Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:48 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

Lucky for me I steer with my knees half the time with my hands behind my head. Rarely do I use more than one hand.

Silly ruling though.. the gestapo is trying to profile for more 'drug crimes' and fill up our prisons full of more people doing time for 'drug crimes' which make up more than half our prison populations already.. these drug nazis should all be kicked out of their positions and hopefully as the years go by these people will wither away and common sense will prevail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 10:54 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
I get that all of you people are upset by the facts of why she was pulled over, but lets face it... if she hadn't been breaking the law she wouldn't need to try this kind of appeal! I have no worries when a police officer pulls me over, because I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!

Old 05-03-2014, 11:02 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I get that all of you people are upset by the facts of why she was pulled over, but lets face it... if she hadn't been breaking the law she wouldn't need to try this kind of appeal! I have no worries when a police officer pulls me over, because I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!
Do you drive the speed limit? With your hands at 10 and 2? Were you a teenager? Then you did something wrong by this standard

Old 05-03-2014, 11:45 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Do you drive the speed limit? With your hands at 10 and 2? Were you a teenager? Then you did something wrong by this standard
No, I would have done something that caused an officer to become suspicious. Then he would have pulled me over and I would have let him search my car (wouldn't be the first time), he would have found nothing, and I would have driven away.

In her case, she didn't want her car searched because she knew she WAS BREAKING THE LAW.

See the difference?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:56 PM

No, I don't. Who doesn't stiffen up and watch their driving when there's police in their rearview mirror? The 4th amendment protects not just from prosecution, but from the methods used to get there if they go too far.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:23 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
It was dusk, she had tinted windows and wouldn't open the window more than a crack to let the officer see in. He had reasonable suspicion she was up to no good especially since she said she was driving from Douglas (first she said Bisbee) to Tucson and was going in the opposite direction.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:09 AM

Regardless of what she did or didn't say, he had no reason to stop her to begin with!

Old 05-04-2014, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Judge Scott M. Matheson, Jr. is an Obama appointee and an unsuccessful Democratic candidate for Governor of Utah in 2004. Is anyone surprised that Obama would appoint a like-minded fascist to the bench?
It was a 3 judge panel - 1 appointed by Clinton, 1 by GW Bush, and 1 by Obama. The Bush appointee agreed with the decision.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Regardless of what she did or didn't say, he had no reason to stop her to begin with!
Where does legitimate suspicion start and end? A high school massacre was prevented last week because police investigated someone who was behaving suspiciously.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Where does legitimate suspicion start and end? A high school massacre was prevented last week because police investigated someone who was behaving suspiciously.
It ends with law enforcement using flimsy means to shake down someone. The price we pay for living in a free society is sometimes bad things happen. The best example I can think is the botched response to the Boston marathon attack. The police shut down a city, stormed into houses without warrants with their rifles at the ready and the twerp they were looking for was found AFTER all that OUTSIDE the area they were searching. I'm sure we could drop crime to nearly nonexistent if the police started randomly beating down doors and searching houses without suspicion, but we can't let that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies