Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you always supported gay marriage?
Yes, I have always supported gay marriage 88 41.71%
No, I've only in recent years changed my mind became a supporter 34 16.11%
No, I don't like it, but I no longer oppose it because opposing it is a lost battle 7 3.32%
No, and I still oppose gay marriage 48 22.75%
Other (please state) 34 16.11%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
With several Republican lawmakers changing their views on the issue, virtually no Democrat left in the Senate that opposes gay marriage, and society as a whole swing towards a pro-LGBTQ sentiment, I thought it'd be interesting to see if the trend was noticeable on CD as well.

Is attitude towards gay marriage changing? Has your attitude towards it changed and why?

By always, I am talking about in your adult life. If you were a 10-year-old boy and grew up anti-gay in the 1970s, I wouldn't say you've necessarily changed if you've been pro-gay marriage since you started voting.
I bet some ethnic and racial minorities could be Democrats opposed to gay marriage. Take Persian immigrants for example..they could fall in this category...or Senegalese immigrants. In some nations in Africa and the Middle East, not only is there no recognized gay marriage, there's also still criminalization of acts of homosexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 01:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
With several Republican lawmakers changing their views on the issue, virtually no Democrat left in the Senate that opposes gay marriage, and society as a whole swing towards a pro-LGBTQ sentiment, I thought it'd be interesting to see if the trend was noticeable on CD as well.

Is attitude towards gay marriage changing? Has your attitude towards it changed and why?

By always, I am talking about in your adult life. If you were a 10-year-old boy and grew up anti-gay in the 1970s, I wouldn't say you've necessarily changed if you've been pro-gay marriage since you started voting.

yes I am sick of hearing about that as much as I am about race!!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 01:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God is omnipresent.. he is everywhere ... God said marriage is between one man and one woman.

I happen to be a Christian and if you think God blesses every union just because they are a man and a woman then you do not know much about God

Old 05-09-2014, 01:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
God is omnipresent.. he is everywhere ... God said marriage is between one man and one woman.
God also said a bride who isn't a virgin should be stoned to death. Do you hang out at weddings with a pocketful of rocks, or is it just the same sex marriages that have your knickers in a knot?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:08 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
What I said is that this spiritually acclaimed, sexually exploring narcissist opposed his own brief 'gay' marriage.

An Episcopalian bishop, previously married with 2 kids, 'discovered' he's gay. Divorces wife, abandons his family. Then 'marries' a man for 6 years. Then divorces him.

No death does him apart from anybody. Staying together in good times or bad times? Oaths, vows, promises, are for others.

He's indeed a true poster boy & trail blazer for your cause.
Here is a "true poster boy and trail blazer" for you - ABRAHAM- the father of the Judeo/Christian/Islamic religions.

Abraham married his half-sister Sarah.
He had sex with her slavewoman Hagar and had a child by her
He kept lots of female concubines for his sexual pleasure and had children by them
He married Keturah and had 6 children by her.
His nephew Lot offered up his 2 virgin daughters to be gang raped, then later had sex with them himself and had children by them.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post

Marriage as we knew it, is dead. Got sick in the 70's, hospitalized, and finally died in the 2010's.
Is this the sort of 'marriage' you are mourning?

Old 05-09-2014, 07:21 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
I used to be pro gay marriage yet since I became a Christian my views have changed. I know that there will be gay marriage soon that will be legalised yet I will never see it as a true marriage.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I used to be pro gay marriage yet since I became a Christian my views have changed. I know that there will be gay marriage soon that will be legalised yet I will never see it as a true marriage.
That's a really sad story. I hope you recover soon.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I happen to be a Christian and if you think God blesses every union just because they are a man and a woman then you do not know much about God
I find it funny and ironic that you people say god is omnipresent and omnipotent, yet you all try to put your god in a box by claiming to know what it/he/she knows and wants.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:07 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
OTHER:

MAINLY BECAUSE I NEVER CARED.

what they do in their own bedroom is their own business as long as they dont come screaming at me that they are married and I should accept it.

NO I DON'T NEED TO.

I just don't care.
please leave me alone.
If you are happy great just stop harassing me to accept you thanks.

if you are gay/lesbian it is fine.

I find les on les pretty hot as do most guys.

guy on guy maybe much less.
but as long as they don't like me in that way it is fine.

MARRIAGE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A PROMISE
NOT a acceptance by others.

You only invite others to be a witness to the promise.
if you divorce then you broke a promise.

That's all. Basically it just means you don't keep your word.

so if gays want to make a promise to each other that is up to them.
why do others need to accept or deny it?

just go do it if they want just dont ask others that dont want to accept it to accept it.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US.
unless we know you.

now BYE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies