Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 PM

947 posts, read 1,457,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Well, since it has been claimed that corporations, after deductions, pay zero taxes I am sure the liberals will be happy with a 2% corporate tax with no deductions.

I favor a corporate tax with no deductions. That is the free market approach. Somewhere around 10%.
Free market doesn't work in the real world due to greed/incompetence of business people.

http://www.angryflower.com/atlass.gif that is what would happen if the Atlas Shrugged people had their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:30 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,196,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Well, since it has been claimed that corporations, after deductions, pay zero taxes I am sure the liberals will be happy with a 2% corporate tax with no deductions.

I favor a corporate tax with no deductions. That is the free market approach. Somewhere around 10%.
I wish for corporation to not be able to buy politicians to write in more loopholes for them.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:35 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Actually for the majority of American history that the economy wasn't having constant crashes, high income earners paid very high taxes. The only times they didn't in the 20th century a great depression or great recession occurred years later.
Maybe that is why it is so difficult to achieve the American dream. Didn't you ever hear the saying "first you got to learn how to make money, then you got to learn how to keep the money"? Middle class Americans think.. if I could just get a job that pays x amount more I'd be good. They fail to realize the more they make the more government takes (progressively)

Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,245,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Actually they don't affect prices at all. They just affect the incompetent CEOs ability to purchase mega yachts.
Really????

Stop and think about all the costs of a product before you buy it.

From the seed to the fertilizer to the fuel and farmer's work boots......the wrapper the little tie....the transporting of all the products...to get that far.....the advertising....the costs to the store, wages, electric, water heat cooling and to costs of all those things....all the labor.....just to mention a small part of your loaf of bread......this is a small list.

All the building costs are in there too....and all of their costs.

Do you REALLY think you pay all of that for a loaf of bread????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies