Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Je View Post
78% profess to be Christians. A Christian would strongly support his religion and faith, promote and boast it publicly and proudly just like the early Christians did and many still do. I am still disappointed by the majority of the congress who are afraid repealing the First Amendment so none of these issues would ever occur. 90% of congress are "Christians" so obviously they can do whatever they want.
WTF mate! I think Iran is more your style.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 PM

334 posts, read 438,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you don't like our constitution, go somewhere without one.
You act like as if it that easy just to move to another country. Actually according to the Constitution and now the US Supreme Court decision I have the freedom and right to pray and promote Christianity in public

Christmas is a national holiday, and so is Good Friday in my state, and Sunday shopping is banned in my county. I have God on my money and in pledge publicly...

I am actually quite happy and more is on the way because we demand more freedom and rights as stated in your so-called Constitution.

287 posts, read 1,028,236 times
But seriously Jag-je, Supreme Court Justices aren't elected. Much like you weren't elected the true judge of real Christians.

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I love the argument that America is a majority Christian nation, then turn around and and say that most are not TRUE Christians. What a load of crap. Either people are or they are not Christians. Which is it?
Well, there are important theological differences that just haven't been ironed out yet.

Another thousand years or so ought to do it.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
WTF mate! I think Iran is more your style.
Iran is an Islamic country.... I am NOT Muslim. I do not believe in apostasy penalty nor killing non-believers or homosexuals, or taxing non-Christians.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Iran is an Islamic country.... I am NOT Muslim. I do not believe in apostasy penalty nor killing non-believers or homosexuals, or taxing non-Christians.
Stoning? You like it?

Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Stoning? You like it?
No, Jesus saved the prostitute Mary Magdalena from being stoned by the Jewish.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
You act like as if it that easy just to move to another country. Actually according to the Constitution and now the US Supreme Court decision I have the freedom and right to pray and promote Christianity in public

Christmas is a national holiday, and so is Good Friday in my state, and Sunday shopping is banned in my county. I have God on my money and in pledge publicly...

I am actually quite happy and more is on the way because we demand more freedom and rights as stated in your so-called Constitution.
Yes you can. But you can not force others who are trying to take care of business to sit and listen to your preaching. BTW this ruling was limited to this one case, it wasn't a nationwide decision.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:14 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
You aren't a real Christian then.

Leviticus
20:9: If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

Deuteronomy
22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus
35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
according to .. the US Supreme Court decision I have the freedom and right to pray and promote Christianity in public .
Huh? What did today's SC decision have to do with private citizens praying and promoting religion in public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies