Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 03:32 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,763,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Libertarian ideology is one of the most flawed and vindictive ones out there. Pretty much a dog eat dog free running capitalist enterprise where only the strong survive, damned to the rest, and damned to fairness.
Like evolution, in which leftists "claim" to believe. ...Until it comes to real life.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,155,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
no there will not be a civil war... gun toting conservatives are not going to rebel and start a war because obamacare is taking away their freedom or bankrupting the nation.. if they do try something I'll use my guns and take the side of the US government and defend us being a united nation... we are better off united except in extreme circumstances which are nowhere close to happening as of 2014. I see no need to rebel against the government and would support swift action to take down any fringe group that would try.. at this point at least.

Beside I can never vote republican again.. their stupid drug war, their stupid moral nazi mentality that everyone has to live a certain way or they are sinners meanwhile many of these people are and have been the biggest hypocrits who have gone out and done the drugs, slept around, etc... at least those who support personal freedom, libertarians, are honest about their behavior and human nature... end the drug war, let people live the way they wanna live if they are not harming anyone else... republicans support their version of freedom just like democrats.. that's why gridlock is good.
This is what the far right wing gun nuts don't realize would happen. They think much of America would stand on their side if they were ever to stand up and fight, but the reality is, Americans would stand up against those fringe groups that try to overthrow our country.

Good thing is that will never happen because most of the far right wing gun nuts just talk about war on the internet. They would never actually do anything about it.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:15 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
no there will not be a civil war... gun toting conservatives are not going to rebel and start a war because obamacare is taking away their freedom or bankrupting the nation.. if they do try something I'll use my guns and take the side of the US government and defend us being a united nation... we are better off united except in extreme circumstances which are nowhere close to happening as of 2014. I see no need to rebel against the government and would support swift action to take down any fringe group that would try.. at this point.
Only freaks and degenerates want a civil war. I doubt the government would need the vast majority of Americans who don't want a civil war to shoulder a weapon, but if they do, I have a lot of ammo acquired over the years for my carbine that I would grab, and if need be use, in defense of the Constitution from seditious, homegrown terrorists.

God Bless America.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:26 AM

24,835 posts, read 37,324,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is what the far right wing gun nuts don't realize would happen. They think much of America would stand on their side if they were ever to stand up and fight, but the reality is, Americans would stand up against those fringe groups that try to overthrow our country.

Good thing is that will never happen because most of the far right wing gun nuts just talk about war on the internet. They would never actually do anything about it.
I doubt people want a civil war.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I doubt people want a civil war.
Oh I am sure, which is why we will never see the keyboard commandos ever go out and start a civil war no matter how many times they create threads on here saying secession is coming and a civil war is inevitable.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,259,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Courtesy of the Obama Admin's policies. Think about that...
Yes indeed. It started in January 2009, and not a moment sooner.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,662,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I am sure, which is why we will never see the keyboard commandos ever go out and start a civil war no matter how many times they create threads on here saying secession is coming and a civil war is inevitable.
It doesn't mean they want it --- but what happens when the fast rising national debt and the absurd number of people living off the government becomes unsustainable?

If the food stamps are ever cut, if the disability check or other welfare check doesn't arrive in time? If the taxpayers can't afford to keep the fast growing number of welfare kings and queens in airconditioned comfort one day?

More and more we a country divided by those who work for what they want and those who expect everything be handed to them. It's not sustainable -- the numbers getting on welfare handouts is skyrocketing. Taxes are ridiculous -- people are getting tired of working to support the lazy in grand style while their own families go without.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It doesn't mean they want it --- but what happens when the fast rising national debt and the absurd number of people living off the government becomes unsustainable?

If the food stamps are ever cut, if the disability check or other welfare check doesn't arrive in time? If the taxpayers can't afford to keep the fast growing number of welfare kings and queens in airconditioned comfort one day?

More and more we a country divided by those who work for what they want and those who expect everything be handed to them. It's not sustainable -- the numbers getting on welfare handouts is skyrocketing. Taxes are ridiculous -- people are getting tired of working to support the lazy in grand style while their own families go without.
Keyboard commandos will just take to the internet talking about how this country needs a secession and a civil war and never actually do anything about it in the real world.

If you want to go after real welfare queens, you need to go after welfare corporations who make billions by paying little to nothing in taxes.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:16 AM

1,347 posts, read 953,721 times
It's starting; this country is a drought/disaster away from food being unaffordable to many, and if the government handouts keeping half the population fed and in check stop, things will get ugly very quickly.

The morons permeating this thread who keep spouting how an uprising is impossible are likely fat, lazy, clueless americans who have never read a foreign newspaper and have no idea what has been going on in the rest of the world. Once people can no long feed themselves or their families, they have nothing to lose and violence on a massive scale becomes inevitable, and apocalyptic - been to syria lately? How about egypt? The uprisings there have been driven, especially in syria, by drought affecting food availability.

Why Everything Costs More at the Grocery Store (and How to Beat Those High Prices)

"Economists tell us that all of this dry weather in Cali is likely to raise the price of most groceries by 2.5% to 3.5% this year -- and that's on top of inflation. What's worse, the prices of lots of other items that go into our shopping carts are expected to head upward in 2014...Milk prices -- and cheese as well, and even powdered milk -- hit record highs of their own in February, and then proceeded to climb further in March. Here again, Asia is to blame, but this time for importing away surplus milk supplies from America, pushing up the price for what's left here at home. How much will it cost you? Market analysts project whole milk at the grocery store could average $4.10 a gallon this year, up $0.60, or 17%, from 2013's average price."

Milk, cheese, chicken, etc., these are staples in most americans' diet, and the price increases vastly exceed inflation - or any wage increases most americans have received in the last ten years.

So you liberal tools/democrapts keep spouting the soothing pablum that Dear Leader Obummer continues to issue while doing nothing, as he cements his position as the worst american president, perhaps ever. No foreign policy to speak of, and a domestic one littered with one failure after another. This country is in trouble, and new, qualitative leadership is desperately needed.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's what I don't understand about the financial decisions that are being made on a national level. The debt is real and increasing by billions each day. What happens when we're $30 trillion in debt? $50 trillion in debt? $100 trillion in debt?

Nobody (so far) has ever been able to answer one question. If we continue on the financial course that we are now on, how EXACTLY do people see this story ending?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies