Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 11:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,979,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No laws aren't perfect but to live in a civilized society we must abide. I don't let my kids just run wild. Why should I be able to? Killing? Most folks don't go kill each other.............I have guns just in case one of the nuts shows up on my door though.

But do we need all of these unnecessary bulls*** laws to tell us how to behave, or treat others? Laws such as telling us what we can eat, drink, smoke? I mean, I know common sense is out the window a lot in this country these days, but I sure as hell don't need some bureacracy to tell me how to be a good person or treat others. At any rate...it's good though that you have the means to protect yourself. Gun or no gun, one should never be a victim and have the means and the knowledge to defend themselves. Remember, the cops are minutes away when seconds count.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,992,626 times
Hey I hate stupid laws as much or more than anybody but you gotta follow em is my point. If you don't where do you end up? That is what I tell my kids. When I was younger I didn't care and F the police and all...........things change.

Or go vote some folks in who promise things and screw us all over year after year. All they all do. That is why I have guns.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Hey I hate stupid laws as much or more than anybody but you gotta follow em is my point. If you don't where do you end up? That is what I tell my kids. When I was younger I didn't care and F the police and all...........things change.

Or go vote some folks in who promise things and screw us all over year after year. All they all do. That is why I have guns.

Or stop voting for folks who offer false promises, which is why we are in the shape that we're in in the first damn place! Secondly, I have a pretty big bulls*** detector, and will question something when it doesn't seem right. At any rate, you being in your kid's lives will be the difference, and no bureacrat can replace that.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM

You are right but the whole madness brainwashes folks to go in herds anymore. I have a good BS detector too..........and see it everyday. Maybe the global warmers should tax BS instead of cow poop?........lol

Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
You are right but the whole madness brainwashes folks to go in herds anymore. I have a good BS detector too..........and see it everyday. Maybe the global warmers should tax BS instead of cow poop?........lol

I agree that there are a lot of brainwashed fools. Take solace that at least a few of us can still think for ourselves.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree that there are a lot of brainwashed fools. Take solace that at least a few of us can still think for ourselves.
I used to have faith the people would be able to end the lunacy............now they are all lunatics. Gonna be an interesting roll here the next few.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,370,953 times
For non-violent offenders I would be good with a system that worked something like

the sentance is to be evaluated for skills/interest, then the punishment is they go to jail until they complete some form of education, pay for that education, and find gainful employment as a result.

people who successfully go thru such a program would not have to report the criminal conviction on job applications.

repeat offenders would be forced to make little rocks out of big rocks, then make big rocks out of the little ones then repeat.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,915,025 times
Threads like this always shows who the real threat to American freedom is. Who would have known so many right-wingers liked the ruthless dictators of the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And yes I agree. There are some people like this scumbag that should not walk among us. IMHO the process should have been quicker, and a bullet to the head would have sufficed as well as a cheaper solution. Torturing the guy makes us no better than him in that aspect. I'd at least allow him to beg God for mercy on his soul, and then click... BOOM!

Now having said that.... I know how you feel about the cops and the growing police state based on your previous posts, and I'm suprised you don't see the failure that is the war on drugs. Especially given that our government makes money off of it. Criminalizing Americans for non-violent offenses like drug use is big business to the Prison Industrial Complex. Now, if you're using an intoxicant, and you harm, or kill someone in the process... then throw the book at them. If you murder someone in a drug deal gone bad... then throw the book at them.
Ok, calm down now

Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM

LOL.............your a right winger now too Browny...........

Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,915,025 times
Quote:
LOL.............your a right winger now too Browny...........
There's always a non-right-winger who has dictatorial tendencies, hence Stalin. But, on this board, the overwhelming majority of posters who wish we had a North Korean or Chinese " justice" system are right-wingers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.