Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:30 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I wish more Libertarians would grow a pair and vote for their third party, instead of moaning how conservatives aren't more like them...then voting for the GOP anyways. They just pay lip service to the Libertarian contingent to pander for more votes, and lip service so they don't stray too far, then do what they want. It makes Libertarians look like stupid boot lickers that don't have the nuts to get what they really want.
You only wish that because it would insure that a Republican would never be elected again. You're wishing for a fractured conservative base.

We have a few Libertarians with an R, yet none with a D Strange since Libertarians are the truly tolerant ones, and apparently more socially liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Thats because any GOP voter who says they are libertarian have no clue what libertarianism really means.
They fear the unknown. Seriously , can you see some old white male from mississippi voting Libertarian?

They would be scared to death if a Libertarian were ever close to winning.
I can't begin to explain how foolish that logic is.

Has anyone else noticed that children seem to have taken over CD in recent months?

Old 04-22-2014, 12:34 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
It isn't that we allow it, it's that the game has been rigged and we still believe our vote counts.

The parties are two sides of the same coin. Heads they win, tails we lose.
Indeed!

Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
WHY are we increasing our spending on defense? Who the heck is going to attack us? OK OK I understand we were attacked on 9/11 and I believe, at least initially, that we gave a valid response: overthrowing the Taliban. But what sovereign nation is going to attack us that warrants billions in more defense spending?

VThokiefan gives Ryan's budget an F. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. CUT THE CRAP, GOP.
Well , you sure are lax on details as to WHY you don''t like his budget proposal.

I an SURE there are MORE items other then defense.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:44 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that children seem to have taken over CD in recent months?
Please do not try to convince me the GOP in anyway has promoted libertarian principals in the last 5 decades.

The GOP is about as libertarian as Genghis Khan.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:45 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:

Yes! There are many MORE uninformed, immature, IE. name calling, posters these days.

They whine and cry when one party does something and have NO idea the other party has been guilty of doing the same things far MORE then the party they are whining and crying about.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:55 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Yes! There are many MORE uninformed, immature, IE. name calling, posters these days.

They whine and cry when one party does something and have NO idea the other party has been guilty of doing the same things far MORE then the party they are whining and crying about.
If you can point out the name calling go ahead but you will not find it in my posts.

and I stand by the assertion that very few if any Southern/ Middle American Evangelical Republicans would accept libertarianism if they truly knew what it means.

They think libertarianism is the term Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann hijacked for their political gains.

They are all a bunch of phonies.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by surfman

Quote:
Please do not try to convince me the GOP in anyway has promoted libertarian principals in the last 5 decades.

The GOP is about as libertarian as Genghis Khan.
See how disconnected this person is from the conversation? If he was actually interested in more than making his point, he would known that I already separated us Libertarians from the GOP. The only thing the GOP is, for us, is a stepping stone toward a viable third party.

If the Democrats were actually tolerant, and socially liberal rather than repressive, maybe that's where we would have started.

The GOP is about as libertarian as Genghis Khan, and the DNC is about as tolerant as Stalin.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:43 PM

159 posts, read 125,242 times
Quote:
Well the point of Social Security was misplaced. Those who can afford to contribute should do so on their own. SS should be a subsidy for those who need it.
The obvious question is why would you then keep the name if SS was built on the exact opposite principles of what you want it to be. If I don't like football, I play baseball. I don't tell people dressed like football players to play baseball.

Why not end SS, and create a program that is 'a subsidy for those who need it' - wait we already have that.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheEconomist View Post
The whole point of Social Security is that it is a contributory benefit system, not a welfare program.
Wrong.

And any economis worth $1 would know thats flat out wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies