U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:45 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,800,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I live in Missouri, I'm a Missouri voter, and I'm against embryonic stem cell research. Hey, use adult stem cells if you want from conscious and willing volunteers who can make a conscious decision to say yes, but protect our unborn. Yes, I'm a Democrat and yes, I'm pro-life. What got me about Michael J. Fox's public attempt to influence us was his calling Missouri "Missourah"...what Canadian would call Missouri "Missourah"? Not even many Missourians pronounce the state that way. Someone coached Fox to say it that way, and that's a clear and obvious manipulation attempt which comes across as fake and false. I'm voting no. My message to Mr. Fox would be. "Yes, I empathize with your plight, I truly do and I hope some kind of treatment or cure is found" but... one's personal suffering has no moral legitimacy in my opinion to justify the destruction of unborn children to provide answers. What are we going to have next... women coming in and getting fertilized so that they can carry a fetus to a certain point, get it aborted for a paycheck so that it can be killed to cure people like Michael J.Fox? It's already been widely written and published that adult stem cells appear to work better. It's also been recently reported that stem cells may cause brain lesions and tumors in the person receiving the therapy (divine justice?). If we want to pursue stem cell research, stick to adult stem cells and use stem cells from willing adult volunteers who are thoroughly educated about the issue to make an informed choice. And when making political ads as a Hollywood celebrity...use your common sense and try not to let coaching be so obvious in your "act" to attempt to sway a target audience that can instantly see through the "folksy" manipulation attempt.

The only folks that keep pushing this embyonic research have an agenda. Their have been studies using embryos and have come up with nothing. The journalist and the hand picked scientist the media like to interview is part of an agenda. I'm sure they won't want to interview the many other scientist that disagree. I can't believe how blind to the media people are. It's pretty scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
When your child has cancer and you have to look in their eyes and see the agony and desperation and fear, there is no worse feeling in the world, and at that point your child comes before all.

nags are fun to beat!!! (just a joke) to lighten things.!!!
That's why it cruel for thr dems to spread this false hope based on nothing by saying vote for the Democrats because the Republicans don't want to cure disease. This is a disguting way to campaign and everyone is outrgaed at Rush ?and he's not even running for office. Where is the outrage for the Democratic party trotting out all these victims and lying to other victims for political gain. How sick is that? and Rush Limbaugh gets attacked for pointing it out.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,943,574 times
So I take it that's a no .. you didn't watch the video of Rush mocking Michael J. Fox. No, I didn't listen to Rush, I watched it. Listening to 3 hours of Rush isn't necessary ... you just have to watch 3 minutes to see what he was doing. The so called liberal media can't make that crap up.

Ok then ... keep drinking the kool-aid.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,728,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
That's why it cruel for thr dems to spread this false hope based on nothing by saying vote for the Democrats because the Republicans don't want to cure disease. This is a disguting way to campaign and everyone is outrgaed at Rush ?and he's not even running for office. Where is the outrage for the Democratic party trotting out all these victims and lying to other victims for political gain. How sick is that? and Rush Limbaugh gets attacked for pointing it out.
You know for a FACT that nothing will come from this research?( I didnt know there were people that can see the future on this board.) Even though it can takes decades of research to get results? And embryonic reasearch has not been around for long enough, it is the right to lifers stopping it from proceeding. Are you a doctor or scientist? I have sat at many public conferences, not led by the Dems, I was there for knowledge about curing deadly diseases, there is more to life that politics and mud slinging, I just want the research. I personally dont give a rats a** about Rush and what he does or what political views he has so I am not outraged at him.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
So I take it that's a no .. you didn't watch the video of Rush mocking Michael J. Fox. No, I didn't listen to Rush, I watched it. Listening to 3 hours of Rush isn't necessary ... you just have to watch 3 minutes to see what he was doing. The so called liberal media can't make that crap up.

Ok then ... keep drinking the kool-aid.
You are drinking the Kool-aid and don't even know it. I listened to what he was saying during the clip. What can't you understand about that? He puts his radio show on tape. I heard it what he was saying what's he suppose to do sit on his hands while he is describing Fox's actions?

The Liberal media can make it look like anything they want. I heard THE WHOLE SHOW! They have you believing it.

Have you heard anything today about Jim Webb on CNN? I doubt it, I can't even find a story anywhere on him. Thank God I get the real news and not half the story like you people or no story in this case.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You know for a FACT that nothing will come from this research?( I didnt know there were people that can see the future on this board.) Even though it can takes decades of research to get results? And embryonic reasearch has not been around for long enough, it is the right to lifers stopping it from proceeding. Are you a doctor or scientist? I have sat at many public conferences, not led by the Dems, I was there for knowledge about curing deadly diseases, there is more to life that politics and mud slinging, I just want the research. I personally dont give a rats a** about Rush and what he does or what political views he has so I am not outraged at him.

Embryonic research is going on right now. I didn't say nothing would come of it, I said nothing has come of it so far.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
SFW if MJ Fox went off his meds for the commercial .. HE STILL HAS PARKINSONS no matter if he's on or off meds. He's still probably going to die from the disease. He's going to leave a wife and family behind. I don't blame him one bit if he went off his meds for his political commercials. People need to see what Parkinson's is like. And even if it was the medicine he was on that made him act like that, well, people need to see that as well. You see, Parkinson's sucks and Michael J. Fox being willing to appear on behalf of stem cell research is a wonderful and brave thing to do. Don't think for a minute that he doesn't know how he is setting himself up for ridicule. And your guy Rush was there to take the bait.

Did you see the film of Rush MOCKING, YES, MOCKING MJ Fox's movements? You can't spin that in any way. He was mocking Michael J. Fox's ailment. What a classless A@#bag Limpbaugh is.

This is a new low for him and it's going to hurt the GOP more that he will ever know.

Wonderful and brave? This is not a public service announcement it's a political thing. He says he's not political and he's tours around all the dems. He's even backing Ben Cardin who voted against stem cell research! What???
What happened to the cause?

Hurt the GOP? I believe it helped show how low the Dems will go.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:48 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,063,943 times
Quote:
Embryonic research is going on right now. I didn't say nothing would come of it, I said nothing has come of it so far.
And it never will unless those awful Democrats manage to push their "agenda"...

Old 10-27-2006, 09:51 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,063,943 times
Quote:
Wonderful and brave? This is not a public service announcement it's a political thing. He says he's not political and he's tours around all the dems. He's even backing Ben Cardin who voted against stem cell research! What???
What happened to the cause?

Hurt the GOP? I believe it helped show how low the Dems will go.
Did you know that two years ago, Fox did an almost identical ad for Arlen Spector (R-PA), except since the disease wasn't so far progressed, he didn't twitch nearly as much? His wording was almost exactly the same in the ad he used this year. He even went so far as to say "Arlen GETS it!"

Of course you didn't. Because Rush and Sean didn't tell you that.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Did you know that two years ago, Fox did an almost identical ad for Arlen Spector (R-PA), except since the disease wasn't so far progressed, he didn't twitch nearly as much? His wording was almost exactly the same in the ad he used this year. He even went so far as to say "Arlen GETS it!"

Of course you didn't. Because Rush and Sean didn't tell you that.
Arlen Spector is a Dem in Republican clothes, I wouldn'y doubt he toured with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or