Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2014, 03:57 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Enough......Enough with all this Benghazi bullcrap. With all the freaking problems we have facing us in America today, this constant rehashing of a single terrorist attack has got to stop. I'm no fan of the Obama administration but for christsakes, why not focus on the things that really matter? Like the fact that Obama's stooge in the FCC is fixing on handing the internet over to corporate interests in spite of Obama's promises to keep the net neutral? What about the TPP? That secret trade agreement started under Bush, added to by Obama, all being written in secrecy and nobody cares? Medical Marijuana dispensaries that Obama promised to leave alone that still face constant harassment by the DEA. The thousands of killings being carried out by remote control drones.....The NSA, The starving children in the USA, rampant unemployment, our collapsing infrastructure. There are plenty of real-time concerns that should be in the media's eye.........E-N-O-U-G-H with Benghazi.

Did you catch that? In this once great nation, people....especially the young and elderly are living in ever growing numbers of hunger, poverty and homelessness. Almost 22% of our nation's children live in poverty....22% and Fox "news" is outraged that nobody's paying attention to 4 deaths that occurred during foreign service. (an historically dangerous profession with known risks)

9/11/01 - Over 3000 Americans died in what could be considered the biggest intelligence failure in American history yet Faux news didn't pay the World Trade Center disaster a quarter of the attention that they've focused on Benghazi. On that day, America was attacked on 3 different fronts......and the knee jerk reaction to that was two of the most liberty stripping pieces of legislation ever passed. The Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act.......BUT....some might say that was the plan all along....

Really........what purpose is being served by beating this dead horse? Accountability? We're talking about the US government here......There is no accountability for anything.....EVER. Is this all because the Right has no viable candidate in the chute for 2016 so they're concentrating on trying to dismantle Clinton before she even announces? I don't know and I don't care. Regardless of who wins, it'll just be more of the same.

The Left, the Right....2 cheeks of the same huge ass with one common goal. To serve the interests of corporate America and it's elite puppet masters while what used to be a thriving middle class descends into serfdom and/or indentured servitude
I agree with this whole post. I voted for Obama twice, but contrary to the right's crap about worshpping him or calling him our Dear Leader, many liberals and progressives are not happy with him for many of the things you lay out in this post. And every single one of them are more pressing and urgent and should be where we place our focus than on beating the dead horse that is Benghazi, which is nothing more than political grandstanding.

Come on, GOP, there are more important things to be spending the very limited amount of time Congress is in session on. Things that impact people's lives in very real ways RIGHT NOW.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:59 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Prove that Obama KNEW it was not caused by the video. So far the evidence points to the fact that Obama and his minions relied on the CIA assessment. An assessment that wasn't changed by the CIA for nearly 2 weeks.
The information coming out is showing that his administration knew. So if he personally said it was about a video, he is either lying or so completely out of touch he should get out of office.

The big question is where was he that night while the situation happened (we know now that he wasn't where everyone assumed he should be), and the bigger question - where was Valerie Jarrett? Was she in that room instead of Obama? Those are questions that should be asked. And if the WH doesn't want to answer the question, why? What are they hiding?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good to know that our empty suits in DC really care about our fellow Americans.
Really? We knew that when a bunch of yahoos in the House chose to shut down the government at a cost of $24 billion, send workers home and close national parks and monuments.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Enough......Enough with all this Benghazi bullcrap. With all the freaking problems we have facing us in America today, this constant rehashing of a single terrorist attack has got to stop.

(snip)

Accountability? We're talking about the US government here......There is no accountability for anything.....EVER.
Some of the more thoroughly confused posters around here, are the ones that demand we STOP trying to find out what happened in Benghazi and why.... and in the same breath, wail how terrible it is that there is no accountability for anything.....EVER.

The board liberals love it, of course. These are exactly the kind of people they need for their agenda: uncritical simps who will ignore their crimes and never associate the country's slide with them, while letting them go on committing them without bound.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:06 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Wow let the parents of the 4 who died such a senseless death, think this is a fake scandal. Wow just wow.

FMA when you had 4 dead not one but 4, and no one person came to their rescue, when they requested help many times over. It is real as this can get. Dead as in never ever coming back. Sure these parents feel this is real as reality can get.

Fake scandal my azz, if these poor souls did not die yes this would be a fake scandal, 4 dead, what the hell you call this. A dream.

Too many delusional people believe u me.
Wow? Were you as concerned for all the families of those who died in Iraq during a war built on lies? Bet ya weren't. And it was a lot more than four people.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:06 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree with this whole post. I voted for Obama twice, but contrary to the right's crap about worshpping him or calling him our Dear Leader, many liberals and progressives are not happy with him for many of the things you lay out in this post. And every single one of them are more pressing and urgent and should be where we place our focus than on beating the dead horse that is Benghazi, which is nothing more than political grandstanding.

Come on, GOP, there are more important things to be spending the very limited amount of time Congress is in session on. Things that impact people's lives in very real ways RIGHT NOW.

The deal is, with Fast & Furious, the IRS, the NSA and then Benghazi, NO ONE... and I repeat NO ONE has been held accountable.

Where does the Buck Stop?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:09 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Conservatives having been politicizing Benghazi and attempting to leverage it for political gain since it happened. That is a lack of compassion and respect.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:10 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Some of the more thoroughly confused posters around here, are the ones that demand we STOP trying to find out what happened in Benghazi and why.... and in the same breath, wail how terrible it is that there is no accountability for anything.....EVER.
I notice how you completely ignore the very real problems that are facing real people in this country NOW. Today. When will the GOP get around to addressing things that are impacting and hurting Americans every day? They're scheduled to be in session a mere 113 days this year. Do they plan on spending the entire time holding hearings on Benghazi? Is there truly nothing else of importance?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
There are no lies, evasions, or stonewalling.
I had wondered where Baghdad Bob, the Iraqi Information Minister, had gotten off to. Hadn't heard from him for a while, since the time he was announcing defiantly there were no Americans anywhere in Iraq, they had all been thrown out... while the split screen showed a live shot of American tanks rolling down the main highway of Baghdad toward the airport. He kind of vanished after that.

Now I'm happy to see he is here and gainfully employed in his new job (just like the previous one), announcing on this board there are no lies, evasions, or stonewalling from the Democrats.

P.S. Is there any truth to the rumor that he is the Obama speechwriter who came up with "If you like you doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period." ....??

Old 05-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I notice how you completely ignore the very real problems that are facing real people in this country NOW.
No, I post about them in other threads, instead of trying to hijack this one and divert its subject as liberal persons such as yourself are so desperate to do.

You should try it sometime.

Back to the subject:

Trey Gowdy has asked some pretty good questions of the press, including:

* Do you know why requests for additional security, were denied?

* Do you know why an Ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered, and those requests went unheeded... do you know why those requests went unheeded?

* Do you know why no assets were deployed, during the siege? And I’ve hear the “explanation”, which defies logic frankly, that we “couldn’t have gotten there in time”. But you know, they didn’t know when it was going to end. So how could you possibly cite that as an excuse?

* Do you know whether the President called any of our allies, and said, “Can you help? We have been under attack.” Can you answer that?

Anybody want to guess whether the press is ever going to display any curiosity over these matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies