Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 AM

724 posts, read 590,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why doesnt the Tea Party become their own entity as a real political party instead of trying to achieve success by piggy backing on the Republican party?
Basically if you cant change the 2 party system its kinda pointless to endlessly whine about the issue,
Ultimately your only power is your vote every few years,if you dont like the party in power vote in the other one,if that doesnt happen at least respect the democratic system and the choice made by the voting majority.
Because the tea party was created and birthed by the Republican Party, big tobacco and the Koch heads.

Tea party = Republican Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 01:14 AM

724 posts, read 590,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you don't like it as much as you claim, move to another country.
Yes because every time someone sees a problem and wants to change it they should geeyetout.....

Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 AM

4,654 posts, read 4,569,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We don't have a 2 party system.

We have a one party system. When the other party is in charge, nothing changes.....
I agree with you.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:32 AM

22,569 posts, read 24,365,374 times
In general, it is WAY past the point of the voter making much of a difference.

As for the 2 party system.......for the most part, both parties don't really want any changes.

The USA is really just a big joke at this point in its life.

This country is very-much on the downside of its life expectancy.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:33 AM

4,654 posts, read 4,569,531 times
Why do we have to choose between malaria and aids?

Old 05-08-2014, 06:41 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,342,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Why do we have to choose between malaria and aids?
I like the South Park one better " choosing between a s*** sandwich and a douche I have never made that choice just can't stoop that low.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:16 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,536,373 times

Old 05-09-2014, 10:17 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Good Cop / Bad Cop.
I seem to remember last election when those of us who stated we would not vote for Romney nor that current clown in the WH, a slew of idiots on here told us that we were "throwing our votes away".

Now people want to talk about the tyranny.

I have a lot to say to people like that, but I will refrain since you, OP, were not one of them. For the rest of them who did say stupid crap like that: this is what you get.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Because the tea party was created and birthed by the Republican Party, big tobacco and the Koch heads.

Tea party = Republican Party
You don't have a clue what the Tea Party is.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,439,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
How?

Seriously.

Since the post Civil War era (aka post war of Yankee aggression) the two political parties that we know and love today have created a stranglehold on the electoral process.

When one reads the Constitution and then looks at the results of the first few Presidential elections, one realizes what the Founding Fathers intended. To whit, voters voted for the person they thought best qualified for President, and that the electors, following the wishes of the voters, chose the best qualified person as President, and the 2nd best qualified person as Vice President.

Different parties? Different political philosophies? So what?

Today, of course, we the people cannot vote based on our determination of best and next best. We are forced by the political parties to choose based on party, not qualification. This extendends down to even the municipal level, at least in the real big cities. Vote the party way, or shut up and go away. Real representative democracy, isnt it.

Funny how today there is a movement to eliminate the Electoral Collage. It's undemocratic, they say. Well, I contend that the two party system is undemocratic, because it forces We the People to choose only what the parties tell us we can choose. Eliminate the stranglehold of the two party system, I contend, and we will see more and better and more responsive democracy.

IMHO
I don't find the two party system so restrictive in our case. Because fortunately we have Democrats, making it a simple matter to identify candidates to avoid. That makes it easy to determine that the candidate without the D next to their name is the best candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies