Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM

334 posts, read 436,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And this is in England and Ireland. Where are the threats against the Subway locations in England and Ireland by Muslims?

BTW, some Subway locations started doing this in 2007.
The article says it all. You seriously need to get out and explore European cities how big mess they are due to Islamic extremists. You do not have a problem with that in your state and country so you don't understand the situation. Hint, youtube "Anjem Choudary".

Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well there is some evidence that eating halal and kosher foods is actually healthier for you. i will grant it is skimpy evidence at best, but its out there. remember that halal and kosher foods are actually prepared differently and dont have the fillers that non halal and non kosher foods have. take hot dogs for instance, look at the ingredients of the most popular non kosher hot dogs, and compare that to the ingredients in hebrew national or nathans or vienna beef hot dogs, and you will find things in the non kosher dogs that are not in the kosher ones. something else is that with kosher and halal foods, there is little chance of cross contamination of foods, where as with non kosher or halal, there is a much greater chance of cross contamination.
Kosher and Halal are not healthier than regular meat. Halal means permitted, and they pray to Allah when they slaughter the animal horribly and painfully. Kosher means they slaughter differently and do not mix with certain other products.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I live in a neighborhood in Philly where a large number of the Pizza delivery menus make a point of stating they only serve halal meat.

I doubt they're all stupid, and they do know their market.
Was it chain pizza place? Were they threatened to stop selling pork?

Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,138,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Je View Post
The article says it all. You seriously need to get out and explore European cities how big mess they are due to Islamic extremists. You do not have a problem with that in your state and country so you don't understand the situation. Hint, youtube "Anjem Choudary".
The article you posted said nothing about Subway. Care to try again?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The article you posted said nothing about Subway. Care to try again?
The Subway thing is just one example... There are tons of others.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,691,502 times
Quote:
Kosher and Halal are not healthier than regular meat. Halal means permitted, and they pray to Allah when they slaughter the animal horribly and painfully. Kosher means they slaughter differently and do not mix with certain other products.
try again;

What is Kosher Food?

Halal - What is Halal Food?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Does still not mean it is healthier.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Does still not mean it is healthier.
check the ingredients of kosher and non kosher and halal foods, you will find that many of the fillers and chemicals in non kosher foods are NOT in the kosher and halal foods. i know i have to check the ingredients to avoid issues with my dialysis.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
check the ingredients of kosher and non kosher and halal foods, you will find that many of the fillers and chemicals in non kosher foods are NOT in the kosher and halal foods. i know i have to check the ingredients to avoid issues with my dialysis.
Well you could always buy your meat from an organic grocery such as Whole Foods market. We don't need any people praying to Allah or Yahweh when slaughtering cruelly an animal.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Well you could always buy your meat from an organic grocery such as Whole Foods market. We don't need any people praying to Allah or Yahweh when slaughtering cruelly an animal.
you obviously didnt read the links i posted, otherwise you would know that halal is actually a humane form of butchering, especially compared to what goes on in butcher shops in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies