Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,835,764 times

Advertisements

WITCH HUNT

Race baitors are trying to insert things that were not said.

- He told his GF that there was nothing wrong with her skin color and asked why she was inferring that he thought that. He said it really hurt him that she said that.

- She asked why he hated minorities. Sterling said: "I don't have any hate on nothing"

- She talks about hate and Sterling responds with "I love everybody"

- He said he knows Magic well and he SHOULD be admired.

This conversation was about Sterling preferring his GF to not be seen with black people (I'm assuming famous ones).

Race baitors are making it sound like he said he hates all black, hates Magic and doesn't want any "darkies" to attend his games. I hope the NBA tries to punish him and Sterling sues and wins big.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:17 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,628,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
Question: how would the media & fans react if Jewish Sterling told his GF don't bring Whites to the games?
Like i said it would be seen as no big deal since white straight males are not a part of the protected class . If it anyone else your in trouble.

I still feel like it is wrong for the Clippers owner to say things like that but he is 100 years old but still no excuse.

My only point is if your a white straight male your do not have any rights and can not say anything if your discriminated against.

BTW I am fine with it I will just out work you every time I have to.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,897,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
WITCH HUNT

Well it is senseless to argue the insensible, so let's put it this way, better to be a "race baiter" than a apologist for racist.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
WITCH HUNT

- He told his GF that there was nothing wrong with her skin color and asked why she was inferring that he thought that. He said it really hurt him that she said that.

- She asked why he hated minorities. Sterling said: "I don't have any hate on nothing"

- She talks about hate and Sterling responds with "I love everybody"

- He said he knows Magic well and he SHOULD be admired.

This conversation was about Sterling preferring his GF to not be seen with black people (I'm assuming famous ones).

Race baitors are making it sound like he said he hates all black, hates Magic and doesn't want any "darkies" to attend his games. I hope the NBA tries to punish him and Sterling sues and wins big.
I am not sure i would go that far but i does not sound good and factor in this guys track record.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am not sure i would go that far but i does not sound good and factor in this guys track record.
Well I mean he said what he said a few days ago and that's what brought us here. The parts of the conversation I'm referring to are what he said.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well it is senseless to argue the insensible, so let's put it this way, better to be a "race baiter" than a apologist for racist.
Okay...

Old 04-27-2014, 08:28 PM

13,436 posts, read 15,335,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
Most people are rolling their eyes at this situation because of the reaction from blacks. It's grossly over-exaggerated.

This is Incognito witch hunt all over again
Who are these "most people"? Because most of the people I know think the remarks are repugnant. The only reason why you're calling it grossly over exaggerated, which is false, is because it involves blacks. It's all the blacks fault right, that a stupid old man out his foot in his mouth and is getting a good flogging.

He is a bigot and more so a dumbass. May the clippers throw another game.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Who are these "most people"? Because most of the people I know think the remarks are repugnant.
Would you mind quoting the remarks you are referring to?

Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM

40 posts, read 39,124 times
Quote:
Who are these "most people"? Because most of the people I know think the remarks are repugnant. The only reason why you're calling it grossly over exaggerated, which is false, is because it involves blacks. It's all the blacks fault right, that a stupid old man out his foot in his mouth and is getting a good flogging.

Then you have a very small & naive circle of association.

He had a private conversation secretly tape recorded. Definitely not foot in mouth

Old 04-27-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:

I do not like what Sterling said and find it very stupid. However if Sterling was black and said he hates white people and how he wish they did go to the games this would be a non story . Unless he said something about white gay people then he be in deep trouble. That is just face and you and I know NO black NBA player would come out and say a darn work and Obama would not say a word about it on TV.

Do you think the media would make just as a big deal out of this if Sterling was black? NO they would not it does not help sale papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies