Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 09:57 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times

Advertisements

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Why aren’t we also outraged that Donald Sterling was secretly recorded? « Hot Air

Good interview. Agree with just about everything he says except I don't think he should lose the team. He's the owner, period. Now if he chooses to step down, that's one thing, but there's no legal right to take the team from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
I doubt its true but this dude is so crazy I could see it happening.

TMZ Sports reported that Stiviano told friends Sterling wanted her to record him and knew he she was recording him because he sometimes forgets what he says and needs to tape to refresh his memory.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Why aren’t we also outraged that Donald Sterling was secretly recorded? « Hot Air

Good interview. Agree with just about everything he says except I don't think he should lose the team. He's the owner, period. Now if he chooses to step down, that's one thing, but there's no legal right to take the team from him.
I dont think anyone is saying he should LEGALLY lose the team...

Old 04-29-2014, 10:26 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:

Except he wasn't secretly recorded he knew he was being recorded according to many reports that she was his archivist and recorded the conversation at his request. And as to your other point, sterling's team is part of the nba and he needs the other owners teams to do business and make any money(All games are between 2 teams after all and Sterling sure doesn't own both, and unless Sterling is going to sell tickets to his team scrimmaging each other he needs the other owners to make money.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Except he wasn't secretly recorded he knew he was being recorded according to many reports that she was his archivist and recorded the conversation at his request. And as to your other point, sterling's team is part of the nba and he needs the other owners teams to do business and make any money(All games are between 2 teams after all and Sterling sure doesn't own both, and unless Sterling is going to sell tickets to his team scrimmaging each other he needs the other owners to make money.
Lets say he wanted to be recorded. That doesn't mean it's right or legal to make them public. It's still a private conversation.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Lets say he wanted to be recorded. That doesn't mean it's right or legal to make them public. It's still a private conversation.
It doesn't matter, he can't take back what was said, only deal with the consequences.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
If you don't want people to know your true feelings DON'T record them.

It's like a sex tape...

Old 04-29-2014, 11:16 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is awesome.

Crazy old white dude talking his nonsense with his sexy (and I mean SEXY...google this chick) half Black/half Mexican sugar baby going all MLK on him.

In the words of Randy Newman...I love L.A.
He's worried who she'll bring around....
Stiviano is meh and has a bad complexion. Not exactly the delicate latino..
Donny wants her to be

Stiviano comes off dumb BUT
is anything but dumb because she got what she wanted, money. DUH.
Contractual hooker;
he doesn't care who she ****s, just don't instagram pics of yourself with famous black people...

He is a racist, a pig with money.
You know the same type of white guys that ran America for a couple hundred years...

Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
I'm guessing that whatever sanctions come down from the NBA - that Sterling will bring suit against them. That will likely stop any sanctions in its tracks. But there is still the players, sponsors, advertisers and public view that greatly damages Sterling and his team going-forward.

Personally, I hope Donald Sterling will challenge any and all sanctions brought against him (by the NBA or any group or any individual) in a court of law. I think he'd win hands-down. If he does not such a suit, then we ALL are in one hell of a mess when our private (illegally recorded) conversations and comments can be illegally made public, and a person is damaged/destroyed by his/her feelings/thoughts/beliefs/views in lieu of a person's 'action'. Now that is extremely troubling!!!

Last edited by highcotton; 04-29-2014 at 11:46 AM..

Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:

"Pin the fried chicken on the Sambo."

Great interview.

Sterling is a racist *******. So what? So are many of the Black Leaders in this country. Get rid of their asses as well while your at it if you want to go down that road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies