Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Now you're just arguing to argue. You can't honestly believe it's ok for ANYONE, much less a high profile celebrity who used to own part of the team & is still close to the team, to wear racist insignias court-side? Donald Sterling is banned from ever attending another NBA, but this is perfectly fine? As if there was ever a doubt, you're an obvious racist.
Well you guys can drum up the outrage and see if it has any effect. At this point Jay-Z doesn't own any shares in the Nets.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM

88,968 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Either that, or cancel Sterling's ban. As long as rules are applied to everyone in an equal manner, there is no problem, but at this time the rules are enforced or not enforced based on your skin color. That in itself is racism.
Yes! Exactly!

The double standard is in itself racist.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:55 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...That's what I thought.

But you know...the truth will get you nowhere. Lol

What's wrong with him saying the N word?

He can say it without consequences. You can't.

That doesn't make him bad.
"What's wrong with him saying the N word?"
Show's a lack of class in many peoples opinion, but if thats what he needs to be relavent to his audience so be it.

"He can say it without consequences. You can't."
Sounds like a weak form of empowerment. I would feel so special if I could have a secret word that I could say and others couldn't.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
he is another one, who gives a rats ass what he wears, or thinks, for that matter.

yawn.
He is absolutely of no importance to us.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls jaun View Post
"what's wrong with him saying the n word?"
show's a lack of class in many peoples opinion, but if thats what he needs to be relavent to his audience so be it.

"he can say it without consequences. You can't."
sounds like a weak form of empowerment. I would feel so special if i could have a secret word that i could say and others couldn't.

lol!:d

Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"What's wrong with him saying the N word?"
Show's a lack of class in many peoples opinion, but if thats what he needs to be relavent to his audience so be it.

"He can say it without consequences. You can't."
Sounds like a weak form of empowerment. I would feel so special if I could have a secret word that I could say and others couldn't.
Your opinion of class is meaningless.

And his empowerment comes from having a couple hundred million bucks and being married to the baddest chick on the game. Go and get your millions and a version of Beyonce (both impossible for you), and maybe you could say it too. Lol

Old 05-03-2014, 11:55 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Well, I have not noticed MSM mention anything about Jay-Z, but they can't stop talking about Sterling.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We'll see. This is being reported by dozens of media outlets. Let's see if MSM gets involved.
Ive seen this reported a couple weeks ago, but not by the big media. And of course, you dont hear a word from NBA players, the commissioner, Oprah, or any other loud mouth that couldnt wait to chime in on what the Clippers owner did.

Then again, JayZ and his wife love to throw around the N word, curse and call women ******* in songs and the MSM could care less. They hype both of these individuals without exposing them for who they are and calling them out.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:10 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That seems to be continuing to be exposed as the prevailing liberal/Democrat perception. And, again, I'd have to point to under-education as to why a significant percentage of liberals/Democrats don't understand that racists exist in all races.

Look at voters by education level:

Source: CNN

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)
Stop being dishonest. You are not fooling anyone.
VOTE BY EDUCATION
TOTAL Democrat Republican
No High School (3%) 64% 35%
H.S. Graduate (21%) 55% 44%
Some College (31%) 51% 47%
College Graduate (27%) 49% 49%
Postgraduate (18%) 58% 41%

Old 05-03-2014, 12:18 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That seems to be continuing to be exposed as the prevailing liberal/Democrat perception. And, again, I'd have to point to under-education as to why a significant percentage of liberals/Democrats don't understand that racists exist in all races.
You are a social liberal yourself, so I assume you stand with them on race issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies