Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are a "right winger," would you like to abolish all universities in the US?
Yes 4 4.44%
No 86 95.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Hmm, the "typical" Republican voter is college educated. It's the Democrats that wins the didn't complete high school or just a high school graduate voter. See, I actually have numbers to show that - something I see you didn't bother to look up.
Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election
I never said the "typical" Republican wasn't college education, maybe you should reread what I actually wrote.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
I'm a "right-winger" and I don't think any university should be abolished, but I am against government funding of colleges and universities. I am also against government involvement in financial aid. I think government subsidization is discriminatory against those who do not go to college/university.

I am university educated (4 year degree). I went to a private university and did not receive any government (ie. taxpayer) subsidy.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
I see many different views here.

Now, a question....

Is "Fair and Balanced" a promise or, a motto????

Most businesses have mottos.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When did I say that? No, I doubt elected Republicans would want to do that seeing all of them have been to college. It is typically the Republican voters that lack anything above a high school degree would want something like that. Good thing they are usually to dumb to ever run for office.
Quote:
I never said the "typical" Republican wasn't college education, maybe you should reread what I actually wrote.
I will give you that. It was indeed another that wrote that earlier upthread. My mistake.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm a "right-winger" and I don't think any university should be abolished, but I am against government funding of colleges and universities. I am also against government involvement in financial aid. I think government subsidization is discriminatory against those who do not go to college/university.

I am university educated (4 year degree). I went to a private university and did not receive any government (ie. taxpayer) subsidy.
Bingo, this is how it would be properly worded for Republicans to support. They don't want to close down public universities, just take away all their public funding and deny students financial aid.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I will give you that. It was indeed another that wrote that earlier upthread. My mistake.
No worries, I sometimes mix people's comments up in here as well.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:38 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I see we have two more geniuses who do not quite grasp the significance of 'public poll.'
I noticed that too, hilarious.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
When did I say that? No, I doubt elected Republicans would want to do that seeing all of them have been to college. It is typically the Republican voters that lack anything above a high school degree would want something like that. Good thing they are usually to dumb to ever run for office.
So by your own admission, College makes you liberal.. (even if what you said is true, and its not, the admission is histerical considering you argue its Republicans who usually try to make that argument)..

http://voices.yahoo.com/presidential...n-5567599.html
Presidential Politics: More Educated Vote Republican

Oooh I've learned one thing, let a liberal mouth off long enough and they will prove a conservatives point every dam time while displaying their ignorance on almost every topic.

Anything else you want to share?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I see we have two more geniuses who do not quite grasp the significance of 'public poll.' Nice job, brentwoodgirl!
Haha, did you really expect Democrats to be smart enough to not understand how it works?

They just post non stop rants of hate and babble, and expect it to be taken at face value...

Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Social liberal, fiscal conservative here. I would vote NO.

Many of our state universities are the crown jewels of our public education system. Why? Competitive admissions. Students ARE grouped by skill level/ability/achievement level. Makes many of them top post-secondary education institutions in the world. They're a DIRECT contrast to our country's K-12 public schools, which refuse to group and educate students according to their motivation/skill level/ability.

We have one public education system (state universities) that's working extraordinarily well in terms of educational outcomes, and another (public K-12) that is an underperforming disaster. Not hard to see why...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies