Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:19 PM

628 posts, read 694,331 times

Advertisements

Michale J. Fox

Limbaugh, said of Michael "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," in the commercial stem cell research.
Does Rush think before he speak?--the statement is about as low as a person can go. Rush does it all in the name of the Republican's. I would not wish this man representing me, if he has to step so low to get VOTES.
Rush Limbaugh is on those drugs <OxyContin >deteriorated the one brain he has left...

I was so upset when I read the above comments. I am new to the Forum, Ihope this is not breaking the rules. I have not read the Code of Conduct completely.

Last edited by MegaJoy; 10-24-2006 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 06:44 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,665,966 times
I like Rush Limbaugh. It probably was an unwise move to say that Fox was exaggerating the effects of his disease (even though I believe he was trying to get sympathy), but it's politics, what are you going to do?

Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 AM

5,323 posts, read 18,235,162 times
It's none too surprising for Rush to insert foot. Never could stomach him

Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 AM

622 posts, read 2,705,857 times
Yeah, right... he's exaggerating the effects of the disease. I helped take care of my grandma who had Parkinson's disease. She couldn't even eat. She couldn't even hold her silverware. She couldn't walk, function like a normal human being. Of course Michael J. Fox deserves our sympathy! So does everyone with Parkinson's disease! Limbaugh should count his blessings that he is so healthy.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:31 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,645,953 times
I know they have their good days when the movement isnt so pronounced and bad days where they cannot function. Mike was having a bad day.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:04 PM

22,893 posts, read 28,171,272 times
I once heard a tragedy defined as "two opposing parties who are both right."

I guess then that here we have a definition of a comedy --- "two opposing parties who are both wrong."

I disagree with Fox's politics on this issue, but Rush was being a bit of a tool.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,782,392 times
I can see Fox's side of it and why he is doing what he is. Being in the position that he is he can get more attention than a person that is not a celebrity w/ a name that everyone knows can. My grandfather had Parkinsons. It is HORRIBLE! If you have never known someone that had it firsthand and everything they go thru......... the meds that they can take don't help. The only thing that was available for my grandfather to take were experimental meds and a few that they thought could help. More research does need to be done on this disease as it does effect so many people. Just because it is not cancer does not make it any easier to live with. In fact it makes it horrible to live with. As mariatherese said, you can not function as a normal human being and even hold a fork to eat much less comb your hair. It is so sad because the mind is still there but they can not do normal everyday movements like brush their teeth or even hold a glass of water to get a drink. For years before my grandfathers even got really bad he could not write. It can be a slow decline where day by day a different everyday function becomes a task that they can not do.

It was not until Michael J. Fox announced that he had Parkinsons did you hear anything about the disease. The problems associated with it, the lack of research, the lack of meds that can control it. Those movements are not voluntary he can not control them. Just like a person w/ Parkinsons can not control the tremor of their hands.

I'm glad that Michael J. Fox told the world that he suffered from Parkinsons. I'm glad that he is putting his name behind any efforts to get more research of this disease. I just hope that Rush never has to suffer from this disease otherwise he may be spoonfed some crow.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:32 PM

622 posts, read 2,705,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I guess then that here we have a definition of a comedy --- "two opposing parties who are both wrong."
That pretty much sums up our government then... just one big joke.

momof2dfw- my thoughts exactly. i have a good friend who works at the mayo clinic helping to find cures to diseases. i hope we can win this fight.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:44 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,645,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
That pretty much sums up our government then... just one big joke.

momof2dfw- my thoughts exactly. i have a good friend who works at the mayo clinic helping to find cures to diseases. i hope we can win this fight.
I agree, besides Parkinsons we need to find a treatment or cure for Alzheimers which my grandfather suffered from, horrible tragic disease, no one should have to suffer through.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,782,392 times
What is sad between Parkinsons and Alzheimers is that w/ Parkinsons you still have your mind but can not control your functions, basic body movements and such. With Alzheimers you still have functions as far as body movements but your mind is gone. Terrible things. And no cure for either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies