Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 04:10 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
According to Clark County's records the ranch/farm owned by Bundy is only 160 acres wich he probably inherited.

I-Team: Bundy's 'ancestral rights' come under scrutiny - 8 News NOW
And that is why he needs the public land. No way could a measly 160 scrubby acres support a decent sized herd.

I don't even know why they run cattle out there anyway. Same here where I live in south texas. Some of this land around here barely had a scrub brush every few yards, but people insist on putting these poor animals out there.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Poor WORKING people are eligible for the EITC - Earned Income Tax Credit.

This was started to cut back on direct welfare payments and get people to work. In most states, non working poor women are only eligible for Medicaid when they are pregnant - other than that they are SOL. So really not a smart choice for them at all.

Young poor working men can qualify for assistance if they meet the minimum guidelines. They don't go by gender, but by household income. Might not be much, but its there.
And as a self-employed tax preparer of 30+ years experience, I can attest that no feature of the tax code is subjected to more petty fraud and manipulation than the EITC. A live-in girlfriend with one or two children and an EITC benefit is a strong incentive not to commit to marriage, but I've also, and increasingly, witnessed the case of a separated father claiming the credit, leaving the abandoned spouse (who often has a stronger case simply by virtue of putting a roof over the children's heads) to find a preparer to advocate her cause --- or in a few cases, conning her into signing her rights away.

in its present state, the EITC is not merely a drain on the Treasury, but a destabilizing influence on the American family.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just pointing out the facts.

The government feeds people to control them.
If facts matter to anyone reading this blog post:

To dispel any and all myths that these services are mainly for minorities - lets move to look at reality with numbers.

[Quoted]
Blacks @ (13%) of a population of 300,000,000 people in U.S = 39,000,000 / 59.1 percent who live on 80 of their income from social security and other benefits services and assistance of 39,000,000 people = *23,049,000 people.

Whites @ (70%) of a population of 300,000,000 people in U.S. = 210,000,000 / 46 percent who live on 80 of their income from social security of 210,000,000 people = *96,600,000 people.

Result: *73,550,000* MORE white people than black people live on 80 of their income from social security and other benefits services and assistance .

The Ratio of white people living on SSI is 4.17% to every 1% of black people living on SSI.
The low "base line" average of over 57,000,000 million MORE white people collect social security and other benefits services and assistance “than there is of the TOTAL number of black people who exist in this nation”, simply put, this equals 22.23% more whites than " the whole populations of blacks" in this country, as being the ones who collect public program service benefits.

On an average of over 73.5 million “more” whites collect benefits than black people. Is a FACT.

There are 5.3 times more whites than blacks in the country. White people outnumber blacks 4:1 when it comes to recipient who is using public benefit.
[/quote]
-----------------------------

It appears, that Cliven Bundy, assumed himself entitled to graze his cattle on government lands, which technically results to him either seeing a stimulus by doing so, or to gain public assistance for his cattle by doing so.

Looks like a clear case of Bundy's Hypocrisy as well as his race based delusional sense of self entitlement based on his skin color, while he has the audacity to point figures and pass labeling others. he's possibly upset because he can't profit from free labor via the abuse and mis-use of others. he's already demonstrated that he has a 'take what I want attitude" when he let his cattle loose to grave on land that belongs to the government.

It's always amazing to see how these type of racist driven types can never see the reflection of themselves.

He's probably good friends with Donald Sterling, the owner of the Clippers. who loves profiting from black players providing sports labor and he seems to love 'sleeping with women who have black blood in their veins', but he does not want black people at the Clippers game.

Here's a link - Know Anyone Who Thinks Racial Profiling Is Exaggerated? Watch This, And Tell Me When Your Jaw Drops. which again show the bias, embedded racist mentality and the blindness by those who have racist intent to be bigoted and biased toward black people. all the while ignoring and even denying the reality of intent and actions of white people. It appears, that Cliven Bundy, assumed himself entitled to graze his cattle on government lands, which technically results to him either seeing a stimulus by doing so, or to gain public assistance for his cattle by doing so.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-26-2014 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And as a self-employed tax preparer of 30+ years experience, I can attest that no feature of the tax code is subjected to more petty fraud and manipulation than the EITC. A live-in girlfriend with one or two children and an EITC benefit is a strong incentive not to commit to marriage, but I've also, and increasingly, witnessed the case of a separated father claiming the credit, leaving the abandoned spouse (who often has a stronger case simply by virtue of putting a roof over the children's heads) to find a preparer to advocate her cause --- or in a few cases, conning her into signing her rights away.

in its present state, the EITC is not merely a drain on the Treasury, but a destabilizing influence on the American family.
If the live-in girlfriend is working, she claims the EITC. Sure I've seen cases where a person will swear that they provide whatever percentage of support to their sister's kids so they get to claim the benefit etc., but that money would have been going out in the form of direct cash payments as before.

And there are lots of working women with very decent salaries that don't want to get married - what is their reason? Face it - marriage is on the decline for all sorts of reasons. The American family is changing.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Because they all held jobs & had a roof over their heads?
Being a slave is not a job. Why the hell do I even bother to answer this drivel?

If slavery is so wonderful, why don't I just enslave you? How 'bout that?

Old 04-26-2014, 05:41 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default Tax season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Poor WORKING people are eligible for the EITC - Earned Income Tax Credit.

This was started to cut back on direct welfare payments and get people to work. In most states, non working poor women are only eligible for Medicaid when they are pregnant - other than that they are SOL. So really not a smart choice for them at all.

Young poor working men can qualify for assistance if they meet the minimum guidelines. They don't go by gender, but by household income. Might not be much, but its there.
NON-WORKING poor pregnant women and after she's had the baby get Medicaid, food stamps, (small) monthly monetary assistance, and priority placement on government housing list. After having the baby, they get three months before welfare-to-work program begins. A number of them find excuses to not attend Welfare-to-Work program and end not going work. Regarding EITC, you do realize that EITC comes only during tax season which comes after the current year is over? Tax breaks are good but the working poor can not afford to hold out waiting for a tax refund once a year meanwhile they have to eat, have a roof over their heads, pay transportation costs to work, or go on job interviews, or doctor's appointments throughout the year. EITC may be the only break the gov't gives the working poor. Meanwhile those who choose not to work but live off the system on public assistance don't have those financial concerns (rent, food) to worry about. The gov't system of rewarding bad choices, immorality, laziness, and/or stupidity really needs to change.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:56 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGG View Post
Please provide the link for the sale of this property. Hint.....it never happened!

Quote:
His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.
U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant | Reuters

Old 04-26-2014, 07:17 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I've never heard any "racist" blacks advocating slavery for white people.
No, they advocate the murder and extinction of white people. Refer to whites as the devil.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
NON-WORKING poor pregnant women and after she's had the baby get Medicaid, food stamps, (small) monthly monetary assistance, and priority placement on government housing list. After having the baby, they get three months before welfare-to-work program begins. A number of them find excuses to not attend Welfare-to-Work program and end not going work. Regarding EITC, you do realize that EITC comes only during tax season which comes after the current year is over? Tax breaks are good but the working poor can not afford to hold out waiting for a tax refund once a year meanwhile they have to eat, have a roof over their heads, pay transportation costs to work, or go on job interviews, or doctor's appointments throughout the year. EITC may be the only break the gov't gives the working poor. Meanwhile those who choose not to work but live off the system on public assistance don't have those financial concerns (rent, food) to worry about. The gov't system of rewarding bad choices, immorality, laziness, and/or stupidity really needs to change.
Medicaid varies from state to state. Here in Tx - no Medicaid unless you are pregnant, or disabled, or old and poor.

As for housing the list here in our area has a 2-3 year wait. My sister works for the housing office.

I'm not defending them, I'm just saying it is not the nirvana people make it out to be. I would never want to be in their shoes.

And yes I know the EITC only comes once a year.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
According to Clark County's records the ranch/farm owned by Bundy is only 160 acres wich he probably inherited.

I-Team: Bundy's 'ancestral rights' come under scrutiny - 8 News NOW
I had read that last week.....that is why I added RETAIN.

160 acres is a pretty good chunk of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies