Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:51 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,389,992 times

Advertisements

A surprisingly high risk of severe complications and deaths occur from colonoscopies relative to the number of cancers caught. This guy is lucky he lived to sue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,629,534 times
Now I know why the staff was giggling uncontrollably when I came out of my last one.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,769,104 times
Outpatient GI centers are very efficient (not taking about outpatient full blown surgery centers where other procedures like ortho urology gyn cases are done also). But stand a lone GI centers often lack space. The drawback is lack of locker space for patients to put their personal belongings.

So patients are asked to leave personal belongings especially high value with their loved ones who are waiting for them.

Most centers patients can check in. Wait 30 min. Than get taken back. Wait another 30 minutes while the nurses prep you get Iv started.

Than the procedure usually begins 1 hour after checking in. They put your belongings in a bag or tray and put it under the stretcher. So if you have your cell phone. The phone will go under the stretcher as well.

And this is the key. The procedure is actually done on the same stretcher you are lying on. This is unlike the operating room where you get moved to the or table.

So gi procedures are done on the stretcher (this is standard practice). So if cell phone has audio record running and it's in a bucket or bag under the stretcher. You betcha voices can be heard and that's why the lawsuit.

Now 1 million is quite a bit to ask for. That's another discussion.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:06 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,799,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And what if you forgot to turn it off?
I have no idea. But these days, there are a LOT of electronic devices in surgery rooms, I surely wouldn't want to risk it. Don't see how you'd forget though, the nurse asked.

OTOH, after a doctor does a few thousand of these procedures how much is there left to make personal jokes about? I'd imagine after 20-30 of these month after month for many years the funny part has long since gone.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 PM

38,619 posts, read 26,282,218 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I find so-called professionals making nasty comments and jokes about a patient or their anatomy unacceptable.

What if they were laughing and making nasty comments about your loved one.....your wife, your daughter, your son? Making jokes about your son's penis or your teen daughter's breasts?

Would that be OK with you?

I sure wouldn't leave a tip!

Aside from that, if you're knocked-out, who cares?

I'm sure "Wow! What's up that guy's ***?" gets thrown around by proctologist all the time.

Who care how they pass the time while looking up someone's chute?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 PM

9,130 posts, read 5,776,370 times
Somebody got made fun of while unconscious?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,989,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I sure wouldn't leave a tip!

Aside from that, if you're knocked-out, who cares?

I'm sure "Wow! What's up that guy's ***?" gets thrown around by proctologist all the time.

Who care how they pass the time while looking up someone's chute?
So, whatever is done to you as long as you are unconscious and don't know is OK?

Nope....not in my book.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,894,851 times
Quote:
Absolutely disgusting and I hope the guy gets every penny he is suing for.

And how about this?

If the patient's medical records show that this was actually done.....that doctor should lose her medical license for falsifying medical records.

People shouldn't have to worry that they are putting their health, their very lives, into the hands of doctors who have the mentality of school yard bullies.

Not only do I think the doctors should be sued, I think their license to practice medicine should be suspended for a year.

........and during their year off, they should be required to complete some kind of sensitivity training course.
Good post.......I think the doctor needs to be evaluated for mental illness. A gun up the rectum, what kind of doctor is this person, what kind of person is this doctor.

Very disturbing, hope I don't need surgery any time soon!!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,894,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Somebody got made fun of while unconscious?
He would have never know without the phone.......sounds like he gets silent revenge and the doctor with the big mouth pays.

Her mother must have never been a fan of Rabbit......"when one has nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" bet the MD remembers this the next time she speaks ill of others.

We go to get help from these people, not their trashy mouth opinions.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:48 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,629,449 times
You know I have heard workman do the same on construction sites when a good looking girl passes by.I have seen it constantly on television. Much to do about nothing that isn't done all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies