Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 AM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where is all the outrage for the treatment of veterans at VA hospitals, more have died due to neglect waiting for healthcare than Benghazi, but we have not had one hearing.
There will be.

And you're not seeing/hearing much outrage because the MSM (I mean, Obama's cheerleaders) try to resist reporting on it because it makes the Obama Admin look bad.

And/or this:
Quote:
"Or perhaps we're just fatigued with the Obama administration's scandals — the IRS targeting conservative groups, the National Security Agency seeing, hearing and tracking just about everything that everyone in this country does, the Justice Department tapping journalists' phones and emails, the still-murky details of how the White House responded to a terrorist attack on the U.S. outpost in Benghazi last September that left four dead."
Too Tired to Care About VA Scandal? | RealClearPolitics

Given the bolded, above, blackmailing journalists into toeing the Obama Admin line is a possibility, as well.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Here is how I see it. If Benghazi is a phony scandal as the Dems say then then all involved need to comply with all subpoenas come testify honestly with nothing to hide be open and let the world see there is no scandal. Seems if there is no scandal the dems would want this. If the answers to the un answered questions display no scandal seems as if the truth would win and dems would gain politically. If the truth is found and there was a political scandal based on the facts the truth wins and republican gain.
Seems as if the republicans seek the truth even when the truth might politically go against them .Seems the Dems do not seek the truth displaying a fear if the truth goes against them.
So who is seeking the truth regardless of politics?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There will be.

And you're not seeing/hearing much outrage because the MSM (I mean, Obama's cheerleaders) try to resist reporting on it because it makes the Obama Admin look bad.

And/or this:Too Tired to Care About VA Scandal? | RealClearPolitics

Given the bolded, above, blackmailing journalists into toeing the Obama Admin line is a possibility, as well.
I will believe it when I see it, I don't recall a hearing back when this came up at Walter Reed Hospital either. Plenty of hearings on the IRS and Benghazi where 4 people died in a country during a revolution but when 40 veterans die in our own country it takes a back seat.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:37 AM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
I will believe it when I see it, I don't recall a hearing back when this came up at Walter Reed Hospital either. Plenty of hearings on the IRS and Benghazi where 4 people died in a country during a revolution but when 40 veterans die in our own country it takes a back seat.
Look to the Obama Admin and the MSM for that. The Obama Admin is tapping journalists' phones and emails and quite possibly blackmailing journalists into toeing the Obama Admin line. And the MSM are Obama cheerleaders anyway.

Who doesn't know that?

CNN clip here:
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/9036...-actually-job/

Old 05-12-2014, 06:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1. According to the lunatic fringe, Obama is an incompetent bumbler who can't tie his own shoes.

2. According to the lunatic fringe, this incompetent bumbler continually outmaneuvers the GOP house investigators at every turn, leaving them in his dust, while they stand powerless to do anything but make allegations they can never back up.

3. According to the reality-based community, the facts of the Benghazi incident have been laid out long ago.

I report.

You decide.

Regarding #3 - I think the emails released recently show that the "facts" have not been laid out. In fact, there were a lot of things kept back from those conducting the investigation.

Why do liberals hate the truth so much?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The House of Representatives passed the resolution to form a Select Committee on Benghazi - it's a done deal.
The purpose of this Select Committee is to gather ALL the information that was attained by four committees, 13 congressional hearings, 50 briefings, five reports, 25,000 pages of documentation (and that's only in the House) into ONE Committee and hopefully put an end to the Investigations that have often been like Circus sideshows. There will be only 12 members and the Chairman will have more latitude that the separate "committees" that often had up to 30 members with a time limit of only 5 minutes for any questioning.

It's silly to argue against this Committee, because it's already a "fact" .... and "facts are facts". It's going forward.
It didn't have to happen, the White House, State Department, CIA, National Security Council and Department of Justice could have just complied with Committee subpoenas and not either withheld or sent totally redacted documents ..... BUT, they didn't do that. An outside group was able through the Courts to get information that was withheld from Congressional Committees - that alone is reason enough to turn this over to one group to figure out what has been going on.

Democrats now have a couple of choices -
1. Boycott the Select Committee
2. Join the Select Committee and do everything they can to keep it from fact finding.
3. Join the Select Committee - demand answers to the questions and put this thing to bed.

#3 is not happening - Democrats and the White House are clearly in a Panic about the Select Committee
You can't help but wonder ..... why is that? Facts are Facts - why be so afraid of "facts" coming to light OR finding out that there are no more "facts" to discover? Why the Panic? Why the Fear?
Exactly. If all the facts are already out there, and according to the Dems show there's nothing to see, why worry about going over it one more time to make sure?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Where is all the outrage for the treatment of veterans at VA hospitals, more have died due to neglect waiting for healthcare than Benghazi, but we have not had one hearing. Seems like the GOP priorities are misplaced considering all the problems we have in our country. It was reported that around 40 veterans died waiting for healthcare, that is deserving of their attention.
Fox News, who liberals hate, is doing a segment right now on that. I've seen a lot of talk about this, so it's not being ignored by the right.

Now, our president, who weighed in about a botched execution of a murdering scumbag the next day, IS noticeably silent on the VA issue. Where is HIS outrage? I guess his priorities are misplaced - I'm guessing he didn't miss his golf game yesterday.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:26 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Sam Ervine the chair of the Watergate Select Committee was respected by both parties , the investigation was methodical and fair. Imagine for a moment Sam Ervin turning off someone's microphone.

Compare that to Darrel Issa and the multiple hearings with a constant partisan slant, how many hearings does he need to get it right. Every hearing had the focus on the video, if they were to ask a few questions as to why the US Ambassador was in the middle of nowhere running guns I would believe that their intentions were honorable. Indicating how concerned they are about those killed and then consuming time making political statements tell me their motivations are elsewhere.

Darrel Issa was not picked by Boehner to be on the 9th committee hearing, that may mean there is still hope.
Funny how you bring up Ervine and the Senate then switch to Issa and the House.

Why didn't you compare the Senate then and now. Is it because NOW it is a VERY PARTISAN DEM controlled Senate?

The turning off of Cummings microphone was justified.

Have you thought that MAYBE if the O admin gave the documents as requested thee wouldn't' be a need for multiple hearings?

You don't find ANYTHING wrong with the O admin giving the House a document so redacted that it doesn't make any sense yet because of a court order the SAME document is given to a PRIVATE organization with NO redaction?

2 simple questions. WHY didn't the O admin give the document when asked for it and WHY redact it?

I wonder how many or documents the O admin is hiding.

Instead of covering for O why aren't you asking for full disclosure? Maybe you are just a partisan!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:26 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Regarding #3 - I think the emails released recently show that the "facts" have not been laid out. In fact, there were a lot of things kept back from those conducting the investigation.

Why do liberals hate the truth so much?
What fact was revealed by a recently released email?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Takes a back seat? There are investigations in the House and the Senate. The VA is stonewalling on turning over documents (and Obama doesn't seem to care, par for the course in this administration).

The House voted to subpoena those documents this past week:
Lawmakers Subpoena Docs from VA Secretary to Probe Death of Veterans | East Idaho News

John Cornyn (R-Texas) requested emergency hearings the end of April. McCain has proposed allowing Veterans to see private doctors so they don't have to go to the VA.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it's not happening. You need to hold Obama's feet to the fire. He's the one allowing the VA to stonewall and not firing the VA Secretary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies