Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
It is his right to believe what he wants and say what he wants. It is not, however, his right to be protected from the consequences of this, including financial harm caused by the PR fallout and the censure of private individuals and organizations, such as the NBA leadership.
You win.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Black people are not the ones this white man need to fear.

He may need to have more fear of other white people, if he truly paid attention to the reality and nature of crimes white people create.
If anything he should be worried about some white person coming in and shooting up a bunch of people or plotting to blow up a bunch of innocent people in his stadium. Because these are crimes generally associated and committed by white people.
Ya think we can stay on topic?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:08 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
......... Does this mean I can use the N-word and slap women in the azz? .......
Yes, you may.
You may use any word you like. And you may sue anyone who whups up on you for doing so.

You may not slap anyone, anywhere. If you do you can be arrested and/or sued.

Rights.
Wisdom.
Sometimes they collide.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:09 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
There goes my faith in humanity.
You had faith in humanity?
WHY?! What went wrong in your life?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
If you think what he said on the phone was bad, imagine what him and his rich buddies say in the lodges or on the golf courses in Beverly Hills.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:26 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Well if a black owner of an NBA team lets say a black guy owned a NBA team said Her hates white people and wish they would die and does not want them going to games. No one would care and every one would laugh it off . Also seeing how 70% of the NBA is black there would not come out and say what he said was wrong and disagrees with the statement the black NBA ownaer said.

It is the same thing if Zimmerman was black and trayvon martin was white . Most black people would be on Zimmerman side . Would the Miami Heat wear hoodies if trayvon martin was white? I think no way in HELL .

Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
To remind everyone of the situation:

Sterling made comments in private: behind closed doors. Meaning not on twitter, not on youtube, not on facebook, not in front of a microphone.

His GF during an argument tape recorded him. Then sold the tape to TMZ for blackmail.
It's pretty ineffective blackmail when you've killed the hostage.

His girlfriend strikes me as a pretty stupid "woman who trades her sexual favors for economic benefit." It's pretty clear she's not even getting a kiss herself.

Everybody <waving a hand> in that whole general area is screwed up.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well if a black owner of an NBA team lets say a black guy owned a NBA team said Her hates white people and wish they would die and does not want them going to games. No one would care and every one would laugh it off.
Sound more like wishful thinking than anything approaching reality.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM

774 posts, read 906,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just when you think you've heard it all...

V. Stiviano, Sterlings girlfriend posted a photograph on Instagram of her posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. After which Sterling told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games.

"You can sleep with [black people]," Sterling says on the tape. "You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling also says. "Do you have to?"

Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black People to My Games ... Including Magic Johnson | TMZ.com

Maybe I should start a sticky thread entitled, "Today's Cranky Old White Guy."
In other words, here is a rich old married guy who is telling his play for pay girlfriend that he doesn't want anyone to know that his girlfriend is unfaithful to him.

Not racist but stupid.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:44 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well if a black owner of an NBA team lets say a black guy owned a NBA team said Her hates white people and wish they would die and does not want them going to games. No one would care and every one would laugh it off . Also seeing how 70% of the NBA is black there would not come out and say what he said was wrong and disagrees with the statement the black NBA ownaer said.

It is the same thing if Zimmerman was black and trayvon martin was white . Most black people would be on Zimmerman side . Would the Miami Heat wear hoodies if trayvon martin was white? I think no way in HELL .
That is ridiculous! Of course there would be major fallout if that happened. You're delusional if you really believe it would be "laughed off".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies