Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you always supported gay marriage?
Yes, I have always supported gay marriage 88 41.71%
No, I've only in recent years changed my mind became a supporter 34 16.11%
No, I don't like it, but I no longer oppose it because opposing it is a lost battle 7 3.32%
No, and I still oppose gay marriage 48 22.75%
Other (please state) 34 16.11%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:24 PM

461 posts, read 556,106 times

Advertisements

With several Republican lawmakers changing their views on the issue, virtually no Democrat left in the Senate that opposes gay marriage, and society as a whole swing towards a pro-LGBTQ sentiment, I thought it'd be interesting to see if the trend was noticeable on CD as well.

Is attitude towards gay marriage changing? Has your attitude towards it changed and why?

By always, I am talking about in your adult life. If you were a 10-year-old boy and grew up anti-gay in the 1970s, I wouldn't say you've necessarily changed if you've been pro-gay marriage since you started voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
I have never changed my position.
Marriage should not be regulated by the state.
If you want all the "controversy" to disappear then get the govt out of marriage.

I find it comical, in a sad way, that the left is always saying "stay out of my bedroom" then they want the government to sanction marriages. What exactly do they think is gonna happen?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
As long as the government requires you to check certain boxes on their forms to attain food, water, medicine, etc I'm all for people doing whatever it takes to get those natural rights.

Always have been. Always will be.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
My attitude stays the same, i never cared about the issue in the past and i dont care about the issue now, if a same sex couple wants to marry? whats it to me, how does it impact my life,who cares/

Old 05-03-2014, 03:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
If you want all the "controversy" to disappear then get the govt out of marriage.

I find it comical, in a sad way, that the left is always saying "stay out of my bedroom" then they want the government to sanction marriages. What exactly do they think is gonna happen?

I actually don't care about same-sex marriage provided it isn't called "marriage".

Same-sex marriage uses the power of the state to force an association between heterosexual unions and homosexual ones.

The same-sex marriage ruse is designed to surreptitiously establish homosexuality as equal with heterosexuality in law.

For this reason "everything except the word marriage" has been rejected by same-sex advocates.

It is the lie behind same-sex marriage I reject.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,919 times
Quote:

And yet you guys passed anti sodomy laws.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:51 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post

I prefer to call them poop chute preservation initiatives.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:01 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I never passed any law. And I'm not on the right either.

If you support government approved marriage then you can expect government making laws that regulate behavior related to sex. Including sodomy laws. Don't complain. It's what you asked for.

It's like when people say "stay out of a woman's reproductive area" but then supports government take over of health care. What exactly do they expect?

If you don't want anti-sodomy laws and the like stop supporting candidates that want to interfere in personal relationships.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
I'm tired of hearing about it. Don't care either way.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

I agree. Reinforcing government power to define marriage another way is not progress. It's still government control of a private situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies