Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:33 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneconcernedcitizen View Post
"Enforcing the civil rights laws more aggressively would hold white supremicists accountable for thier crimes, and we can't have that"
What crimes? White supremacy has created the modern world as we know it. Smash your computer (white engineered and designed) and sever your internet connection (ditto) and eat grubs out of the ground with a stick if you wish to stop being a hypocrite.

In any event, you see people of any race beating down doors to live in majority black areas?

The traffic is away from blacks, never to them. Hell, let a black get some cash, he's out of there too.

Why is this? Could it be living in majority black areas guarantees a nearly third world living situation?

Old 05-03-2014, 08:35 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Who cares? How many political parties apart from Republicans call perceived sellouts "RINOs"?

We've got plenty of other words for white, Asian, or whatever, people who work against black communities. We've got a few for black people who work against black communities, too. See? Equal treatment.
Considering the topic of this thread and your continued responses in it, apparently you care.

In addition, it would appear that you are alright with the racial bigotry towards any you choose but tend to take offense when that bigotry is directed in your direction you scream about it.

Equal treatment to you is represented by equal racism. Got it.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:43 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
So stating that I want tougher enforcement of laws means that I am . A.unopen to other options to fight discrimination such as boycotts and B.A helpless victim .
Yes, especially since it's been widely reported even in the MSM that Obama and Holder are enforcing some laws and not others. That should be your first clue that it's a mistake to depend on the government to rescue you.

People used to be so much more committed to acting themselves to create positive change. The example I gave was the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Why does someone else have to do it, now? Get that 1950s Montgomery motivation back. Be proactive. Lead others, too. I know you can do it.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Just a passing thought:

It appears that some think (and state) that it is not racism if they are the ones doing it.

Totally racist opinion in my book.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Stupid blacks can't see the truth that the almighty, always right white man does huh?
Depends on what you call "seeing the truth?" I see abject hypocrisy, and you see a guy who is telling the truth.

Perhaps black people should stop and think how hypocrisy doesn't get them anywhere? How hypocrisy denigrates their message? How hypocrisy unravels progress? How hypocrisy merely cultivates the attitude that black people just aren't up to the task of self-policing their own thoughts and actions?

Why should anyone give credence to a bloc who sits back and revels in hypocrisy? It makes no sense.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
After your response, I placed 'AND' in front of mines to denote that I did agree with you.I merely stated that along with your suggestion, tougher enforcement of federal law would be ideal as well.You stated that it wasn't needed
It isn't needed. The government just simply doesn't enforce all laws. That is a fact. It is a mistake to depend on our dysfunctional government to perform any particular action.

You have to take the lead in proactively leading others to create positive change, much like what was accomplished with the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Because you care so much about the issue, it's likely you'd be a strong and effective leader for others if you decide to create positive change yourself.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I disagree
What I posted is that it's a mistake to depend on our dysfunctional government to perform any particular action.

The Obama Admin itself has gone on record stating they won't enforce all laws.

You're going to have to make positive change happen yourself. Lead others, as well.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:38 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Create a demand. People do that all the time by shopping/buying from businesses they support. Buycotts and boycotts abound over every issue you can possibly imagine. Create more of a demand for jobs for Blacks.
Let's be honest here, black unemployment is not helped by Democratic policies of allowing a massive influx of workers from south of the border. You've got Al Sharpton completely on board with that and calling anyone opposing it racists against brown people. I wish he'd go back and listen to Barbara Jordan on that issue, or the current Black Chamber of Commerce...you know, those black business owners who actually live in the real world.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's easy...if I'm judging you by your behavior, then don't misbehave.

I hold prominent blacks to a certain standard. In this case, Thurgood Marshall 's standard. That's my right.

And this clown isn't measuring up. Reverse that and I won't call him names.

Til then...@_!#%*¢®€£¿¥!
Understood. Anyone who doesn't agree with how you want things done is racist or an Uncle Tom.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In regards to the above. I have only seen the word RINO used on white people. So in that effect, RINO is a racist term.....

In regards to Uncle Tom, it is based upon someone's political views, so it is no different than RINO or "*******" or any other perjorative phrase that you make up about someone who you don't agree with politically.
Herman Cain is a RINO. Any republican who is a progressive, and there are plenty, is a RINO. It has nothing to do with skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies