Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals have never been known for extraordinary foresight. Emotionalism, instead of logic, simply does not allow it.

Therefore, liberals simply cannot comprehend the "slippery slope" theory. It's beyond their intellectual reach. Emotional thinking, instead of rational thinking, will do that to a person and society is paying a price for it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Heartless and mean is just one of the reasons why opposing same sex marriage is wrong.

Not having a rational, independent basis for denying tax paying citizens the full rights of citizenship that doesn't appeal to some revisionist history, or appeal to religion is the major reason.
And yet if I offered them legal protections, other then lumping them under traditional marriage, would that suit you? Doubtful.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Actually no. Even so called moral based laws have to show that harm is being prevented by having that law in place. The reason Utah's polygamy law was struck down was that the state could not show that actual harm would be caused by allowing polygamy, especially in light of cohabitation by more than two people was effectively already occurring.
Our marriage laws are in place because harm is being prevented???? How is there harm to the nation if two gay men live together but do not marry each other?

I'll wait.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Obviously, there was a fourth person (not a lesbian) involved at one point.
My thoughts on where the threesome marriage would come from, would be two gay men, marrying, and using one woman to birth all their children. Then a case would be made that the mom and dads living together would be best for the children. The same for two lesbians marrying, and using one surrogate father.

That would be an interesting court case, because it really would be best for the children.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Our marriage laws are in place because harm is being prevented???? How is there harm to the nation if two gay men live together but do not marry each other?

I'll wait.
When challenged laws that prohibit activity, such as same sex marriage, do have to show the activity causes harm. So the real question is, how does allowing those two men to marry cause harm?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You sound like you need to sit down with someone who is gay so they can best explain this too you because it sounds like you have some misconceptions with gays.
my wife is a dance instructor so I'm very familiar with gays... none of them have children though.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Obviously, there was a fourth person (not a lesbian) involved at one point.
exactly... I know you can go to a clinic and get sperm but that's going outside of the realms of homosexuality.

I don't know.. I just think if you are gay you are supposed to be childless since it's not something you can do naturally.

I'm really not trying to be insensitive and like I stated above. I know PLENTY of gays due to my wife's line of work but they are all childless.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
The first documented successful artificial insemination dates back to 1785.

Artificial insemination and all its variables has been routinely practiced for 200 years.

Single and married women, regardless of sexual orientation, have been conceiving via artificial insemination all along.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
AJ Scalia predicted a long time ago it would only be a matter of time until the slippery slope allowed such things and worse based on a few of the SCOTUS rulings.
What things?

Women, single, in partnerships and marriages have used medical technology to become pregnant for hundreds of years.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
yeah, as long as they claim to be gay its okay if they have sex with kids too, right?
Born that way and all that. Free pass
What has this got to do with having sex with kids?

Generally speaking, heterosexual men have that particular area well covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies