Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Hillary Clinton: Gun culture is 'way out of balance'

She's right.

The Supreme Law of the Land has always been that law-abiding citizens could own and carry a gun anywhere they wanted to. As a result, few bothered to do so, since they decided they mostly didn't need to.

And crooks knew that those few were always around, and could injure them badly or kill them if they committed a crime. So they seldom did. And even more seldom, did it twice.

But now people are violating that Law of the Land right and left, disarming large segments of the law-abiding population, and deaths and injuries are soaring as a direct result, as crooks assault, rob, rape, and kill them with relative impunity.

The gun culture has indeed gotten "way out of balance", as Hillary said. It should be balanced back to what the law says, immediately. This will get us back to the situation where (again) most law-abiding people don't bother carrying.... but the crooks can't anticipate which ones still do.
Will Hillary be doing campaign speeches, trying to get people to "rebalance the gun culture" any time soon?

Will she have armed guards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Keep talking Hillary.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Killary is an idiot. Politicians are so out of touch on matters like this.
They don't live day to day like everyday people, make comments about things like this, while having armed bodyguards surrounding them.
Yawn

Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
With everything going on in Chicago, it's obvious gun control doesn't work.
Of course those have have ARMED security don't want anyone else who can't afford armed security to be able to have the tools needed to defend themselves and their families.

Maybe we should get rid of her Secret Service detail and she should wear a placard stating " Gun Free Zone".

Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Correct some people should not carry loaded guns...like her husband Billy who she evidently could not handle...this is my rifle this is my gun one is fer fight'n' one is fer fun!
Why Ms.Clinton couldn't handle that 3 a.m. Bengazi phone call she bragged about & you want her for Chairmanship... I mean POTUS?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Correct some people should not carry loaded guns...like her husband Billy who she evidently could not handle...this is my rifle this is my gun one is fer fight'n' one is fer fun!
Why Ms.Clinton couldn't handle that 3 a.m. Bengazi phone call she bragged about & you want her for Chairmanship... I mean POTUS?

What difference does it make? I kid... I kid...

Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If concealed carry were made legal in Chicago, the crime rate would dramatically drop as thugs think twice about harrassing the good upstanding citizens of the city if they knew those citizens would be packin'.

Oh wait -- concealed-carry is legal in Chicago now, yet the crime rate is still such that you lot are still blaming gun control. At some point you're going to need to come up with a new argument.
Spoken like someone who has no idea what life in a city is like, let alone what the situation in the South Side is like.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:50 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Hillary is completely right that gun culture is way out of wack. That said, she'll never do anything about it in any meaningful way. She'll just talk about the obvious problem everyone but the extremist nutjobs knows our country has... And then she'll do nothing.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's the criminals and those in the anti-gun culture that are out of control, the rest of us are law abiding citizens with a second amendment right.
I like this. Well put. We are not asking for much either. Just leave us be. If you don't like or feel a need for a firearm, you don't have to own any. Just don't tell the rest of us we have to feel the same.
We choose to exercise our 2a rights. Don't like it? Well, I'm not inviting any of the folks like Hilary to come over for BBQ.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:12 AM

741 posts, read 764,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's the criminals and those in the anti-gun culture that are out of control, the rest of us are law abiding citizens with a second amendment right.
The Second Amendment was not intended to permit the situation we're faced with today. The right to have arms was intended for use in a Militia situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies