Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

Of course he said those things, he's an old loon.

Watch: Cliven Bundy Explains Why Martin Luther King Jr. Would Be on His Side - The Wire

Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I heard him confirm he said it and not backdown. He is entitled to his opinion ;but he was stupid to fall for the bait when setout.; really has no thing to do with issue that he needs to pay up like other for use of federal lands.He owes over 1 a million dollars from what I read; so pay up or get off and let them go after him like any other owing money to taxpayers.No freeloaders wanted.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 PM

271 posts, read 341,447 times
Ok..What in this video is NOT racist? This just showed a longer version of his inherent racism. So not only does he refer to Blacks as "negroes" he refers to them as "colored" as well.. What "context" are we missing here?. Also I keep seeing Bundy on several shows doing interviews and REITERATING the fact that he is inherently racist. This man literally cannot stop himself from making racist comments on tv now.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 PM

582 posts, read 779,066 times
The simple fact is that you can't trust the media. News is no longer about telling the facts related to an event. The news is now just another reality TV shows comprising of current events. It is scripted and produced in a manner to either entertain, shock, or invoke an emotional response. Facts are irrelevant. ALL the media outlets are guilty of this. Liberal and conservative outlets produce the news in a manner the best suits their market. The only way to get any real information is to follow the trail back to the original source and to listen to multiple outlets covering different viewpoints.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:21 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
The simple fact is that you can't trust the media. News is no longer about telling the facts related to an event. The news is now just another reality TV shows comprising of current events. It is scripted and produced in a manner to either entertain, shock, or invoke an emotional response. Facts are irrelevant. ALL the media outlets are guilty of this. Liberal and conservative outlets produce the news in a manner the best suits their market. The only way to get any real information is to follow the trail back to the original source and to listen to multiple outlets covering different viewpoints.
DIRECT QUOTE FROM BUNDY:

Quote:
“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday. “And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
Racist? Nah! Not trust the media? It's recorded on audiotape.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,170 times
He was quoted in context completely. The whole movement that Bundy is a part of is racist in it's origins. He is a lying freeloader. The story he tells about his family is a lie. His family got that land in 1949 and never had any rights to the land. It was always under the BLM control which was formed in 1946. The BLM was the result of the merging of two prior agencies. U.S. Grazing Service formed in 1934 and the General Land Office formed in 1812.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
Ok..What in this video is NOT racist? This just showed a longer version of his inherent racism. So not only does he refer to Blacks as "negroes" he refers to them as "colored" as well.. What "context" are we missing here?. Also I keep seeing Bundy on several shows doing interviews and REITERATING the fact that he is inherently racist. This man literally cannot stop himself from making racist comments on tv now.
Both of those phrase did not become racist until recently. Neither is inherently racist as neither is was a derogatory term. They only became racist when recently when people started to associate them with derogatory stereotypes. FYI - NAACP stands for National Association for the Advancement of Colored people.
UNCF stands for United Negro College Fund. Are you say they are racist.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:28 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hopefully Mr. Bundy can get a nice settlement from CNN when he sues them for slander. This was no accident, it was a deliberate, vindictive attempt to harm someone's reputation. CNN once was a respectable new agency, I remember watching Gulf War I coverage and it was world class. They have fallen to a 2nd rate blogger. Race to the bottom...along with NBC.
His comments were carried by several major networks, anyone that thinks this is made up is in a state of denial. Harm Bundy's reputation, really. Has to be tough for all those supporters that thought they were fighting the good fight. The retractions of support are coming fast, enjoyable to watch Fox news now running away from a folk hero.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
DIRECT QUOTE FROM BUNDY:

Racist? Nah! Not trust the media? It's recorded on audiotape.
Given that they didn't play the entire audiotape and only played the portion that cause an emotion response in their specific market. I think that it proves my point very, very well. Give your reply, the portion they aired was aimed at individuals with viewpoints similar to yours. Would you have reacted the same way if you initially heard the ENTIRE audiotape?? Not likely.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:32 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Given that they didn't play the entire audiotape and only played the portion that cause an emotion response in their specific market. I think that it proves my point very, very well. Give your reply, the portion they aired was aimed at individuals with viewpoints similar to yours. Would you have reacted the same way if you initially heard the ENTIRE audiotape?? Not likely.

I do not need to hear more! Listen to what this cretin said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies