Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 08:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times

Advertisements

I just found out that players were set to boycott all of last night's games before Sterling got banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 08:01 AM

183 posts, read 322,783 times
Well, the news is out everybody: You should now tape record everything you see or hear and that means every player, GM, owner, staff, whatever, and if you can catch them saying anything possibly off putting after a few drinks at the bar then TMZ will pay you mucho $$$$ and then they will be banned for life from whatever league, am I right?

Remember, what's good for the goose ...

Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, yanno what, now it's sounding like a gentlemen's uppidy rich golf club, with no women allowed and we make our own rules as we go, here b/c we're rich and no one or nothing else matters, so Sterling is out....and we're forcing a sale....

awwww, big men....
What? You are just rambling nonsense now. The NBA has rules on how a forced sale can happen, Sterling agreed to those rules when he purchased the team. Not sure what issue you are having here.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from repercussions. The NBA did what was within their right through the code of conduct that Sterling agreed to when he purchased the team.
Wrong, Sterling thought he was discussing this in the privacy of his Own home and telephone, he didn't know anyone else was going to hear this? So, it wasn't against any code of conduct...that woman made it public, she blatenly bated him, then taped it and sold it....and got him in all this trouble...and when you listen to what he said, it wasn't all bad....and I'm certain as in everything else, people took a lot of things he said, out of context....and some of the things he said was wrong....agreed...but hey, we all do it....and have done it....in the privacy of our own home.

Once again, I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall in the homes of all those NBA players, that night after they heard the tape? Wonder what kind words they said about him?

Ksarahhh sarahhh.....

Old 04-30-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redford dude View Post
Well, the news is out everybody: You should now tape record everything you see or hear and that means every player, GM, owner, staff, whatever, and if you can catch them saying anything possibly off putting after a few drinks at the bar then TMZ will pay you mucho $$$$ and then they will be banned for life from whatever league, am I right?

Remember, what's good for the goose ...
Everyone has a cell phone these days, you should always be concerned about this. All it takes is one employee to record you saying something racist about the boss and then show it to the boss to get you fired.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Wrong, Sterling thought he was discussing this in the privacy of his Own home and telephone, he didn't know anyone else was going to hear this? So, it wasn't against any code of conduct...that woman made it public, she blatenly bated him, then taped it and sold it....and got him in all this trouble...and when you listen to what he said, it wasn't all bad....and I'm certain as in everything else, people took a lot of things he said, out of context....and some of the things he said was wrong....agreed...but hey, we all do it....and have done it....in the privacy of our own home.

Once again, I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall in the homes of all those NBA players, that night after they heard the tape? Wonder what kind words they said about him?

Ksarahhh sarahhh.....
It still doesn't matter, it is public knowledge now, no matter how red in the face you want to get arguing this.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
What? You are just rambling nonsense now. The NBA has rules on how a forced sale can happen, Sterling agreed to those rules when he purchased the team. Not sure what issue you are having here.
yeah, but that is THEIR rules....and not what the public as a whole sees as right...I'd like to read those rules....and what gives them the right to sell a ball team out from under and owner? And at what price....dictators....a rich man's game. No play on words intended

Old 04-30-2014, 08:08 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Everyone has a cell phone these days, you should always be concerned about this. All it takes is one employee to record you saying something racist about the boss and then show it to the boss to get you fired.
The best advice is to just follow Thumper's Law:

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" - YouTube

Old 04-30-2014, 08:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:

Ksarahhh sarahhh.....
FWIW, I heard on a radio program that Sterling was the one who recorded the call, that he recorded all of his phone conversations.

I also find it odd that you are willing to make excuses for this man. Really shows your own biases, especially the bolded portions.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
It still doesn't matter, it is public knowledge now, no matter how red in the face you want to get arguing this.
I'm not red in the face and I'm not arguing, but, what I am, is, stating opinon, and this whole thing is wrong....and there are a whole lot of people out there who understand a much larger picture and the repercussions of such things....opening a can of worms here ......big time

sometimes ya just gotta laugh and say, "he's a jerk, and let it go at that". It's called choosing your battles wisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies