Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Fact-checking Benghazi: The rhetoric hasn't matched up with reality | PolitiFact

House Republicans want another investigation of the attacks in Benghazi, specifically whether the White House is withholding information on the attacks. By some counts, it’s the eighth investigation into the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks in Libya in which four Americans died, including the U.S. ambassador.

Just a few samples:

A lot more at the link.

Please don't expect enlightenment from the lunatic fringe.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was very interested, but my curiosity was satisfied 18 months ago, when the facts were clear. Everything after that has been a shameful exploitation of the dead, and now the GOP took it to another level by trying to make money off of it. It is an insult to memory of the four dead Americans.
I would say the same about the Dems and Sandy Hook.
Your side is no better at doing this.

As Rahm once said.."Never let a good crisis go to waste".

Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The Paper trial is there and there are witness to attest the President Made Political decision , instead of the good for the country.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:44 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Obama Press Corp, alive and well. What respecting journalist would right such a piece when 4 Americans died?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The killing of an Ambassador and then lying about it is an "inflated" problem.

How easy it is for liberals to cheapen the truth.
What would be the motive for lying?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Originally Posted by Ferd
The issue here with respect has nothing to do with where the president was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Yes, I know that, so tell it to people like Southward Bound and steven_h.
Why name me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
This is fully worth investigating - except it has already been investigated, and four people in the Department of State have resigned as a result of the findings.

This would be worth investigating, if there were any evidence that it happened. But since the evidence points in the opposite direction, showing that the White House did it's best to let Americans know what happened, there's no point in this.
Again, you speak as if you're an insider. The attempt to investigate hasn't been met with openness and honesty. The latest emails were held back for more than a year, and were only released under court order. This fact makes it logical to believe that there's more evidence being withheld.

Seems to be worth opening another investigation to the Democrats who voted for the special committee. The investigation will be bi-partisan. If they find nothing I'm sure that'll put it to rest.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well duh...I remember when Roberts was up for the supreme court and my wife a registered dem and my father a registered rep both got letters that basically said....

Send us money now so we can support\block the nomination of Roberts so we can keep\overturn Roe vs. Wade.

Then the confirmation process had a few big name dems grandstand for the base.....and a couple big name reps get up and grandstand for the base....then they nearly unanimously approved of Roberts.

Most of the garbage that goes on is nothing more than scaring\angering the base into giving money to politicians whom use to stay elected and not much else lol. Suckers.
The day after the ambassador an others were praying for help but were killed in Benghazi no one knows where Obama was. But the very next morning Obama went to Vegas campaigning for money.

I agree with this. Both asking for money but Dems do it then attack others .... typical.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Gowdy was supposedly an excellent prosecutor. So I expect, as long as the WH/State Dept comply, if there is anything to be found, he will find it.

The key is just how much, if at all, the WH and State Dept will comply. It would not shock me to see them stonewall. They seem to do it every time they may have something to hide.

And to all you liberal hacks, if you truly believe there is nothing to find here, then you should urge the WH and State Dept to play along and comply. Hell, if there is nothing to anything here then them complying could make the GOP look like crazies in the end, right? You would be proven right by being open and transparent, right? So what the hell is your issue with that? Are you that scared that something bad will be found?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM

372 posts, read 450,104 times
This is all just a political ploy to hurt Hillary. You think the GOP actually care about what happened to 4 Americans? They are pandering to people like those of you on this forum who eat this up. The Hate Obama Crowd

Old 05-09-2014, 06:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
For anyone who buys into the democrat BS imagine it is you who is fighting through the night, incoming machine gun fire and Obama and Hillary are more worried about their political careers than your life. As history shows, they were screwed and now democrats still can't admit that everything they did from leaving the men behind to trying to cover up was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies