Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:13 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Oh for crying out loud. The government can't intimidate him with sending agents with guns so they will get him for not being PC. LOL
I saw this and just rolled my eyes. Label the guy a racist and all support will go away. Nobody wants to be associated with even an ACCUSED racist. Accusations are enough there. Next, someone heard he made homophobic remarks to so they can finish the job. This crap was old a long time ago.....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-25-2014 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 04-24-2014, 12:14 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I haven't seen any political supporters. I think the Republicans are staying out of it and just letting the Dems make a fool out of themselves for supporting the strong arm intimidation that is going on.
Read the article.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:24 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Do you count Hannity as "political?" Because he's a strong supporter.

Huge supporter. And can someone (a supporter) PLEASE explain why this is OK with you? Guy owes at least a million to the feds (actually us, I'm not a zillionaire, don't know about the rest of you) by an act put through by Reagan! It's so simple, graze your cattle on federal lands and basically pay rent. This guy paid his "rent" for years and then decided he wasn't going to do it any more. And now you have people tripping over themselves defending him, people whom I suspect are "regular" folk who pay their taxes (and gripe about it, just as I do). Why should he get a free ride?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 AM

271 posts, read 341,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy made some disparaging remarks about "the Negro":

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday. “And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Why do "patriotism" and racism go hand in hand?

Conservatives begin backing away after Cliven Bundy’s remarks disparaging ‘the Negro’
Oh my Gosh...A right wing extremist militia member Nevada Rancher has negative views of Black people?

I'm appalled

Old 04-24-2014, 03:29 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't need any truth serum...just be quiet and let it rip. It all comes pouring out in due time.
So you consider his statement to be truth?

Old 04-24-2014, 03:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy made some disparaging remarks about "the Negro":

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday. “And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Why do "patriotism" and racism go hand in hand?
Why does this mean, "patriotism and racism go hand in hand?" That's using a pretty broad brush, don't you think? Loving one's country, and being ready and willing to defend it, even if it means giving up one's own life, does not equate to racism.

Do you think all veterans are racist too?

Old 04-24-2014, 04:25 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Bundy tried to create a battle with federal workers over his illegal use of public land
Tell me this is a joke.

Did Bundy show up at a BLM building with assault weapons and sniper rifles?

Yes, there is an issue of grazing rights ... but your "tried to create a battle with federal workers" is a galactically silly comment.

El Nox

Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
I honestly don't get it. People like Bundy go to church & believe in GOD & JESUS yet they 'judge' others on their skin color.
Talk about showing who he really is...sheesh he is a nutcase. What is more scary is there are so many like him.

Yes he did put his family in harms way when he made the decision to take a stand against the fed.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:49 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why does this mean, "patriotism and racism go hand in hand?" That's using a pretty broad brush, don't you think? Loving one's country, and being ready and willing to defend it, even if it means giving up one's own life, does not equate to racism.

Do you think all veterans are racist too?
So, because Bundy may be doing all the things you mentioned above, that makes his obviously racist statement suddenly non-racist?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
Oh my Gosh...A right wing extremist militia member Nevada Rancher has negative views of Black people?

I'm appalled
And you have never heard a Democrat with a negative view of black people, I suppose? Never heard of the KKK? Robert Byrd? Governor George Wallace? I think we could come up with a long list of Democrat racists. Don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies