Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I can assure you if it comes to it active and vets will take them on and win...Will we lose a few people yeah, but the idea of being disarmed and taken to a death camp is not in the cards, when you are disarmed you die, history proves this fact..Stay armed and fight you have a chance...

Leftist have the highest body count out of any ideology. We are very wise to not trust them...They always misuse their power for evil...

No ChrisC It is our time a time for liberty, freedom and prosperity, all we must do it processed forward, take offices, win elections, if they want to use force, if they want to expose to the rest of the nation for what we so clearly see them as, fine we will not fire the first shot, but we are more then willing to fire the last...

WE OUT NUMBER THEM HUNDREDS TO ONE, REMEMBER THIS..
I think Chris has good insights into the possibilities, and they should be considered. Seeing the way the agencies are used against people who have different political views is a sign that they are willing to use more pressure as needed. However, I like the positive view that you hold -- the view that it is time for liberty and prosperity to rise again. We are at a time when we may see the Pareto Principle in action in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are insane thinking all gun owners and veterans are willing to murder fellow citizens to enforce your political views.
Veterans have fought for freedom, it's in their heart and soul, it runs in their veins...you don't think they'll continue to fight for it if they really have to? It's their freedom, too. They have seen what oppressive regimes have done overseas. Do you think they'll sit by silently while it happens here?

If it came to that (and I don't think it will), I believe they won't be silent. The government is very afraid of the stuff our vets are made of, and this may be why those on the left have already been trying to poison the people against them by calling them "domestic terrorists". This appears to be laying the ground for future action against them (and others, such as cattleman Bundy).

Napolitano stands by controversial report - Washington Times

We can change it for the better at the polls, if we all turn out! The vote is a powerful thing.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And how is allowing the ultra rich, essentially free reign in this country, going to solve anything? With little government regulation to stop them, they will continue to import more and more foreign workers, reducing our standard of living to Mexican standards. Is that what you really want? Because, that is the endgame you are unknowingly advocating for

Ummm.. the ultra rich already own the country, and your government, both sides of the aisle get bribed, and all sorts of kick backs. Furthermore, if we do away with all of the freebies for illegal immigrants, they no longer have an incentive to come here for a free ride. I also advocate for cracking down on businesses hiring illegals.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Veterans have fought for freedom, it's in their heart and soul, it runs in their veins...you don't think they'll continue to fight for it if they really have to? It's their freedom, too. They have seen what oppressive regimes have done overseas. Do you think they'll sit by silently while it happens here?
The whole point is that there is no need to murder anyone. 99% of Americans do not agree with your view that we live in tyranny, and it is time to start murdering fellow citizens. Most of us still believe in democracy, and solutions other than murder. If you start shooting, the very people you think will support you will stop you.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:19 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
I've been saying for years that it started with Reagan and maybe even before that, this plan to make America into a nation of 1 billion mostly poor and uneducated peasants with the top 1% living in gated off communities.

And people on this forum still rip unions, it's beyond me that mentality.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:42 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Anyone who wants to "start a civil war" won't be missed. If you take up arms against the government, you should suffer the consequences. Just because insurrectionists want to overthrow the government and install something akin to what Russia has with Putin (imagine a rightwing hero like George Walker Bush being elected for life) does not mean a vast majority of Americans will care when you die. Because we won't.

You want to commit treason, it's a free country. You want to start a shooting war, it's a free country. Don't cry when you have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

The good news is that pot bellied rednecks will scatter like rabbits at the first shot, so casualties will be light.
Spoken just like a good career SS man. How many of the millions who died in death camps because of differing religious and political veiws, and ethnicity, committed treason? Treason certainly was an initial excuse for the concentration camps, but it ended up being simply a case of looking at an elite the wrong way and soon just a differing belief, or even a whim.

At some point it is not going to take committing treason. It is simply going to take a differing philosophy.

You should care when ANYONE dies (or is shut down) for no other reason than a political or moral belief. Even if you don't give a damn about anyone besides yourself, you should care for no other reason than you may be next.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:59 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
Quote:
Your road to success begins when you stop looking at politicians to take you there, and start paving your own way.

This thread is about the coming inevitable economic collapse of this country, when the middle class is no longer able to find work and feed their families. The cause of this is the shipping of jobs overseas and the importation of huge numbers of legal immigrants and illegal aliens.

The golden years of the american worker were during the heart of a very long period of an immigration "time-out", from 1925 to 1965. There was little or no immigration into the US during that time period, and it was the corporate bastards who pressed the federal government into allowing substantial immigration again.

The country is also no longer a democracy, as my initial post pointed to a study that the country is now an oligarchy, and every vote in congress has been to pass legislation favoring large corporate interests anathema to the public good.

America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds - Washington Times:

" In the study, “Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups and Average Citizens,” researchers compared 1,800 different U.S. policies that were put in place by politicians between 1981 and 2002 to the type of policies preferred by the average and wealthy American, or special interest groups. Researchers then concluded that U.S. policies are formed more by special interest groups than by politicians properly representing the will of the general people, including the lower-income class."

To claim in 2014 that "one needs to just pull themselves up by their boot straps and work hard to get ahead" is simply ludicrous nonsense and a corporate talking point, not reality.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-23-2014 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
To claim in 2014 that "one needs to just pull themselves up by their boot straps and work hard to get ahead" is simply ludicrous nonsense and a corporate talking point, not reality.
It worked for me, and for a lot of people I know. As a matter of fact it works for just about everyone who tries.

PS The topic is a need for a civil war, and THAT is ludicrous nonsense.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM

924 posts, read 667,169 times
Quote:
It worked for me, and for a lot of people I know. As a matter of fact it works for just about everyone who tries.

PS The topic is a need for a civil war, and THAT is ludicrous nonsense.
It worked for you yesterday?

Or decades ago?

Face the fact that things are different.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
These last 2 posts couldn't have missed the point any more.

It shows how people will read their own agenda into virtually anything. The myopy of some people on this forum is breathtaking.

"Yeah, what the OP said, it's about guns!!"

"yeah, what the OP said, it's about people in California and NY.."

WTF did you people just read?
they didn't read... they just weave their agenda into the post title

Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
It worked for you yesterday?

Or decades ago?

Face the fact that things are different.
I know it will still work.....I have never saw how working for others will do anything but make money for them.

You have to roll the dice for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies