Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,448,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If she hadn't have gotten the information from the receptionist on BLM plans to do more with this land then they are telling us. I wouldn't have posted it.........some people just support Harry Reid, the other Mormon!
I can't impress upon you how pathetic what people consider due diligence is. I really can't. It's shamefully sad.

This is some random lady cold calling an Indian tribe, and talking to a receptionist who says "I just kinda heard about it", "I heard he had letters and stuff" and "I don't know much about it". The receptionist also says that the Bundy issue isn't happening on their land. The cold-calling lady brought up Reid, and said that people are trying to blame the tribe for .... well she brought up so many random issues that it's unclear what she is suggesting the tribe is being blamed for (nothing I have ever heard).

So THAT is your source? If you mistake random internet videos of conversations between people who don't know anything about the topic as a primary source for your knowledge-base, you will become increasingly misinformed. Unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,448,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
This is the only statement you have made upon which we agree!

The rest of your input is nothing but spin, twist and misguided so-called debate which does not address the "root" of the problem which I have tried to bring forth.

To those reading this thread who are truly interested in correcting the overreach of government and understand that this BLM mess with the Bundy family in Nevada and the Texas Cattlemen along the Red River has to be addressed and these Federal Government Agencies stopped in their tracks, please consider reaching those people who have been directly impacted plus those who live within the regions of that impact. It is you voters who can stop this attack on your freedoms by a Federal Government that has thumbed their noses at the Constitution and the original intentions of supporting Trust Agreements, laws and creation of agencies.

I will share one last thing here with those who have true interests, then I'm done with silly back-and-forth with someone who has no clue as to the main purpose of my input.

In the late 1940's there was a group of old-time ranchers, some of whom were veterans of World War I who told my husband (he was very young at the time but never forgot) that "you young people need to be aware that unless you stop BLM and the US Forest Service from gaining any kind of authority over our public lands it will end in a disaster." My husband never forgot that conversation and those "old timers," as they were called, were dead-on right.

My thanks to all of you reading this who have "NOT missed my points."
There are instances when people are marginalized by the government. Those instances are not to be confused with when people are marginalized by their own profound stupidity. Anyone that goes through life thinking that things like constitutional documents, deeds, permits, laws, regulations are just 'Spin' and their own myopic opinions shape reality will be marginalized too, but not by the government.

Last edited by KStreetQB; 05-01-2014 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM

262 posts, read 154,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
There are instances when people are marginalized by the government. Those instances are not to be confused with when people are marginalized by their own profound stupidity. Anyone that goes through life thinking that things like constitutional documents, deeds, permits, laws, regulations are just 'Spin' and their own myopic opinions shape reality will be marginalized too, but not by the government.
Don't you wish!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM

46,841 posts, read 25,778,697 times
Default The Bundy militiamen are getting bored, and hilarity ensues

What happens when a few hundred individuals with more firepower than brains are denied their chance to shoot at Federal law enforcement? They start quarreling among themselves, of course.

http:// gawker.com/nevada-ranch-mili...ron-1570140614

Apparently somebody started a rumor that a drone attack was imminent (because that makes sense, I guess) and one faction - the "Oath Keepers" - decided to, ehm, "redeploy", presumably to somewhere the hell away from the Bundy ranch. This has left the remaining militiamen all sorts of snippy - they've even hinted that the Oath Keepers were secretly Fed all along. Which of course have the Oath Keepers in a huff.

There is a sitcom waiting to be written here. Also, the link has a fantastic photo of a militiaman demonstrating trigger safety on a firearm that has inexplicably been modified with a foregrip although it lacks a pistol grip. (I am not going to make fun of the short-barrel / bipod combo. Men with short barrels sometimes need extra support.)

Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,239,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What happens when a few hundred individuals with more firepower than brains are denied their chance to shoot at Federal law enforcement? They start quarreling among themselves, of course.

http:// gawker.com/nevada-ranch-mili...ron-1570140614

Apparently somebody started a rumor that a drone attack was imminent (because that makes sense, I guess) and one faction - the "Oath Keepers" - decided to, ehm, "redeploy", presumably to somewhere the hell away from the Bundy ranch. This has left the remaining militiamen all sorts of snippy - they've even hinted that the Oath Keepers were secretly Fed all along. Which of course have the Oath Keepers in a huff.

There is a sitcom waiting to be written here. Also, the link has a fantastic photo of a militiaman demonstrating trigger safety on a firearm that has inexplicably been modified with a foregrip although it lacks a pistol grip. (I am not going to make fun of the short-barrel / bipod combo. Men with short barrels sometimes need extra support.)
Your link is worthless.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:34 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,708,457 times
Summer can be too soon out there in Bundyland. A few 105 degree days should thing the militia out. Dont those guys have job?

Nevada Ranch Militias Turn Against Each Other Over Drone-Attack Theory

Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,885,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Your link is worthless.
Guess the milita fixed the OP without leaving their post! I've heard some have left. If you go to OatheKeepers website they are asking members to rotate in. Giving those a break that need to leave, but leaving Bundy with protection the whole time.

They don't need all those men now, whats the use for now? Media must be slooooow for the OP!

Small guns and all...... LOL

Old 05-01-2014, 01:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,410,878 times
This is the link ...with video of these clowns:
Nevada Ranch Militias Turn Against Each Other Over Drone-Attack Theory

Old 05-01-2014, 01:39 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,239,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess the milita fixed the OP without leaving their post! I've heard some have left. If you go to OatheKeepers website they are asking members to rotate in. Giving those a break that need to leave, but leaving Bundy with protection the whole time.

They don't need all those men now, whats the use for now? Media must be slooooow for the OP!

Small guns and all...... LOL
Look like everyone is getting bored.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:40 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,525,979 times
Why in the hell are they still there? Don't they have jobs or families to get back to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies