Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you always supported gay marriage?
Yes, I have always supported gay marriage 88 41.71%
No, I've only in recent years changed my mind became a supporter 34 16.11%
No, I don't like it, but I no longer oppose it because opposing it is a lost battle 7 3.32%
No, and I still oppose gay marriage 48 22.75%
Other (please state) 34 16.11%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No they are not, if you think they are, then you have a lawsuit coming your way.
I'll see you in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,007,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Where are the gays going? You must know if they don't repent. Eating shellfish is not equal to accepting the act of homosexuality as normal. Your reasoning has no merit.
Where are the gays going? Where are you going? Or do you believe what you read in an old fictional book?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM

33,466 posts, read 17,989,376 times
Quote:
So you think a fictional being has been lying to people? Next you will be telling me the eastern bunny is real and she lays chocolate eggs.
You know nothing about the spirit world.. because you are not born of the spirit of God.. those that are not born of the spirit have satan as their father and will be swayed by any thought idea or belief.. they are built on the sand instead of the strong foundation of God through Jesus Christ. As Jesus said, they know not what they do.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,007,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I'll see you in court.
Why? Who said I was gonna sue you? But if you discriminate when doing business you run that risk, but I really don't care if you get sued for bad business practices.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,618,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Where are the gays going? You must know if they don't repent. Eating shellfish is not equal to accepting the act of homosexuality as normal. Your reasoning has no merit.
Where did you get the idea that eating shellfish is a lesser sin than committing homosexual acts? The Bible makes it VERY clear that all sin is equal, and it uses the exact same word to describe both. Right there in Leviticus (11:11) only short distance from the verse you people love to hit gays over the head with.

Anyone who loves shellfish and won't stop eating it is going to suffer with the rest of us.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:00 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
Quote:
Why? Who said I was gonna sue you? But if you discriminate when doing business you run that risk, but I really don't care if you get sued for bad business practices.
I won't.

I did not get where I am today by being stupid.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,920,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How is "judge shopping" going on? If I want to challenge the constitutionality of, for instance, Colorado's gay marraige ban, I go down to the Federal District of Colorado and file the lawsuit, and the case is randomly assigned to a judge.

How is it that I can shop for a judge???
I provided a link which you apparently didn't even read. I could provide more but what is the point? You won't read them either. Bray on.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:20 PM

592 posts, read 412,843 times
Just because he is not human it doesn't give you the right to discriminate. Your views are bigoted and hateful. And the state must recognize trans species marriage and protect us from your hateful views.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:05 PM

592 posts, read 412,843 times
Gay marriage is such a joke, it's not even funny. It's like gay pride; What are you proud of? What's with the parades? It's just for show. It's camp. What is wrong with you people? You can not be serious.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,753,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Gay marriage is such a joke, it's not even funny. It's like gay pride; What are you proud of? What's with the parades? It's just for show. It's camp. What is wrong with you people? You can not be serious.
Granted as a gay man, I do not join gay parade and I feel that some of the participants of the parade could mar public's opinion of LGBT community. However the point of gay pride is that you are proud to be LGBT and you are not hiding. You are proud that you have family members who are LGBT and support them. You are proud as a decent human being, you support giving LGBT community equal protections under law. (Underline LAW not religion).

There is nothing funny about gay marriage. It is a serious manner. As any other law abiding citizens, WE ARE ALSO PAYING TAXES LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. Therefore, we would like to get the same treatment like everybody else UNDER LAW.
We do not care if the church approves our marriage because some of us are not even Christians. We just want same recognition under law. That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies