Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As a comparison. I see all these stickers on cars "baby on board" which I guess is to make you drive more carefully so as not to injure them. But then I wonder where are the stickers that say "adult on board"? Maybe granny is on board or mom or dad. Are their lives less significant? Just food for thought.
Those signs can be used for emergency workers to look for a baby after a wreck.

Happens more than you think: Bad wreck, baby goes flying lands in a ditch, responders only find baby after driver asks about the welfare of his/her child.

Fire departments pass out "tot spotter" stickers as well. Put the sticker on the baby's bedroom window so the firemen know to go there first when they pull up and the joint is engulfed in flames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM

770 posts, read 1,796,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's a for-profit, heavily regulated, extremely bureaucratic industry where people work long hours.

Be grateful you weren't killed on the spot and made it out alive.
Yeah, and that is why it needs to be changed.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Anecdotes do not equal evidence.
What medication did he want? What did it do? What other meds was he on? What was the reason she refused to recommend this medication? Would it have done more harm than good? Was it contraindicated for any reason?

You can't just arbitrarily say "This nurse refused a medication my father demanded, so I wanted to slap her and nurses and society don't care about their adult patients."
Don't you have any reading comprehension skills?? I was talking about how rude she was to my father. I was there when it happened.

The type of medication in question doesn't mean squat. I would hate to see how you would react when a loved one was dying of a terminal illness and was treated like crap by a nurse.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's the same reason 'save the children' and other charities only show kids and not their parents or other people in the community. Their ads show whole villages populated only by children.
I agree. It is sad, but unfortunately true in this country.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I can then, only repeat that I'm sorry your experiences have been so poor.
It does, however, remind me of the many threads about how rude, clerks, tellers, phone reps, "fill in the blanks" are but then find so many others that experience so little of that.
May be that some of it is responsive. Sort of a 'get what you give' thing...not something kids are as inclined to do
(Now,don't get all defensive and take it personally. We know that doesn't apply to you,right ?)
Blah Blah Blah. From your responses, I can tell you have never had a mother, father or other adult loved one in your family dying of a terminal illness and had personally seen those individuals treated like garbage by a so called medical professional. My father was NEVER rude back to this nurse and I can vouch for him since I was with him (along with my grandmother) during each visit before he switched his primary care to another team at another hospital in town.

I guarantee that if you had a close family member who was dying of a terminal illness, you would understand where I am coming from. But as of right now, you have no clue whatsoever.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Blah Blah Blah. From your responses, I can tell you have never had a mother, father or other adult loved one in your family dying of a terminal illness and had personally seen those individuals treated like garbage by a so called medical professional.

I guarantee that if you had a close family member who was dying of a terminal illness, you would understand where I am coming from.
You're the one who seems rude. Did you learn it from your dad?
In any case, yes, the type of medication is very important. Maybe he kept demanding a medication that he should not be getting. I suspect a nurse knows a little more about medication than your father did.
Nurses don't deny a patient medication out of spite.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
You're the one who seems rude. Did you learn it from your dad?
In any case, yes, the type of medication is very important. Maybe he kept demanding a medication that he should not be getting. I suspect a nurse knows a little more about medication than your father did.
Nurses don't deny a patient medication out of spite.
Uh no I am not the one who is rude and no my dad did not teach me that. I am just frustrated that people like you and the poster I responded to seem to not understand or have any sympathy for what me, my dad and my family went through.

My father was a good man. He did not deserve to die from such a horrible disease at such an early age. I will admit that in his final 7 days, his mood became erratic and he even got a little hostile with me at times, but by then, the cancer had spread throughout his body and DUE to his liver not functioning AT ALL, the bile was starting to corrode his basic brain functions.

However, the visits with the nurse where a month and a half before he died and where around the time that he found out he was terminally ill by his doctor. My dad was taking the medication that the nurse prescribed to him and it was only causing him more pain and he simply wanted another medication that didn't cause him as much pain as he was already in (sorry but I don't remember the exact name of the medications for you "purists").

Of course though, I seems as you have never had cancer or ever had a family member who was dying from cancer, so you have yet to know what it is like to go through what I or anyone else in my family did with the passing of my father and having to see him decline day after day. He suffered a lot due to the cancer and if you are going to blindly back the nurse in question, despite what I have said, then believe me, I won't be the only one that doesn't feel sorry for you or anyone in your family that ever becomes terminally ill with cancer. I personally won't shed a tear.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Uh no I am not the one who is rude and no my dad did not teach me that. I am just frustrated that people like you and the poster I responded to seem to not understand or have any sympathy for what me, my dad and my family went through.

My father was a good man. He did not deserve to die from such a horrible disease at such an early age. I will admit that in his final 7 days, his mood became erratic and he even got a little hostile with me at times, but by then, the cancer had spread throughout his body and DUE to his liver not functioning AT ALL, the bile was starting to corrode his basic brain functions.

However, the visits with the nurse where a month and a half before he died and where around the time that he found out he was terminally ill by his doctor. My dad was taking the medication that the nurse prescribed to him and it was only causing him more pain and he simply wanted another medication that didn't cause him as much pain as he was already in (sorry but I don't remember the exact name of the medications for you "purists").

Of course though, I seems as you have never had cancer or ever had a family member who was dying from cancer, so you have yet to know what it is like to go through what I or anyone else in my family did with the passing of my father and having to see him decline day after day. He suffered a lot due to the cancer and if you are going to blindly back the nurse in question, despite what I have said, then believe me, I won't be the only one that doesn't feel sorry for you or anyone in your family that ever becomes terminally ill with cancer. I personally won't shed a tear.
My mom died of cancer. I really don't care if you feel sorry for me or not. You're a stranger on a message board.
Nurses don't prescribe medication.
Why didn't you just ask for a different nurse?

Old 05-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
My mom died of cancer. I really don't care if you feel sorry for me or not. You're a stranger on a message board.
Nurses don't prescribe medication.
Why didn't you just ask for a different nurse?
Yeah and I feel the same way about you buddy.

By the way, my dads doctor is the one who prescribed the medication but the nurse, at this particular hospital (Cox South in Springfield, MO.) was the one who, at the time, told him what his medication was. My dad had very little to no contact with his doctor at that hospital before he switched to the other medical system in the city (Mercy).

Again, I won't shed a tear if you EVER get on this forum and complain about a bad experience with a medical professional.

Also, I don't believe that your mother ever died of cancer. Why? Because you are just another internet troll that think that he knows everything and lies when trying to relate to a poster. You have never experienced what it is like to lose a loved family member and, judging by your personality, I would be willing to be serious money that many people that you personally know won't feel sorry for you or anyone in your family when a serious terminal illness occurs.

I can tell by your tone when you type that you only care about yourself. Pretty pathetic.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah and I feel the same way about you buddy.

By the way, my dads doctor is the one who prescribed the medication but the nurse, at this particular hospital (Cox South in Springfield, MO.) was the one who, at the time, told him what his medication was. My dad had very little to no contact with his doctor at that hospital before he switched to the other medical system in the city (Mercy).

Again, I won't shed a tear if you EVER get on this forum and complain about a bad experience with a medical professional.

Also, I don't believe that your mother ever died of cancer. Why? Because you are just another internet troll that think that he knows everything and lies when trying to relate to a poster. You have never experienced what it is like to lose a loved family member and, judging by your personality, I would be willing to be serious money that many people that you personally know won't feel sorry for you or anyone in your family when a serious terminal illness occurs.

I can tell by your tone when you type that you only care about yourself. Pretty pathetic.
Wow!
That was pretty nasty. My mother died of colon cancer six years ago. I really don't give a crap if you believe me or not.
Again... if this nurse was such an evil beeyotch, why didn't you ask for a different nurse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies