Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 7,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
That's exactly right. According to feminist dogma, a woman has no responsibility at all. She can follow a man to his hotel room, have sex with him for whatever length of time she wants and still say "no". And if he continues, he's guilty of rape. Sorry, I don't buy that. If you're in bed naked with a guy, I call that consent.
That is not consent. That you think it is shows you don't actually know what it means, which is rather alarming. Does that mean if you were in such a situation you would disregard the woman's refusal and continue?

Quote:
And wouldn't that be great? To live in a world where all of the signals we send are intercepted only by those we wish, who interpret them exactly as we intended? Surprise! The world doesn't work that way. You're making yourself look bad by failing to grasp this simple concept.
Again, you're showing your ignorance. Dressing provocatively is not always a signal for sex and is NEVER an "invitation to rape" (however figuratively you want to use it. The phrase just doesn't make sense.) You are shifting blame from rapists, which is, again, alarming.

Quote:
Precisely. As I already mentioned, there are different types of rapists with different MOs. How often do grossly obese co-eds get raped? Extremely rarely. Why? Because they are sexually unattractive.
You have no data to back that up and, again, you're showing your ignorance. I'm tired of quoting your posts.

PS: Life exists beyond the college dorm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My sister-in-law was raped by her boyfriend of several months after he decided that he really wanted to have anal sex despite her firm and repeated refusal of that act in the past. This was during sex. She struggled and he did it anyway.

Yes, that is rape.

apples to oranges

The poster you are responding to never mentioned anal sex.

( and yes...........that gay sex act is so repulsive he should have been charged )

Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM

7 posts, read 7,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
apples to oranges

Incorrect. The comparison is perfectly valid. They both involve a man ignoring the limits on consensual sex, escalating the situation to rape.

The second part of your post is so stupid I left it out.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM

102 posts, read 101,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaty View Post
That is not consent. That you think it is shows you don't actually know what it means, which is rather alarming. Does that mean if you were in such a situation you would disregard the woman's refusal and continue?
In all likelihood, I would respect her wishes. But a lot of men would not. And while I wouldn't call them gentlemen, I wouldn't call them rapists, either.
Quote:
Again, you're showing your ignorance. Dressing provocatively is not always a signal for sex and is NEVER an "invitation to rape" (however figuratively you want to use it. The phrase just doesn't make sense.) You are shifting blame from rapists, which is, again, alarming.
The phrase makes sense to those able to understand it. Clearly someone is showing ignorance here, but it isn't me. Rapists are certainly to blame for their actions, but women who put themselves in circumstances and dress/act in a way that makes them a target also have to take some responsibility for their own behavior.
Quote:
You have no data to back that up and, again, you're showing your ignorance.
If you'd like to believe that obese women are targeted at comparable rates to thinner, attractive women, you're welcome to, but it defies logic. Have you considered why elderly women are rarely targeted for rape, despite being the most physically vulnerable? Might it have something to do with sexual attraction?
Quote:
I'm tired of quoting your posts.
Perfect. I'm tired of reading yours, as they're adding very little to the conversation.
Quote:
PS: Life exists beyond the college dorm.
Of course it does. But most understand that many women are victimized in a campus setting, so it serves as an ideal example of the type of rape we're discussing.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Yeah,i know.

There needs to be some type of public announcement that states everyone is a potential victim,regardless of age,sex,size,and income.
They have those public announcements constantly, but mostly they get the news out to people who already know the truth.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:42 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
apples to oranges

( and yes...........that gay sex act is so repulsive he should have been charged )
He should've been charged regardless. You can't just force yourself on someone like that.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:02 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My sister-in-law was raped by her boyfriend of several months after he decided that he really wanted to have anal sex despite her firm and repeated refusal of that act in the past. This was during sex. She struggled and he did it anyway.

Yes, that is rape.
Yes. Yes, it is. getting into bed with a guy - or marrying him -- doesn't mean you never have the right to say "no" again.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:48 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Precisely. As I already mentioned, there are different types of rapists with different MOs. How often do grossly obese co-eds get raped? Extremely rarely. Why? Because they are sexually unattractive.

It's truly frightening and discouraging - not to mention personally disgusting -- that you guys here on this thread have the attitude and IGNORANCE you seem to have.

Unfortunately and God forbid, it takes someone like one of you to actually get raped -- and it happens -- to more fully understand what we have been trying to explain to you.

I hope you grow up before you marry and have daughters. Very sad to know any of you think the way you do.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:55 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Ironically though, in a thread about rape myths, we're speaking about women as the typical victim. As men are raped more often than women in the U.S., might we be perpetuating a myth of our own?
Really now? Back this claim up with real numbers and statistics, please. Otherwise you're doing some myth-making of your own.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,733 times
Judging from the media, it seems as though people only care if the victim is a pretty, young white female or think that only pywfs are the only ones who are raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies