Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Why do so many people love to criticize food stamp and welfare recipients as stealing from the government when they themselves take all sorts of perks because they are married and have kiddies. They happily steal money from single people to subsidize their tax breaks. I'd love to see a flat tax or sales tax so that they'd pay just as much as I do.

Married with kids vs. singles: Who pays higher taxes? - Apr. 25, 2014
Ugh... This idea again? Keeping more of your money does not take money from someone else. There are valid arguments for a flat tax but can we stop distorting the conversation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,332,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Ugh... This idea again? Keeping more of your money does not take money from someone else. There are valid arguments for a flat tax but can we stop distorting the conversation?
Keeping more of your money just means others may have to work to get it......when YOU spend it or, a bank loans it to them.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Keeping more of your money just means others may have to work to get it......when YOU spend it or, a bank loans it to them.
Yeah, I guess that is a challenge.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:16 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
My point is every single human being gets these deducts. you're comparing a 4 person group....I compared it to another 4 person group.

Your argument is that kids shouldnt get a deduct like every other human being? that those kids should be punished?

My wife has no income, I STILL get a 3,900 deduct for her. Just like the kids.
I don't think anyone should pay less tax because they have dependents. It isn't punishing the kids - since they don't file the tax returns.

I don't know why there is a deduction for a spouse either. I am married, have three children (not kids any more).

I will take every legal deduction in the tax code. But I don't see why most of them exist. The government is rewarding me for being married and having children. Why?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:22 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Believe me, I'm not envious of you because you have kids to deduct. That like saying I'm envious of someone who has a bigger mortgage deduction.

And, let's do a little math. I'm an only child. The cost of my schooling was a drop in the bucket compared to a family who had 3 kids who, in turn had 9 kids. Total # of children educated: Me = 1. Them = 12. And thats just 2 generations. I'll be paying for their grandkids too so that would push it up to about 20 - 35.
and those 12 will pay for others too. Its a burden they have the exact same as you......or do you assume those 12 kids will all live in the same house?

Hey you could do that too! Get a bunch of renters....

Your argument is completely without merit, all im hearing is "mememe!". and equating those 12 kids who will grow up to pay real estate taxes JUST LIKE YOU. to you now, and trying to say they unjustly burden you.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Why do so many people love to criticize food stamp and welfare recipients as stealing from the government when they themselves take all sorts of perks because they are married and have kiddies. They happily steal money from single people to subsidize their tax breaks. I'd love to see a flat tax or sales tax so that they'd pay just as much as I do.

the whole point is household size

the HOUSEHOLD income is 50k

based on one person you would owe a certain amount....but... based on 5 people you owe much less

percentages 101

Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:

lol, what's wrong You are all for taxing the other guy as long as it's not you.

And by the way, read up on the Marriage Penalty. Of course both husband and wife have to be educated and earning decent money (combined) to get hit with the "combined you make decent money so we will take more money from you tax". Minimum wagers get a pass.

So give it a break op, if you make more money, especially combined with someone else the government grab gets bigger.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who thinks the answer is higher taxes on the other guy.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the whole point is household size

the HOUSEHOLD income is 50k

based on one person you would owe a certain amount....but... based on 5 people you owe much less

percentages 101
Households don't pay taxes, people do. Anyone who has taxable wages should file a return and pay taxes on their individual income.

My wife should pay zero, since she has no income. I earned X, and should pay Y. I shouldn't pay less or more because I am married.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:14 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,782 times
Can't believe people are taking the OP's question seriously. The OP is so ignorant of the basic facts of taxes and math as to make this almost comical. Almost. If the OP wasn't so stupid.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Can't believe people are taking the OP's question seriously. The OP is so ignorant of the basic facts of taxes and math as to make this almost comical. Almost. If the OP wasn't so stupid.
op is wallowing in their misery and hoping for a magic pill or hoping Obama can legislate prosperity. A typical supporter who is ignorant of the basic facts about taxes and they will always struggle and vote for politicians that depend on their ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies