining you have less to eat this year than last because people who normally would starve now have the means to buy some bread. The solution is to grow more food, not whine that some people can now eat.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:09 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Family practice has been less attractive than other specialties for quite some time. Are you on Medicare or Medicaid? I ask because Dr's are shying away from those patients due to low reimbursement rates.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Is the service poor? Sounds to me like whining.
When the service is cut by 1/3, and the cost has gone up substantially, it's not whining. It's a legitimate complaint.

Would you just be "whining" if your internet provider cut your speed by 1/3 and doubled your price, and you said something about it?

Quote:
BTW: If there's a doctor shortage, the solution is more doctors.
That's an interesting statement. Let's look at it more closely.

To become a doctor, one must attend school for what, at least six years? Eight? More? And it's expensive school, not your local community college. Then comes a residency for a number of years. Finally, after at least a decade and after you've paid all your dues, you can start your own practice.

That's a lot of expense and work, just to start a business. Traditionally, doctors went through all of this because the end result is a good paying career. If the high salary were to be taken out, the motivation to go through all that effort and expense would also be removed.

I'm out of time, so I'm going to leave it at that. THINK about things, for goodness sake. Doctors are being paid less and less by the various government programs, while those programs are expanded more and more. Why should they stay in the health care business, and what incentive do new students have to follow that career path?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies