Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
...and most low-income women can get them for free. But yeah, listen to Lilac, it's men that are the problem (what a surprise!)...and we dare not question Lily's empowering choice to have sex that was obviously risky enough that she got pregnant. We must not point out that there are consequences to Lily's poor choices to get knocked up by a less-than-stellar prospect...nope, nope, nope. That's sloot shaming!

Wow, talk about daft. Did you not even read anything I said?

The answer is education. But let me spell it out for you: We need to concentrate on educating boys so that they have the same ability to handle life that girls grow up to have.

Okay? Boys. Educate boys. Teach boys. Help boys.

If you can't understand that simple premise, and want to infer some kind of misandry in that, then I can't help you, because it's clear you're blinded either by your own agenda or some kind of reading comprehension problem.

The rest of your post is more imagining things to suit your own zlut-shaming agenda. You do not KNOW how she got pregnant. So anything you or anyone else has to say about that is so irrelevant, it's ridiculous.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 AM

73 posts, read 87,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Being taught to accept defeat, learn from one's mistakes, and persevere despite failure is the exact OPPOSITE of ribbons-for-all. Pay attention. Read. The rest of your post is irrelevant and amounts to nothing more than you seeing things that are not there.

You mean, "amounts to something I don't have an answer for."

And no, of course we can't have education that teaches kids that there are winners and losers in life, 'cuz we can't have anybody getting their feels hurt...the direct result of feminist agendas taking over education.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 AM

540 posts, read 453,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I highly doubt people and the media bashes fathers so hard when it seems whenever a child is in trouble or does something wrong the mother is seemingly responsible for it.

So you don't think fathers have any responsibility to support their children unless married to the mother.

Your government analogy is lacking and showing the flaw in you claiming that unless married child support should not be awarded. You claim not to run to the government because the gal didn't involve it when she decided to have a child. The gal did involve the male when she decided to have a child as it took his sperm so how come she can't get child support unless she's married?
Because if you dont need the govt to acknowledge your relationship then it should not acknowledge you. For all they know you could be lying about the father. Which women do.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:

The answer is education. But let me spell it out for you: We need to concentrate on educating boys so that they have the same ability to handle life that girls grow up to have.

If you can't understand that simple premise, and want to infer some kind of misandry in that, then I can't help you, because it's clear you're blinded either by your own agenda or some kind of reading comprehension problem.
The same misandry is in this post that was in the last. Girls don't grow up to have the ability to handle life, girls/women are shielded from the consequences of their own bad choices at every turn, from cradle to grave, by government. Why do you think something like 93% of homeless people are men?

In response to your edit: yes, we do know how she got pregnant...she had sex with someone. It doesn't matter if she puked up a pill, had a drug interaction, broke a condom...having sex when you're broke is risky. So in this case, sex PERIOD was a bad choice...full stop. You don't seem to be getting that.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You mean, "amounts to something I don't have an answer for."

And no, of course we can't have education that teaches kids that there are winners and losers in life, 'cuz we can't have anybody getting their feels hurt...the direct result of feminist agendas taking over education.
It's more a matter of education in general. One that is inclusive of boys and addresses their way of learning and understanding. But overall, good education is education that teaches ALL.

You can natter on about feminism all you want, but that has nothing to do with Snowflake Syndrome being promoted in schools. All feminism did was ensure that girls were not neglected. Did the educational system come to short-shift boys in the process? Maybe. But regardless of how it happened, or why, the problem is here now, and needs to be fixed. Boys need help, big-time, and there are PLENTY of feminists, myself included, who understand that and want to call attention to it.

However, if you'd like to continue uselessly bitching and moaning instead of trying to think of solutions, be my guest. Just don't come complaining when nothing changes, because sitting there playing the blame game isn't going to solve anything.

I, however, have to get back to work. Education, life skills, and all. Have a nice day!

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:

The rest of your post is more imagining things to suit your own zlut-shaming agenda. You do not KNOW how she got pregnant. So anything you or anyone else has to say about that is so irrelevant, it's ridiculous.
Why is it a mans repsonsiblity to take care of someone elses kid?

I like alot of men refuse to date a women who already has a kid its way too many headaches and obstacles from the begining..

A single moms dating pool is gonna be reduced and its gonna be harder for her to find a suitable mate thats just how it works..

You seem to want men to learn repsonsiblity but its the same for the single mother..shes gonna have a hard time fidning somebody as opposed to a women without kids its just the way it is..

Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Why is it a mans repsonsiblity to take care of someone elses kid?

I like alot of men refuse to date a women who already has a kid its way too many headaches and obstacles from the begining..

A single moms dating pool is gonna be reduced and its gonna be harder for her to find a suitable mate thats just how it works..

You seem to want men to learn repsonsiblity but its the same for the single mother..shes gonna have a hard time fidning somebody as opposed to a women without kids its just the way it is..
OT. Way OT. The article is about him not being involved at all.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM

540 posts, read 453,304 times
Quote:
OT. Way OT. The article is about him not being involved at all.
This is actually on topic. He wasnt involved because he is a loser. Water seeks it's on level. She's a loser for seeking him. She deserves no sympathy

Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,095 times
Quote:
So what you want in response to the problem is more liberalism, more government, more "diversity" (lol), more female-centered initiatives, more participation-ribbons-for-all style education....in effect, more of everything that has caused the problem in the first place.

Boys are failing because nothing is for them anymore, it's everything for the girls...because patriarchy.
I've got kids in school...not sure where you are getting this participation ribbons for all stuff. Once you get to junior high it is pretty hardcore and the kids that are doing well are easily identified as opposed to the ones who are not.

If you are concerned about education though I'm assuming you'd consider running for school board?

In our district it is male policymakers who make decisions to reduce recess time.

And of course since education seems important to you, you've written letters to male policymakers like Arne Duncan of course. You do know who that is right?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
It's more a matter of education in general. One that is inclusive of boys and addresses their way of learning and understanding. But overall, good education is education that teaches ALL.

You can natter on about feminism all you want, but that has nothing to do with Snowflake Syndrome being promoted in schools. All feminism did was ensure that girls were not neglected. Did the educational system come to short-shift boys in the process? Maybe. But regardless of how it happened, or why, the problem is here now, and needs to be fixed. Boys need help, big-time, and there are PLENTY of feminists, myself included, who understand that and want to call attention to it.

However, if you'd like to continue uselessly bitching and moaning instead of trying to think of solutions, be my guest. Just don't come complaining when nothing changes, because sitting there playing the blame game isn't going to solve anything.

I, however, have to get back to work. Education, life skills, and all. Have a nice day!
There are no solutions. We are too far down the line of government entitlement.

Best thing to do is pull up a chair poolside, have a good seat when something happens to light the match that sets the whole thing burning.

Enjoy the decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies