Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do burglars deserve death?
Yes 156 59.77%
No 105 40.23%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,755,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus
If that thief breaks into my home or car, he deserves to suffer the consequences. He assumed the risk and takes his victim as he finds him, preferably with the ability to impose the ultimate penalty for the intrusion.
I agree!!!

How do you know the guy doesnt have a gun???

SOMEONE COMMITING A CRIME SHOULD BE APPROACHED VERY CAUTIOUSLY!!!!! (They know they are doing something wrong)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 AM

86 posts, read 72,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Glad to know you are speaking outa your buthole...
How so? I asked a question, genius. That's not speaking out of my ass.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:13 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
While a 12 gauge is nice (the barrel of it looks like a railroad tunnel when it is pointed at you), it isn't really necessary.
I had a very nice Magnum 12 gauge with both the 18 and 28 inch barrels. I didn't like it.
My 20 gauge with 18 inch barrel is lighter, less recoil, holds just as many shells, and will do the job just fine if the necessity ever arises for it to be used.
Oh, and YES, I certainly CAN put 2 shots down range (double tap) with no problems.
I have the 28 inch barrel for the 20 gauge also.
I like the Judge by Taurus

"The Taurus Judge is a five shot revolver designed and produced by Taurus International, chambered for .410 bore shot shells and the .45 Colt cartridge. Taurus promotes the Judge as a self-defense tool against carjacking and for home protection".

Taurus Judge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is easier to maneuver in a house environment and has plenty of punch with .45

Because it has a rifles barrel it maintains a tight pattern with the .410 shells.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Expression. Slang for "shoot the bad guy." And I could easily double tap with a 12 gauge.

What kind of "thief" rocks kevlar, Russian grenades, full autos and a 40? You're talking about a hit man/squad. What if they have a forward spotter laser guiding artillery on your pos? What if they drop willie peter mortars on you? Roll in with tanks? I thought this thread was about thieves breaking and entering, not counter insurgency in Fallujah.
I forgot to ask, "What if he had night vision?"

Old 03-07-2015, 03:53 PM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheOtherSide View Post
How so? I asked a question, genius. That's not speaking out of my ass.
NO genius, post 691, you very clearly stated you have NEVER shot a shotgun and may never....

So, that means you ARE talking outa your ass!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:39 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,023,596 times
I'm watching an episode of dateline that covers this situation. It's called 12 minutes on elm street if anyone is interested. Basically some hoodlum kids broke into the house and the guy offed them and they are charging him with murder because he used too much force in their opinion. This is a case of the criminals having more rights than the citizens.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:44 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,356,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
they are charging him with murder because he used too much force in their opinion. This is a case of the criminals having more rights than the citizens.
we had a stupid law like that too, you had to run to the farther corner of your house before you could shoot, well they change that law, if somebody is treasting me, i can shoot you in my front yard, and no charges.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
NO genius, post 691, you very clearly stated you have NEVER shot a shotgun and may never....

So, that means you ARE talking outa your ass!
So because I have no desire to shoot a shotgun I'm talking out of my ass? What if I never want to shoot a 50 cal? Or an AK 47? I still don't see how I was talking out of my ass, genius....

Old 03-08-2015, 09:20 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,023,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
we had a stupid law like that too, you had to run to the farther corner of your house before you could shoot, well they change that law, if somebody is treasting me, i can shoot you in my front yard, and no charges.

Yeah this guy was off his rocker and recorded the whole thing but still they broke into his house/ you forfeit your rights at that point. They even blamed the guy cause he moved his truck they said he was enticing them to break in. essentially blaming him for their illegal actions.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,837,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Yeah this guy was off his rocker and recorded the whole thing but still they broke into his house/ you forfeit your rights at that point. They even blamed the guy cause he moved his truck they said he was enticing them to break in. essentially blaming him for their illegal actions.
If the guy had just lawyered up he would be a free man today. You can shoot them but you can't fire a finishing shot as they lay helplessly on the ground gravely wounded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies