Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
My husband is from NJ and a Jets Fan - the things us southerners endure

Hey if you really want to p*** off a Jets fan (or Giants fan for that matter) tell them that the Buffalo Bills are New York State's ONLY football team!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Are god loving Evangelicals done watching NFL football now? We know that Evangelicals freely use their faith as an excuse to discriminate but do they use their faith to make hard choices for themselves?

Old 05-13-2014, 04:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
After reading the comments on this one... I assume most of you can't see your hypocrisy, right?

If the tables were turned and the gay community boycotted whatever because they felt discriminated against, most of you folks would have a hardon as you cheered your tails off. Of course they have a right to do it!!! And they should!!! Shut the XXX-phobic morons down!!! Go team!!!

But... when the tables are turned all I read is venom. Not a damn one of you see that as hypocritical, do you?
Gays can boycott whoever they want. People who support gay marriage can boycott whoever they want. We leave in a country where we ARE ALL free to protest against or support both sides of the issue. Sorry if this makes you angry. I hear it's nice in Dubai.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you judge those who struggle with weight issues?
Judge? Not hardly. I'm simply pointing out that Reverend Boycott needs to read ALL of the Bible if he's going to lecture America on sin.

I anxiously await his nation-wide protest against biscuits and gravy.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-13-2014 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-13-2014, 05:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I attend church on Sundays.
Good for you.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:45 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I attend church on the Sabbath, Saturday!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:48 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Default Evangelical Christians Planning Boycott of NFL Team that Drafts (Openly Gay) Michael Sam

I doubt he will get much of a following Football has a strong fan base. Now if this guy causes a lot of trouble bringing in a bunch of new rules to protect him then it could hurt the sport.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:21 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I attend church on the Sabbath, Saturday!
Good for you. There is nothing wrong with fellowshipping with other believers on any or every day of the week. The Old Testament rules concerning the Sabbath were to strictly observe a day of rest, do no work. It was not a day of temple worship. Jesus freed us from the laws of the Sabbath and said "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath". Fellowshipping on Saturday (the Sabbath) is a good thing. Sunday too.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus said "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives"

The guy asking for protest is not looking for peace, but trouble and division. I see the same sort of thing on some Christian TV shows (some, because most shows are good) where political activism drives the speakers to plant the seeds of division as opposed to planting the seeds of peace. It is not a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
As a non believer I don't have one of those best selling books that all the God loving Christians own so I do have a question.
Is there a list of people in that book that God says it's OK to hate? Seems to me that many God loving Christians all agree on who they want to hate.
If there is no list in the book then how do you decide who you want to hate? Do you have meetings to discuss who you put on the hate list?

The good thing about being a non believer is I don't have to agree or be swayed by a group to form a hate list.

I know on C-D I have read various posts about who is the favorite people to hate.

Blacks, Jews, Catholics, Arabs, Gays,Liberals have all been mentioned as hate groups and many have been targeted by Evangelical Christians.

So are Evangelical Christians Gods chosen people who have the religious right to hate without any repercussions?

Pretty sure if there was a God those people would be on his s**t list.
If you look at this list, God would hate conservative Christian anti-gay crusaders like Burkman:

Proverbs 6:16-19

There are six things which the Lord hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among the community.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-14-2014 at 03:59 AM..

Old 05-14-2014, 03:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
There is no proof that one is born with homosexual. That is something that is assumed but the studies found have been inconclusive, so it would be unfair for me to assume something that has not been conclusively proven. That still does not change how I would treat an individual, which is the point. I think you are trying to find something wrong with my statement, but honestly this conversation is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Christian psychologist Dr Warren Throckmorton is a well known, respected (and honest) clinician and researcher who works in this field.

He explains why many evangelical Christians seem to know so little about the research about sexual orientation. They only read "evangelical publications and consume evangelical media."

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation — Warren Throckmorton

There is plenty of reliable information about sexual orientation and gay people freely available from reputable health organisations. Even more if a person has access to peer-reviewed reputable science Journals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies