Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,680 times

Advertisements

So say it, you'd take away poor people kids and put them up for adoption. Is that it?

And what about dead-beat red states being on continuous subsidy by liberal blue states?
Is that "state welfare" ok in your book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
oh but I did, you just didn't like the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 09:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
So say it, you'd take away poor people kids and put them up for adoption. Is that it?
And get their welfare check reduced? Nah, I'd be crucified. If the parents truly did care about them they would put them up for adoption and stop having more. Really, if you didn't make it how can you prepare your children for life, what can you teach them?... how to get a welfare check and scam the system? Is that a good life?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 AM

Would you like your parents to give you up for adoption if they couldn't make it on their own?

Quote:
And get their welfare check reduced? Nah, I'd be crucified. If the parents truly did care about them they would put them up for adoption and stop having more. Really, if you didn't make it how can you prepare your children for life, what can you teach them?... how to get a welfare check and scam the system? Is that a good life?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Would you like your parents to give you up for adoption if they couldn't make it on their own?
If I had a choice between living in a ghetto and being put up for adoption then yes put me up for adoption. Parents are supposed to teach their children and prepare them for life on their own. Geeze, even animals teach their young. How can someone on welfare prepare their children when they can't take care of themselves. The parents are supposed to be the big boys and girls in the room, not people who went from their own parents to dependency on government.

Yes my parents ran into hard times... you know what they did, my dad worked overtime for awhile. My parents didn't sit around smoking cigs and drinking bitching that life was unfair and everyone was out to get them. Guess what that taught us. When life gets tough the touch get moving.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:58 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
is it true that federal funding for welfare is being cut down? i always here poltical ads boasting this, but i can not tell by the myriad of people of varied backgrounds on food stamps, wic, section 8, medicaid etc. it never ceases to amaze me the people who are 46+ on medicaid and driving escalades. (seen it) but i suppose if i didnt have to shell out my hard earned money for living neccesities, i would have a surmountable wealth at my disposal. but anyways, how true is it that the welfare asistance program will get cut down?

The Democratic party made a huge mistake when they foolishly believed that reforming welfare back in the mid 1990's, would take the boogie man of welfare off of the table as a political issue.

Instead after successfully demonizing those on welfare, conservatives have taken to calling every program welfare in order to run the same formula.

Welfare which was renamed TANF, is direct money to the participants. The people nationally who receive TANF has shrunk since welfare reform. Meaning despite a growing population, there are fewer people now receiving welfare/tanf than in the 1990's.

So let's be very clear food stamps is not direct money to the participants. The participants get food and grocery stores get the money from food stamps.

Section 8 housing vouchers is not direct money going to the participants. The participants get housing and the landlords get the money.

WiC is food for new born babies and moms while nursing but again. It is not money for the participants, but food, and the money goes to businesses.

Medicaid doesn't go to people as money. The participants get medical care and hospitals and doctors get the money.

So instead of debating these specific programs and what they provide, conservatives would rather lie and refer to everything as welfare in order to demonize those people and programs the same manner they did to welfare.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM

226 posts, read 284,835 times
Quote:
If I had a choice between living in a ghetto and being put up for adoption then yes put me up for adoption. Parents are supposed to teach their children and prepare them for life on their own. Geeze, even animals teach their young. How can someone on welfare prepare their children when they can't take care of themselves. The parents are supposed to be the big boys and girls in the room, not people who went from their own parents to dependency on government.
This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this website. Just because the parents are in poverty means that they should give up their children for adoption? What guarantees that the children will be in better living conditions, and will feel more happier about being in a foster home? There are many external factors to why some people are in poverty, and some of those factors aren't the parents fault.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If I had a choice between living in a ghetto and being put up for adoption then yes put me up for adoption.
Ghetto? Most people on welfare don't live in ghettos. Again, would you like your parents to give you up for adoption just because they couldn't afford you?

Unfortunately many kids grow up with one parent, or with parents who are drug users, alcoholics or even Republicans. What can these kids do? Should all of them be given up for adoption?

Quote:
Parents are supposed to teach their children and prepare them for life on their own. Geeze, even animals teach their young. How can someone on welfare prepare their children when they can't take care of themselves. The parents are supposed to be the big boys and girls in the room, not people who went from their own parents to dependency on government.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The Democratic party made a huge mistake when they foolishly believed that reforming welfare back in the mid 1990's, would take the boogie man of welfare off of the table as a political issue.

Instead after successfully demonizing those on welfare, conservatives have taken to calling every program welfare in order to run the same formula.

Welfare which was renamed TANF, is direct money to the participants. The people nationally who receive TANF has shrunk since welfare reform. Meaning despite a growing population, there are fewer people now receiving welfare/tanf than in the 1990's.

So let's be very clear food stamps is not direct money to the participants. The participants get food and grocery stores get the money from food stamps.

Section 8 housing vouchers is not direct money going to the participants. The participants get housing and the landlords get the money.

WiC is food for new born babies and moms while nursing but again. It is not money for the participants, but food, and the money goes to businesses.

Medicaid doesn't go to people as money. The participants get medical care and hospitals and doctors get the money.

So instead of debating these specific programs and what they provide, conservatives would rather lie and refer to everything as welfare in order to demonize those people and programs the same manner they did to welfare.
Ask who makes big money on those EBT debit cards. Then tell me why democrats encourage welfare. lol, and people thought it was because dems care.

The far-right conservatives seldom make any sense.... It's like trying to talk about ethics with Darth Vader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by land161 View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this website. Just because the parents are in poverty means that they should give up their children for adoption? What guarantees that the children will be in better living conditions, and will feel more happier about being in a foster home? There are many external factors to why some people are in poverty, and some of those factors aren't the parents fault.

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And then paying half of that in taxes so slugs can collect welfare.
Man GTFOH Do you have any receipts where your taxes are going for all we know you may be on welfare yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
If I had a choice between living in a ghetto and being put up for adoption then yes put me up for adoption.
What an I***t!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies